RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not going to my school's DC trip
Dead Offline
Goon

Given 288 thank(s) in 176 post(s)

Next month, the rest of my grade is leaving school for a week to go to DC. I can't go because I can't afford to go. So while they're gone, I still have to go to school. I have no idea what I'm going to be doing, or who I'm going to be with. I think that I'm the only person in my grade not going, and I'm not exaggerating. The only thing the teachers told me is: "you'll be doing work, and lots of it." Fucking perfect.

I'm sorry I'm just tired of everyone at my school constantly talking about it, I'm tired of all the signs everywhere, I'm tired of people talking shit about me because I can't go.
03-20-2013 08:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)

They're ripping on you because you can't afford it? That's harsh.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
03-20-2013 08:48 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

WTF are they going to do in DC? Didn't your school hear about the budget cuts that have gone into effect. The only fun stuff there is the fat white men bickering about whose party is cooler.(following is an exaggerated peek into the Congress building)

#1Democrat: SHUT UP YOU COMMIE BASTARD!(due to the red tie of the Republican)
#1Republican: WHO YOU CALLING COMMUNIST JACKASS?(due to the democrat party being represented by a donkey)
Obama: YES WE CAN!(Obama slogan)
#2Republican: YOU LIE NIGGA!(proceed to apologize a few minutes later about the outburst)
#2Democrat: YOU'RE ALL HILLBILLIES!(points to the Republicans)
All the while, the debt increases by a few million more...

Well, I doubt the teacher can actually even give you work. As far as I know, isn't there supposed to be at least 50% of the class to teach anything? I'd just waste time in class. If teacher actually gives you review work to do, stare at the paper and daydream. If teacher asks why you haven't answered, tell them you're thinking and the teacher is interrupting your thought process.

DC is not a fun place to go. Anytime someone bothers you about it, tell them "Nobody fucking goes to DC for fun." You ask a foreigner what city comes to mind when you ask America, and It'll probably be New York or Hollywood. France? Paris(capital), Germany?Berlin(capital), The UK?London(Capital),Italy?Rome(Capital),Turkey? Istanbul(was the capital for about 500 years or so. I still think that counts), Russia?Moscow(Fucking Capital),Spain?Madrid(Capital),Austria?Vienna(capital),Ireland?Dublin(Capital). Hell, I'm pretty sure they'll say Reykjavik for Iceland.

Do you see DC? No. Because nobody gives a shit about DC. DC is probably on the bottom of list because of all the bullshit from the politicians stinks the damn place up.

So DC sucks, nobody gives a crap about DC, your teacher is either bullshitting you or is crazy, daydream all day, doodle stuff, bring a book to read and just waste away your days while your friends realize they can't tour the white house and half the places in the city are closed because the government workers have been furloughed. Congratulations on spending money on absolutely nothing.

Go to New York. It's fun.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
03-20-2013 08:57 AM
Dead Offline
Goon

RE: Not going to my school's DC trip

(03-20-2013 08:57 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  WTF are they going to do in DC? Didn't your school hear about the budget cuts that have gone into effect. The only fun stuff there is the fat white men bickering about whose party is cooler.(following is an exaggerated peek into the Congress building)

#1Democrat: SHUT UP YOU COMMIE BASTARD!(due to the red tie of the Republican)
#1Republican: WHO YOU CALLING COMMUNIST JACKASS?(due to the democrat party being represented by a donkey)
Obama: YES WE CAN!(Obama slogan)
#2Republican: YOU LIE NIGGA!(proceed to apologize a few minutes later about the outburst)
#2Democrat: YOU'RE ALL HILLBILLIES!(points to the Republicans)
All the while, the debt increases by a few million more...

Well, I doubt the teacher can actually even give you work. As far as I know, isn't there supposed to be at least 50% of the class to teach anything? I'd just waste time in class. If teacher actually gives you review work to do, stare at the paper and daydream. If teacher asks why you haven't answered, tell them you're thinking and the teacher is interrupting your thought process.

DC is not a fun place to go. Anytime someone bothers you about it, tell them "Nobody fucking goes to DC for fun." You ask a foreigner what city comes to mind when you ask America, and It'll probably be New York or Hollywood. France? Paris(capital), Germany?Berlin(capital), The UK?London(Capital),Italy?Rome(Capital),Turkey? Istanbul(was the capital for about 500 years or so. I still think that counts), Russia?Moscow(Fucking Capital),Spain?Madrid(Capital),Austria?Vienna(capital),Ireland?Dublin(Capital). Hell, I'm pretty sure they'll say Reykjavik for Iceland.

Do you see DC? No. Because nobody gives a shit about DC. DC is probably on the bottom of list because of all the bullshit from the politicians stinks the damn place up.

So DC sucks, nobody gives a crap about DC, your teacher is either bullshitting you or is crazy, daydream all day, doodle stuff, bring a book to read and just waste away your days while your friends realize they can't tour the white house and half the places in the city are closed because the government workers have been furloughed. Congratulations on spending money on absolutely nothing.

Go to New York. It's fun.

Laugh Thank you, this helped me remember that the only reason I wanted to go was to hang out with my friends, which I can do any other time. Besides, everyone who went on the trip will be the "poor ones" afterwards, because all the money on Daddy's credit card will have gone to pay for the stupid trip. I'll be sure to ask everyone if they enjoyed wandering around mindlessly for $690. And as for the teacher thing, I doubt whoever is going to be there will care what the fuck I do.
03-20-2013 09:33 AM
BSDFreak Offline
Defiant

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

You'll be doing WORK

WORK WORK

Watch on YouTube

Lunatic
03-20-2013 09:37 AM
Marauder Offline
Renegade

Given 22 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Thats fucking rediculous that just because you cannot afford to go your forced to do work. The fact that people are ripping on you is even more fucked up. If I were you I just would not go. Thats just my opinion though.

"There is nothing on earth intended for innocent people so horrible as a school"
- George Bernard Shaw

Lux Wrote:
"School ruins families. Most of the verbal and physical punishments kids endure are because of grades. I would have a much better relationship with my parents if the school didn't harass us years ago."
03-20-2013 12:31 PM
Dead Offline
Goon

(03-20-2013 12:31 PM)Marauder Wrote:  Thats fucking rediculous that just because you cannot afford to go your forced to do work. The fact that people are ripping on you is even more fucked up. If I were you I just would not go. Thats just my opinion though.

My mom says if I don't go that they will hold me back because I've "already missed too much school" (which is bullshit, I've only missed 12 days this whole year and my school isn't even that strict with attendance).

As for everyone making fun of me they just keep calling me "poor-o" and throwing pennies at me...my friend went to guidance and told them, they called me in and said "while we don't have any tolerance for this type of behavior, you have to understand that they aren't used to all types of lifestyles, I don't think they were trying to make you feel bad they just felt uncomfortable."

I was just like Wtf and walked out.
03-20-2013 12:55 PM
Marauder Offline
Renegade

Okay, That counselor is fucking retarded. All of those kids are scumbags. Just because you cannot afford a stupid ass 200 something dollar trip to DC to shit around a museum and hotel for a weekend does not really even make you poor. I didn't go cause frankly it would be a huge financial burden to my parents and just made no sense to go. Really. Don't feel bad. They're all probably snotty rich kids that have everything handed to them by mummy and daddy.

"There is nothing on earth intended for innocent people so horrible as a school"
- George Bernard Shaw

Lux Wrote:
"School ruins families. Most of the verbal and physical punishments kids endure are because of grades. I would have a much better relationship with my parents if the school didn't harass us years ago."
03-20-2013 01:23 PM
Marauder Offline
Renegade

(03-20-2013 12:55 PM)Dead Wrote:  
(03-20-2013 12:31 PM)Marauder Wrote:  Thats fucking rediculous that just because you cannot afford to go your forced to do work. The fact that people are ripping on you is even more fucked up. If I were you I just would not go. Thats just my opinion though.

My mom says if I don't go that they will hold me back because I've "already missed too much school" (which is bullshit, I've only missed 12 days this whole year and my school isn't even that strict with attendance).

As for everyone making fun of me they just keep calling me "poor-o" and throwing pennies at me...my friend went to guidance and told them, they called me in and said "while we don't have any tolerance for this type of behavior, you have to understand that they aren't used to all types of lifestyles, I don't think they were trying to make you feel bad they just felt uncomfortable."

I was just like Wtf and walked out.

Oh and I had a friend with over 20 absences and still passed

- George Bernard Shaw

Lux Wrote:
03-20-2013 01:25 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(03-20-2013 12:55 PM)Dead Wrote:  while we don't have any tolerance for this type of behavior, you have to understand that they aren't used to all types of lifestyles, I don't think they were trying to make you feel bad they just felt uncomfortable.
dafuq

03-20-2013 02:27 PM
Marauder Offline
Renegade

(03-20-2013 02:27 PM)DoA Wrote:  
(03-20-2013 12:55 PM)Dead Wrote:  while we don't have any tolerance for this type of behavior, you have to understand that they aren't used to all types of lifestyles, I don't think they were trying to make you feel bad they just felt uncomfortable.
dafuq

Freaking really. Uncomfortable? No. They're just dicks.

- George Bernard Shaw

Lux Wrote:
03-20-2013 02:31 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

(03-20-2013 02:31 PM)Marauder Wrote:  
dafuq

"don't have any tolerance" my ass. I'll bet most (or at least some) of the bullies are in athletics and are too vital for the school to discipline.

03-20-2013 02:33 PM
Marauder Offline
Renegade

(03-20-2013 02:33 PM)DoA Wrote:  
dafuq

"don't have any tolerance" my ass. I'll bet most (or at least some) of the bullies are in athletics and are too vital for the school to discipline.

The only people the shitty teachers get along with are the swagfag/jocks that think they are badass because they befriended the teacher.

- George Bernard Shaw

Lux Wrote:
03-20-2013 02:37 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

dafuq

Sounds to me the counselor needs to grow some balls and stop being a sissy being dominated by a bunch of adolescent dicks.

Sometimes you need to unleash the rage:
[Image: arnold_schwarzenegger_screaming_kindergarten_cop.jpg]

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
03-20-2013 06:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  At a field trip Dead 2 1,402 05-31-2014 11:58 AM
Last Post: Dead
  This is the most lame field trip ever. Christian Hellhound 31 12,559 05-14-2014 05:59 AM
Last Post: HawkbitAlpha