RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A rather random muse on political systems
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
Re: A rather random muse on political systems

Ceiling Cat Wrote:About the drones getting rights, I'm all for AI protecting laws - but as well as for laws that forbid giving drones any awareness, making them able to do their job.
If you were for a more radical plan - we can always hardwire the AI to feel good to help others, maybe possibly be our main sidekick in existence as an intelligent race(inb4 geth - quarians sucked for letting their AI hand their ass to them Laugh ).

Man I saw you as a crazy idealist but now your darkside is starting to show. Laugh

As for the quarians getting their ass kicked by the geth its no actually bad and its explained better if you play mass effect 2.

The quarians have great ship power(Maybe the best fleet and tech out of all the races) but on foot are the weakest race of fighters(Any damage to their suits makes them very much dead and if a quarian takes one shot at point blank could put them in bed for a week due to the infection) there is and the geth are one and controlled by a one system modem(One geth learns something they all learn something) and all have complete control at all times of one another and can all communicate all together at once while not to mention the geth can replace and train their numbers in less than a second.

The quarians getting their ass kicked was to be expected.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
03-12-2010 07:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)
Re: A rather random muse on political systems

Ceiling Cat Wrote:Capitalism was beneficial to a country like Poland, where USSR-forcefed communism was around for a long time and poverty was common everywhere, while availability of goods was scarce as hell. The very same system worked in oldfag (19th century) America, as everyone recalls how much a dollar was worth back then, and how the place prospered.
Now, countries in Europe and the America itself are suffering. Why? Because we let government control capitalism. I don't have anything against trading, it lets everyone have access to goods that can't be produced on the spot. But, what if you let money become the priority instead of resources?

It all collapses.

Compulsory schooling became a very harmful element in our economy, because it ensured distribution of goods only to those who are obedient. Therefore, people's mentality of peace and prosperity = happiness changed to money = happiness.
Nothing could be more of a mistake than that. We need to fix the system, but in order to do that we must start over. Experiment with small communities of people who would be independent.
The problem is, governments would never allow this - either trying to extort some profit from this, or outlawing it whatsoever. Trying to create a nation, a separate country anywhere would be deemed a crime of treason. The worst thing about this world is, that every single fucking piece of land is claimed by someone, owned by someone, having laws put in place - there's no freedom anywhere except maybe in some barren wastelands nobody would even want to claim. If you proceeded to defend your new homeland with arms, you'd be crushed by the country you wanted to take the unused land from, or trapped in a border siege with no choice but to return the land to the country.
This sucks on so many levels, as my dream is to actually try creating something like this in future. But it's hard to get a place to start this, even a fucking artificial island (unused oil rigs, anyone?) is hard as hell to come by. Colonizing a new planet might be an answer, but then again we're years from doing that and sure as hell nobody would let a poor revolutionary to reach outside of the already claimed Earth.

edit: phpbb fucked up the paragraphs, I need to recall how to make the triforce-space.
Very much this...

Alt + 0160.

[Image: glorious666.png]
03-12-2010 10:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Another mindless bullshit muse on anarchism Ahab 10 4,088 01-07-2010 02:16 PM
Last Post: Kirby
  Systems Freak 7 2,130 09-27-2006 11:48 AM
Last Post: WildFire