RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mitt Romney
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)
Mitt Romney

This is taken from the Launchpad forums, originally posted by Rebelnerd:
Rebelnerd Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ik4f1dR ... playnext=1

For those of you too lazy or busy to read, here's some paragraphs that sum it up nicely:

Quote:As The Hill noted last week, 133 plaintiffs filed a civil suit against Romney’s Utah finance co-chair, Robert Lichfield, and his various business entities involved in residential treatment programs for adolescents. The umbrella group for his organization is the World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools (WWASPS, sometimes known as WWASP) and Lichfield is its founder and is on its board of directors.

Quote:But the link to teen abuse goes far higher up in the Romney campaign. Romney’s national finance co-chair is a man named Mel Sembler. A long time friend of the Bushes, Sembler was campaign finance chair for the Republican party during the first election of George W. Bush, and a major fundraiser for his father.

Like Lichfield, Sembler also founded a nationwide network of treatment programs for troubled youth. Known as Straight Inc., from 1976 to 1993, it variously operated nine programs in seven states. At all of Straight’s facilities, state investigators and/or civil lawsuits documented scores of abuses including teens being beaten, deprived of food and sleep for days, restrained by fellow youth for hours, bound, sexually humiliated, abused and spat upon.

Let that sink in for a moment. Not only did the teen behavior modification industry help fund the President ever since 2000, but a man who is undoubtedly going to push for the Republican nomination in 2012 has been deep in bed with these "people" for years.
Think about what this could mean. We can kiss any possibility for regulating the camps goodbye. That UN Declaration on the Rights of the Child that would crack down on them? Forget about it. Never again could we count on Federal law enforcement to come to the prisoners' aid.

I'm going to make this as simple as I can: Mitt Romney cannot be allowed to sit in the Oval Office. If it really looks like he's got a shot in 2012, we need to swallow our pride and support whoever has the best chance to beating him, whatever party they may be. If any of you are (or will be) registered Republicans by then, try to vote him out in the primaries. This isn't a party issue, it's a youth freedom issue.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
03-28-2010 01:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)
Re: Mitt Romney

And please don't take this as subliminal left-wing propaganda. This has nothing to do with the Republican Party, we just don't want this particular man getting their nomination. If he was a Dem I'd say the same thing.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
03-28-2010 05:27 AM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Fuck Mitt Romney. I knew the bastard wasn't a good dude in any way, and now this more than backed it up. He needs to be shot.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
03-31-2010 07:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Leon Kinotolian Wrote:Fuck Mitt Romney. I knew the bastard wasn't a good dude in any way, and now this more than backed it up. He needs to be shot presented with a strongly-worded letter of condemnation.

Dude...they're listening

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
03-31-2010 10:06 AM
Desu Offline
Fanatic

Given 340 thank(s) in 182 post(s)

Rebelnerd Wrote:
Leon Kinotolian Wrote:Fuck Mitt Romney. I knew the bastard wasn't a good dude in any way, and now this more than backed it up. He needs to be shot presented with a strongly-worded letter of condemnation.

Dude...they're listening

[Image: 4chan-party-van.jpg]

RIP GORE GOROTH

He was an hero. He will always be remembered.
03-31-2010 12:18 PM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Rebelnerd Wrote:
Leon Kinotolian Wrote:Fuck Mitt Romney. I knew the bastard wasn't a good dude in any way, and now this more than backed it up. He needs to be shot.

Dude...they're listening
What's your point? You can legally go onto Obama's Myspace and suggest that he take a long walk off the edge of a cliff, and won't get in trouble, because it's not threatening him. You can say ANYTHING to ANYONE, and as long as you don't directly threaten them, they legally can't do jack. Not even the President. Ergo, I don't give a holy damn if they're listening.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
04-04-2010 12:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Saying "he needs to be shot" is different than saying "he should take a walk off a cliff." Besides, do you really think the secret service is ignoring all those threats? They just don't publicize them. But they're still monitoring and investigating.

04-04-2010 12:40 PM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Rebelnerd Wrote:Saying "he needs to be shot" is different than saying "he should take a walk off a cliff." Besides, do you really think the secret service is ignoring all those threats? They just don't publicize them. But they're still monitoring and investigating.
We've said a fair amount of stuff on this site about more than Mitt Shit Romney or Barack "Stop It, Fucker" Obama. If they were really going to do something, trust me, it would've been done a long time ago and everyone on this site would've more likely than not been fucked, in at least one sense of the word.

Is the Secret Service currently at your doorstep?

How about in your ice cream?

Perhaps jerking it under your bed?

No?

Then quit being a paranoid worrywart.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:

04-04-2010 02:47 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Do you honestly believe that they're not watching this site? I'm not being paranoid, I'm being realistic. If we're going to attract government attention I'd like to actually deserve it first, and not have it be for something as stupid as a Mitt Romney joke.

04-04-2010 03:43 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

The government's wasted funds on a lot stupider shit, so, I'm gonna have to say Rebelnerd has a bit of a point.

Oh yea, and fuck this shit, I'm leaving America on my 18th birthday.

The election is in 2012... coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Hidden stuff:
No, not really.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
04-05-2010 04:55 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

RE: Mitt Romney

Despite the video URL apparently going to another video, Romney is the current front-runner among the Repubs, so I bumped this.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
10-10-2011 12:39 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

Mitt Romney: A Mormon Republican. Nuff said.

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
10-10-2011 02:53 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Mitt is a shysty fucker. I'll be sure to vote against him.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
10-10-2011 03:01 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

(10-10-2011 02:53 PM)gore goroth Wrote:  Mitt Romney: A Mormon Republican. Nuff said.

Who gives a shit about his religion?

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
10-10-2011 06:03 PM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

(10-10-2011 06:03 PM)The Desert Fox Wrote:  Who gives a shit about his religion?

Native Americans

//

[Image: techhoops5.jpg]
10-11-2011 07:52 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

Since Mitt remains the frontrunner, I feel a bump is called for.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
02-15-2012 04:29 AM
Wingless Offline
el presidente

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

This reminds me, with the NDAA in effect, I can't see how we can trust any of these upcoming candidates except for maybe Ron Paul, who as far as I know is the only candidate that seems to be remotely close to being a normal functioning human begin and not a scumbag.

[Image: sigtest1-1.jpg]

"When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime," freedom and liberty have become words without meanings." - Deus Ex
02-15-2012 07:10 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

(02-15-2012 07:10 AM)Wingless Wrote:  This reminds me, with the NDAA in effect, I can't see how we can trust any of these upcoming candidates except for maybe Ron Paul, who as far as I know is the only candidate that seems to be remotely close to being a normal functioning human begin and not a scumbag.

LOL, go tell that to the left wingers still on the Obama fan club.

I don't know if Ron Paul will get any success this year. I'm seeing a couple of bullshit rumors coming out about Ron Paul being a nazi.
http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mcc...neo-nazis/

PS: Fuck you anonymous.

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
02-15-2012 03:03 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Fuck Mitt Romney
Ron Paul ftw

No, this is Patrick.
02-16-2012 09:22 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

So you guys did read the Op right? Mitt is associated, closely associated, with these fucking concentration camps for "troubled teens", and in all likelihood (definitely) gets funding from them. If he becomes president, there is NO way anything will be done about the camps. Which, yes, are still operational.

Blog I post to now:

02-17-2012 01:04 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

I'M NOT AFRAID TO ADMIT I'M A CHRISTIAN!

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
02-17-2012 04:39 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

I thought that was rick perry lol?

Blog I post to now:

02-18-2012 05:51 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

(02-18-2012 05:51 AM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  I thought that was rick perry lol?

They are pretty much all the same to me.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
02-18-2012 07:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mitt Romney Is Breathtakingly Vile: HeartofShadows 0 1,391 04-27-2012 02:58 AM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  Romney To Travel Back In Time To Kill Liberal Versions Of Himself fish20 4 2,408 04-23-2012 03:46 PM
Last Post: ireneB
  Gingritch, Santorum and Romney pledge to take away your pr0nz. gore goroth 27 12,824 02-27-2012 01:39 AM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  16 Reasons Why Mitt Romney Would Be A Really, Really Bad President HeartofShadows 8 3,923 11-01-2011 06:39 PM
Last Post: Efs