RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Funny How My Parents Are Still Telling Me to Get a Job...
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

Given 233 thank(s) in 157 post(s)

Yet I have no fucking clue what my social security number is! I have asked my mother a couple days ago but she just tells me "later", or something along the lines. Then when I ask for something I want and fight about it, her and my dad talk about how I'm not looking for a part-time job. They even come back from places telling me they're willing to hire, but how can I even apply with one of the most essential pieces of information required on an application that my mom is too lazy to give me? Fuck that!

I'm very distraught about another thing, too. My mom has been going to this social services place that she has to do for a month (or less if she gets a job). If she doesn't go she will lose her benefits like the EBT. Well it's kinda like school. I mean, she has to wake up like at 4:30am and she has to take the city bus back and forth. It only runs every hour-on-the-hour, and sometimes it's even very late. She can come home as late as 6pm. She'll then lie down on the couch and sleep there until nighttime where she'll go to sleep again. She'll do this Monday through Friday. Can't believe she doesn't feel any pain like this like my sister has had going to high school.

I also love how my mom gives my sister options, talking about some kid who's the son of my aunt's maid who has honor roll in his classes and excels in math and is willing to tutor. My sister doesn't want that, and then explains the fact that she can't believe she's giving her options when my sister has tried ever since 6th grade to do online homeschooling. And yet... my mother judges it and is against it even though she's never TRIED it. And aren't parents supposed to boast about trying new things? Fuck this.

I'm here with my GED, sitting at home on my computer everyday, sleeping very little due to the fact that I don't make pretty much any energy just sitting down (I'm not fat because I'm like 110–115lbs), and I'm 16, thinking about how foolish my parents are thinking how easy it will be for me to get a job. It's taken my mom years to try and find a part-time job, so they need to be a bit realistic here and see that I'm not going to be hired just like that. It's all sickening. All of it is.

A couple of days ago, however, I was able to pressure my dad enough to give me a subscription to one of my video games. Yet my mother still refuses to give me back my Xbox cord, and she has the audacity to tell me to wash the dishes. Even just the spoons and forks... and the only good reason she has for me is: "I live here, too." I don't want to help that son of a bitch in any fashion. She, my dad, and all the other employees of school and allied public schoolers, forced me to get my GED. They forced me to go through the public school bullshit. It's one reason I loathe my parents, and wish to push them out of my lives once I can move out at 18.

With this immense amount of free time I have on my hands, I will create a YouTube video discussing how public school is nothing but a form of enslavement. It'll be the "KONY 2012" video of 2013. Like I have said previously—the time has come. We need to use this new year to our advantage.

Seven crappy hours of our lives.
02-12-2013 10:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

If your parents file their tax papers, you could get your SS number off of the paper(I presume, since I think people in the household are added to that?). I'd suggest that every time they tell you to get a job, you simply tell them to give you your SS number first. It is YOUR number in the first place, especially since its the de facto national ID of the USA.

My mother continually annoys me about getting a job. I just tell her if I get a job, it will interrupt my education. If my education is interrupted, I may not be able to get to a good college. If I can't get to a good college, I won't land a well-paying job, a job that would probably pay me more a week than what I'd earn if I worked now for a month. She then leaves me alone.

But I did work the last two summers. A month at an auto mechanic(learned some stuff but the pay was crap),construction(worked two days actually, but $300 for those two days was enough to make me happy. Unfortunately the new site they'd be working on was a little too far for them to continue transporting me) and as a cashier/every-thing-else at a local bookstore/cafe(Wasn't bad. Pretty comfy and not a great deal of customers since many more just ordered online and my hours were right before closing in the evening where there were less people outside in the first place. two hours a day for 6 days a week for about a month at minimum wage. I usually just read the books there or surfed the web on my phone. Doubt they'd ever hire me again though Biggrin)

I'm the type of person that will a job to the maximum efficiency, but I'm also somewhat picky about my jobs(though not in the normal sense. I'd choose sanitation worker over cashier on any day. I'd rather work in construction than answer phones at a desk. I'm a thinker/intellectual who likes to get his hands dirty, though not from the germs on that office phone)

But my parents and I have a pretty good relationship, mostly due to cultural reasons I guess. Not to mention I'm a firm believer in familial bonds(another cultural thing). Oh and I wash the dishes every single day, and I wash them like a pro, with no equal in my family(the dishes are so damn clean, we could get rid of our mirrors and still have something reflective to see ourselves in). I don't really mind doing housework, though my mother is something of a clean freak who expects the house to be as clean as a museum exhibit.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
02-13-2013 06:11 AM
Asder Miller The Second Offline
Anonymous Supporter

Given 17 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

hey im 14 and im applying for a job next month

School isnt as bad as you think
02-13-2013 07:48 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

What sort of job?

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
02-13-2013 07:52 AM
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

RE: Funny How My Parents Are Still Telling Me to Get a Job...

(02-13-2013 06:11 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  If your parents file their tax papers, you could get your SS number off of the paper(I presume, since I think people in the household are added to that?). I'd suggest that every time they tell you to get a job, you simply tell them to give you your SS number first. It is YOUR number in the first place, especially since its the de facto national ID of the USA.
Well I doubt they'd file those papers in front of me. Wouldn't even know where or when to begin. I do tell them a few times I hear them talking about it that to give it to me, but they just keep complaining.

02-13-2013 03:06 PM
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

Finally she just gave me my SSN. Thank the maker.

02-13-2013 03:21 PM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

Given 109 thank(s) in 93 post(s)

i've tried applying to a few jobs that i was told were pretty desperate to get people to work for them since a bunch of people just quit...yea, they only really care about people with experience that are 18...it'd be nice if you could get experience by just sitting at your house without having a job, but since that doesn't work you're forced to annoy the hell out of the person in charge of applications so that you can get a job at the crappy store you've been applying to for the past 3 years (that last part isn't true, but it conveys my point...and don't you dare point out the logic flaws or i'll take your cookies and internetz away)

The less you try to control things, the less you need to.

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

"Bodies fucking fuck."~Night.Artist

[Image: 41433.png][Image: 14362714_1336391025.png]

Hidden stuff:
[Image: asschart.jpg]
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

Thanks for the diploma… can I have my childhood back?

I’d love to have a battle of wits with you… but I hate to fight the unarmed.
02-13-2013 11:31 PM
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

(02-13-2013 11:31 PM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  i've tried applying to a few jobs that i was told were pretty desperate to get people to work for them since a bunch of people just quit...yea, they only really care about people with experience that are 18...it'd be nice if you could get experience by just sitting at your house without having a job, but since that doesn't work you're forced to annoy the hell out of the person in charge of applications so that you can get a job at the crappy store you've been applying to for the past 3 years (that last part isn't true, but it conveys my point...and don't you dare point out the logic flaws or i'll take your cookies and internetz away)
The last few jobs I looked at were looking for at least 3 months experience (or more). It's kinda depressing to look at. And I did find a job that was perfect for me, it was just too far away. :(

02-14-2013 08:41 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

(02-14-2013 08:41 AM)Thel Vadam Wrote:  
(02-13-2013 11:31 PM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  i've tried applying to a few jobs that i was told were pretty desperate to get people to work for them since a bunch of people just quit...yea, they only really care about people with experience that are 18...it'd be nice if you could get experience by just sitting at your house without having a job, but since that doesn't work you're forced to annoy the hell out of the person in charge of applications so that you can get a job at the crappy store you've been applying to for the past 3 years (that last part isn't true, but it conveys my point...and don't you dare point out the logic flaws or i'll take your cookies and internetz away)
The last few jobs I looked at were looking for at least 3 months experience (or more). It's kinda depressing to look at. And I did find a job that was perfect for me, it was just too far away. :(

welcome to life in the 21st century, where your best bet at a steady income is to become one of two people:

1) A hobo that is really nice to people
2) A pickpocket

Boredom is the #1 enemy of learning. Therefore, school is the #1 enemy of learning.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

"free speech under the constitution only guarantees the government won't stop him saying it and does not guarantee his right to say things and have no consequences at all as a result. also i completely doubt that he is motivated solely by "i'm saying it because i can" and is probably motivated by a more shitheady motive like "i think it's funny to annoy people and Rustle Le Jimmies™ and is just hiding behind the first amendment to try to deflect any consequences or make you realize that being allowed to annoy people is a superior moral right. you can still disdain someone for doing things for dumbarse wankery purposes and you have evne more right to ban and insult them for it" ~Trar's friend about Potato.

02-14-2013 11:57 PM
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

(02-14-2013 11:57 PM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  
(02-14-2013 08:41 AM)Thel Vadam Wrote:  

welcome to life in the 21st century, where your best bet at a steady income is to become one of two people:

1) A hobo that is really nice to people
2) A pickpocket
But... but... I wanted to be a lawyer. Own a law firm, perhaps. :(

02-15-2013 04:59 AM
no Offline
True Scotsman

Given 474 thank(s) in 299 post(s)

Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA.

You want to be a lawyer. As in, a person who helps to carry out the law.

Yet you despise a large portion of laws and were it not for a few of them you would be much happier. (Being pissed at the system etc.)

What?

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

People are allowed to change their views.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
02-15-2013 06:40 AM
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

(02-15-2013 06:40 AM)planetfall666 Wrote:  Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA.

You want to be a lawyer. As in, a person who helps to carry out the law.

Yet you despise a large portion of laws and were it not for a few of them you would be much happier. (Being pissed at the system etc.)

What?
Well, I want to be a lawyer to help others. Maybe even be a politician, you know. Try and change those laws before becoming a lawyer. I don't know, but I would like to get rid of this education system and reform it for good.

02-15-2013 07:51 AM
Heil_Kaiba8921 Offline
It's also a gun.

...Do not become a politician, because there is very little you will actually be able to do until ATLEAST your 4th year of whatever office you take...just become a hobo, they aren't as bad sa people try to make them out to be.

Hidden stuff:
Hidden stuff:

02-15-2013 11:10 PM
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

(02-15-2013 11:10 PM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  ...Do not become a politician, because there is very little you will actually be able to do until ATLEAST your 4th year of whatever office you take...just become a hobo, they aren't as bad sa people try to make them out to be.
But... but... I wanted to fight back the public education slavery. :(

02-16-2013 12:18 AM
Trekkie_Aspie Offline
Fanatic

Given 120 thank(s) in 87 post(s)

Dude, it's called advertising.

If I seem rude to you, please call me on it gently.
One thing (among many others) school couldn't teach you.

((Google Asperger's Syndrome))

stupid article
02-16-2013 03:40 AM
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

(02-16-2013 03:40 AM)Trekkie_Aspie Wrote:  Dude, it's called advertising.
Which can cost money. Look, I'm being serious here. I want to make something of myself. I'm out of school. Even though I was forced to get my GED, I wanna prove everyone wrong and get a job before I ever go to college. I wanna be several things—not just one thing. Smile

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2013 10:29 AM by GamerGurl.)
02-16-2013 10:26 AM
Trekkie_Aspie Offline
Fanatic

Well, the fight needn't cost much. I mean seriously, how much does it cost to send an angry letter to people who claim that school is compulsory?

stupid article
02-17-2013 12:59 AM
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

(02-17-2013 12:59 AM)Trekkie_Aspie Wrote:  Well, the fight needn't cost much. I mean seriously, how much does it cost to send an angry letter to people who claim that school is compulsory?
I want to be someone throughout the fight. Smile

02-17-2013 01:42 AM
Trekkie_Aspie Offline
Fanatic

I'm afraid you'll have to figure that one out on your own. Speaking out is a start though.

stupid article
02-17-2013 02:46 AM
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

(02-17-2013 02:46 AM)Trekkie_Aspie Wrote:  I'm afraid you'll have to figure that one out on your own. Speaking out is a start though.
That's why I plan on making a video that can hopefully be as popular as "KONY 2012". I'm hoping for this to be recognized and to be carried out. Maybe then, the government officials will listen to us.

02-18-2013 01:29 PM
xcriteria Offline
Fanatic

Given 930 thank(s) in 612 post(s)

I like the idea of a KONY style video. One question with that is what the action message would be, what to do to get people to follow up. One first step is to look at what's already being done.

1. Check out Nikhil Goyal's videos and book, if you haven't seen them. He's been giving a lot of talks about how to change education:

Stop Waiting for the World to Change - Nikhil Goyal at TEDxRedmond
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JVlwb9cqYU

http://nikhilgoyal.me/book/

2. Michael Wesch is an anthropologist and professor who studies Youtube and has made several education-related videos and talks.

His video A Vision of Students Today received millions of views, highlighting some of what's wrong with how college works:

A Vision of Students Today [4m]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGCJ46vyR9o

This talk is almost an hour, but I highly suggest watching to get a sense of the history and anthropology of youtube and the Internet:
An anthropological introduction to YouTube [55m]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPAO-lZ4_hU

3. If you haven't seen Ken Robinson's videos, check them out. They've been seen by millions of people and he's an example of an established expert who questions traditional education:

RSA Animate - Changing Education Paradigms [11m]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZFcDGpL4U

Sir Ken Robinson: Bring on the learning revolution! [20m]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9LelXa3U_I

and his first TED talk:
Sir Ken Robinson: Do schools kill creativity? [20m]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG9CE55wbtY

Those are all some things to start with or think about if you've already seen them.

Many government officials are listening, but changing how things work requires educating parents and getting existing teachers and schools to think about different ways they could do things. It's a big puzzle that a lot of people are pushing to change. I'm working on pulling some of these resources and examples together into some kind of guide or class/game/series but if more people become familiar with those talks it could help bring about a discussion.

What do you think?

Peter Gray & allies launching the Alliance for Self-directed Education

ASDE Newsletters: #1 Announcement | #2 History of ASDE | #6 Education Liberation

School Survival & Catalyst Learning Network featured on AlternativestoSchool's blog
“Mom, Dad, can I stop going to school?”

Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking when the Stakes are High

Hidden stuff:
02-20-2013 12:17 AM
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

(02-20-2013 12:17 AM)xcriteria Wrote:  I like the idea of a KONY style video. One question with that is what the action message would be, what to do to get people to follow up. One first step is to look at what's already being done.

Many government officials are listening, but changing how things work requires educating parents and getting existing teachers and schools to think about different ways they could do things. It's a big puzzle that a lot of people are pushing to change. I'm working on pulling some of these resources and examples together into some kind of guide or class/game/series but if more people become familiar with those talks it could help bring about a discussion.

What do you think?
That's the main issue with creating the video. This anti-school KONY styled video has to have an action message that can please a majority of the anti-school community, and at the same time, try to convince some of those with the pro-school-to-moderate views to come to our side.

The amount of information you have posted for me will be included in the video, to show pro-schoolers that it's more than just "waking up early for school" or "having homework assigned everyday". It'll show them how serious we are and if the video becomes viral, just imagine how many anti-schoolers can use this forum's resources to their advantage. Once the anti-schooling community becomes prominent, the local, city, and eventually federal government will have no choice but to discuss the issue with the education system and to hopefully try removing the compulsory attendance laws.

The information this website provides is crucial to the anti-school effort. Activity may also exponentially increase from the video I'm planning to post.

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 10:55 AM by GamerGurl.)
02-20-2013 10:49 AM
TheRevolutionWillNotBeTelevised Offline
Weird Psychonaut Revolutionary Dreamer

Given 14 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Unfortunately, we live in a society completely dependent and fueled by money and in many ways the only way to get it is to "work" for payment in some ways. Personally I do not believe it should be that way, but making money really doesn't have to be deemed "work" or "a job" if it is less formal than such. Regardless, I will say this: Don't let the Americanized ideals of a structured or stable life infringe on your passions in life or your dreams. Defying your parents sounds about right if they are on your ass about conforming to the linear idea of what way someone's life "has" to function. They sound like they would be proud of you if you got a job as a cashier at Target or something (which, yes, is a form of enslavement very much like school) and are blind to the fact that the US government is hand in hand with the corporation, both of which are in many ways building an empire void of the values that were held in the US constitution, which is what this country was built on. If you're into video games, then I say find peace being a video game tester, graphic designer, or whatever you want that is down your alley and find no shame in that occupation because that's you maintaining a stable life doing what you love. Every single free person deserves that.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 01:35 PM by TheRevolutionWillNotBeTelevised.)
02-20-2013 11:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: GamerGurl , SoulRiser , Superkamiguru2
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

(02-20-2013 11:05 AM)TheRevolutionWillNotBeTelevised Wrote:  Unfortunately, we live in a society completely dependent and fueled by money and in many ways the only way to get it is to "work" for payment in some ways. Personally I do not believe it should be that way, but making money really doesn't have to be deemed "work" or "a job" if it is less formal than such. Regardless, I will say this: Don't let the Americanized ideals of a structured or stable life infringe on your passions in life or your dreams. Defying your parents sounds about right if they are on your ass about conforming to the linear idea of what way someone's life "has" to function. They sound like they would be proud of you if you got a job as a cashier at Target or something (which, yes, is a form of enslavement very much like school) and are blind to the fact that the US government is hand in hand with the corporation, both of which are in many ways building an empire void of the values that were held in the US constitution, which is what this country was built on. If you're into video games, then I say find peace being a video game tester, graphic designer, or whatever you want that is down your alley and find no shame in that occupation because all that is you maintaining a stable life doing what you love. Every single free person deserves that.
They've been on my ass about conforming to the linear ideas for a long time now. They even were threatening me to take me to court just to save their own asses because I refused to go back to public school! To this day, I hold a significant amount of hatred for them. What they've done to me (and what they've been doing to my sister) is just unforgivable.

02-20-2013 01:31 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

What could the court do? Force you to go to school? Well, if so, I guess the judge doesn't believe in liberty or freedom.

Deep down, society is incapable of achieving liberty and freedom when the leaders prefer ignoring it due to it being a somewhat touchy subject. When that happens, you either need the people to rise up and fix this problem or need a single powerful leader to shift societal views(French Revolution & Napoleon for example, he may have been an autocrat but he certainly spread the ideals of the revolution while stabilizing the nations).

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
02-20-2013 01:36 PM
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

(02-20-2013 01:36 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  What could the court do? Force you to go to school? Well, if so, I guess the judge doesn't believe in liberty or freedom.

Deep down, society is incapable of achieving liberty and freedom when the leaders prefer ignoring it due to it being a somewhat touchy subject. When that happens, you either need the people to rise up and fix this problem or need a single powerful leader to shift societal views(French Revolution & Napoleon for example, he may have been an autocrat but he certainly spread the ideals of the revolution while stabilizing the nations).
The court could do many things:
  • Fine my parents for not sending me to school.
  • I've heard juvie being an option, but I heard from a cop that this option wouldn't be likely.
That's really all I know, but I guess they would also get a truant cop to see if you've been going to school and make you follow procedures to force you to get an educa— I mean they would force me to go to school. It's completely retarded and that's just a form of slavery.

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 01:55 PM by GamerGurl.)
02-20-2013 01:49 PM
Trekkie_Aspie Offline
Fanatic

No, they're forcing you to go to school. Not the same thing as being forced to have an education - life can handle that one all on its own.

stupid article
02-20-2013 01:51 PM
 Thanks given by: GamerGurl
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

(02-20-2013 01:51 PM)Trekkie_Aspie Wrote:  No, they're forcing you to go to school. Not the same thing as being forced to have an education - life can handle that one all on its own.
Yeah, you're right. Heheheh. I'm kinda tired right now so I may use the wrong words for what I really mean. Razz

02-20-2013 01:54 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Let them fine your parents. It'll let your parents know of this injustice better, especially if it stings their wallets/bank accounts.

And sending to juvie sounds like the most stupidest idea I've heard in my life. Sending someone to a "prison" for not learning the way the the government wants you to learn, thus destroying your future life, is like shooting yourself in the foot.

Again humanity proves its logical failures and lack of true intelligence.

Oh and a truant cop is a pretty dumb idea as well and a waste of manpower and resources.

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
02-20-2013 01:58 PM
 Thanks given by: GamerGurl
GamerGurl Away
"Queen of Cosplay"

(02-20-2013 01:58 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Let them fine your parents. It'll let your parents know of this injustice better, especially if it stings their wallets/bank accounts.

And sending to juvie sounds like the most stupidest idea I've heard in my life. Sending someone to a "prison" for not learning the way the the government wants you to learn, thus destroying your future life, is like shooting yourself in the foot.

Again humanity proves its logical failures and lack of true intelligence.

Oh and a truant cop is a pretty dumb idea as well and a waste of manpower and resources.
Possibly wouldn't have been here now if I didn't take the GED offer. I felt like a fucking victim on Law & Order: SVU who was still considered a criminal under law who had to take a plea deal by a fucking ADA. I can't do much now but just talk nasty to them and stay here at home eating all of the food when I'm hungry and play video games while googling for jobs.

02-20-2013 02:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Wink My reaction to school telling me no Geicosuave 2 2,075 01-31-2017 12:03 AM
Last Post: Sadly_Not
  School authoritarians telling us we can't listen to music ..V.. 2 2,188 09-16-2013 11:20 PM
Last Post: ..V..
  my teacher is telling me what not to read neversurrender 42 8,547 09-24-2009 11:01 AM
Last Post: Loxor