RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucid Dreaming Tips
neversurrender Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Lucid Dreaming Tips

I have started to try to lucid dream after accidentally inducing lucidity and thinking I could do anything in my dream. I couldn't. I just sat there waiting for something cool to happen lol and I wanted to do it successfully ever since. I've started by doing reality checks simply by writing "wake up" on the back of my hand and periodically checking it. I have actually succeeded in performing a reality check in my dream, when I found out I could move objects with my mind I knew that I wasn't in reality but couldn't make the connection that I was dreaming. I'd love to fly in my dreams. How about you guys talk about some of the cool things you've done in your lucid dreams here, along with offer tips for me and other people interested in this wonderful art.
10-13-2010 01:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)
Re: Lucid Dreaming Tips

I don't like lucid dreaming because sleep paralysis hits me hard. I've almost died about 30 times in my sleep.

Thats why I don't sleep. I may shut my eyes, but my body is active by rocking back and forth becuase I don't want to risk dying over knowing my subconscious thoughts.

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
10-14-2010 10:42 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

I can never manage to lucid dream.
Sociopath Wrote:I don't sleep.
That's pretty much physically impossible.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
10-14-2010 07:38 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

I've been trying to do this. Been keeping a dream log, doing reality checks etc... Haven't gotten one yet though.
10-15-2010 12:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

The Desert Fox Wrote:I can never manage to lucid dream.
No, it is possible. Think to yourself; sleep is just closing your eyes and staying still for a period of time.

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
10-15-2010 01:38 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

Sociopath Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:I can never manage to lucid dream.
No, it is possible. Think to yourself; sleep is just closing your eyes and staying still for a period of time.
Not really no.
Wikipedia Wrote:Sleep is a naturally recurring state characterized by reduced or lacking consciousness, relatively suspended sensory and non-motor activity - inactivity of nearly all voluntary muscles.[1] It is distinguished from quiet wakefulness by a decreased ability to react to stimuli, but it is more easily reversible than hibernation or coma. Sleep is a heightened anabolic state, accentuating the growth and rejuvenation of the immune, nervous, skeletal and muscular systems.
Basically, a state of limited consciousness that your body physically and mentally needs on a regular basis to keep on functioning normally.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
10-15-2010 04:21 PM
Thade Offline
Fanatic

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

The Desert Fox Wrote:
...Well, not for L..(Death Not reference XD. Had to be said)
But anyway, I wish I could have Lucid Dreams x.x

Someone dear to me once said "We are the light." But, if that's true, then why am I still searching?
10-15-2010 10:40 PM
Raikuron Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Death Not? That a sequel/prequel to Death Note? It sounds fucking awesome.
10-16-2010 03:49 AM
neversurrender Offline
Rebel

Odd thing happened last night, I was in a dream and thought without a doubt that I couldn't be in a dream, without doing a reality check. Just goes to show that you never know I guess. Still going at it, thanks for the replies! Sociopath, that routine must get rather annoying after a while...
10-16-2010 04:50 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

neversurrender Wrote:Odd thing happened last night, I was in a dream and thought without a doubt that I couldn't be in a dream, without doing a reality check. Just goes to show that you never know I guess. Still going at it, thanks for the replies! Sociopath, that routine must get rather annoying after a while...
Maybe you don't understand: If I stop rocking, I WILL DIE!

I've been rocking nonstop for near my entire life, my body is kept active by constant stimuli ("Stimming" is called for Autistics such as myself.) Its possible to survive without sleep, you just need energy; where does energy come from? Food. but, no, I'm not fat and I hardly eat at all...

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
10-16-2010 08:39 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

A Lucid dream would be nice. Sadly, whenever I reach semi-lucidity, I think "Shit, I'm dreaming. Okay. Whatever wants to pop out at me and go boo might as well do it." Then, even though nothing happens, I freak out, and beg myself to wake up before anything happens. I'm a wimp...

Oh well.

And I've never actually flown for long periods of time in my dreams, I've always fallen.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
10-16-2010 04:43 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

Sociopath Wrote:Its possible to survive without sleep, you just need energy; where does energy come from? Food.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_debt

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
10-16-2010 11:19 PM
neversurrender Offline
Rebel

CrayolaColours Wrote:A Lucid dream would be nice. Sadly, whenever I reach semi-lucidity, I think "Shit, I'm dreaming. Okay. Whatever wants to pop out at me and go boo might as well do it." Then, even though nothing happens, I freak out, and beg myself to wake up before anything happens. I'm a wimp...

Oh well.

And I've never actually flown for long periods of time in my dreams, I've always fallen.

Oh, that sucks. I know that feeling. I honestly have no idea how to conjure what I want even if I do reach lucidity. I guess it's different for some people, since I've heard just thinking about something makes it manifest. I've flown in my dreams without lucidity, but I've always had to flap my arms lol. Maybe successful lucid dreaming will change that.
10-17-2010 02:58 AM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

I had a lucid dream last night...those reality checks really work when they actually happen. 'Oh look...wait when did my staircase split off into two at the en--I must be dream--*Stairs randomly get higher and turn green*--ing...THE FUCK?'

*SPARKLING* *DOUCHEBUCKETS.*
10-17-2010 03:19 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Sounds like my dreams.

I notice, I remember my lucid dreams my entire life. I remember quite a few from childhood... Quite a few I would rather not. My childhood lucid dreams were the WORST. I was a FUCKED UP kid. Blood and butcher knives everywhere. No fucking wonder why I never wanted to sleep.

My most recent one was of me killing zombies in an amusement park, Twas epic. And then another where I was in their WEIRD ass building. I can't even explain it, dream me must've taken a SHITLOAD of LSD or something.

Honestly, I say they're lucid, but they're only semi lucid, to the point where I know I'm dreaming, but I'm just kinda watching it. Making a few decisions, but nothing big. My last REAL, COMPLETE, Lucid dream was when I was 8, and this one wasn't a bad one, not completely. Because this is unimportant and I feel like I've explained this before...
Hidden stuff:
I was running through a dead forest, and then I saw three witches over a cauldron. They were going to put Simba (The lion) into it. I was like "AWW HELL NAW" So, I go over there raging, then they catch me (lol, I'm an idiot even in my lucid dreams) And then I popped up in this weird pure white room, with random red pillars in different shapes scattered. There, I saw some stereotypical punk teenagers, I was all "SUP?" (or something lol) And then I woke up.
THE END

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
10-17-2010 04:42 PM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

I believe both of us may be making our own natural LSD in our blood.

10-17-2010 04:54 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

That would be the best thing ever.

Faith o' Meter
10-17-2010 04:57 PM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

It IS the best thing ever!

10-18-2010 12:01 PM
itsurgrlcass Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

has anyone every had like a de ja vu in a dream? like youve been in that dream before and you know what to do and whats gonna happen? hahaha
or like a dream then you see something in real life and it totally triggers you to remember the dream?! or you remember remembering a dream?! hahahaha Laugh

It's just chemicals.
10-18-2010 02:41 PM
username01462781 Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

itsurgrlcass Wrote:has anyone every had like a de ja vu in a dream? like youve been in that dream before and you know what to do and whats gonna happen? hahaha
or like a dream then you see something in real life and it totally triggers you to remember the dream?! or you remember remembering a dream?! hahahaha Laugh
Oh yes.

When I have it, I feel like shit though. Problem with that is that I will probably have it again, so I'll feel like shit again.
10-18-2010 04:27 PM
Thade Offline
Fanatic

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

itsurgrlcass Wrote:has anyone every had like a de ja vu in a dream? like youve been in that dream before and you know what to do and whats gonna happen? hahaha
I have dreams where later on in the day, the same thing happens and then I remember my dream and I'm like "HOLY SHIT FUCK!!~~"
Laugh

Someone dear to me once said "We are the light." But, if that's true, then why am I still searching?
10-18-2010 10:22 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

The Desert Fox Wrote:
Sociopath Wrote:Its possible to survive without sleep, you just need energy; where does energy come from? Food.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_debt
Well, I suppose I'm half-sleeping or whatever. I never actually looked into it, but the fact remains that I always am concious when I 'sleep' and even if there are health defecits, (which I highly doubt I'm suffering from) I'm nowhere near anything life-threatening.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
10-19-2010 07:41 AM
jnkbortka Offline
Crazy Redneck

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
RE: Lucid Dreaming Tips

(10-13-2010 01:04 PM)neversurrender Wrote:  How about you guys talk about some of the cool things you've done in your lucid dreams

Sex

Sex

More sex
11-02-2011 10:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

For the lucid dreaming newfafs http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6780020/...9_-_by_Efs

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
11-02-2011 08:00 PM
john2567 Offline
Defiant

although i cant say my lucid dreams are good. i have semi control in them. most of my semi-lucid dreams happen as me in a zombie Apocalypse world and the only thing i really control are my actions. although at anytime i want im able to wake my self up. i usually see how long i last and when i get close to dying or getting infected, i forced my self awake no problem. my fully lucid dreams occur about once a month atleast. reality checks come in handy people. every night before i go to bed, i put a green rubber band on my left hand, and a red one on my right. in real life, if i were to shoot the green rubber band it would snap, whereas the red one doesnt go very far. so in my dreams i look at my wrists for the rubber bands. if theyre in the same position, i usually take them off and shoot them. another way to do a reality check is to pay attention. look at where your at and back track. how did you get here and what do you remember. at anyrate, in my full lucid dreams im able to moved stuff with a movement of my finger and do just about anything but im limited to time. sadly since i know im sleeping. i get close to the verge of waking up. but i manage to have alot of fun during this time Wink
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2012 01:10 PM by john2567.)
04-16-2012 01:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hansgrohe's Guide to Lucid Dreaming James Comey 10 4,007 05-08-2017 07:18 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  My Log of Dreaming RadiantRaincurl 0 2,107 02-14-2015 08:59 AM
Last Post: RadiantRaincurl
  Weird semi-lucid dream Rule_BreakerXVIII 1 2,642 09-13-2014 04:18 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Need more help with lucid dreaming please rockstarjim22 9 5,560 09-13-2014 02:05 AM
Last Post: Missile
  Lucid Flying is Fantastic Elfy 8 4,128 04-18-2014 11:11 AM
  First lucid dream Username 2 2,906 04-18-2014 04:31 AM
Last Post: Elfy
  Help with lucid dreaming rockstarjim22 5 2,472 03-11-2014 06:22 AM
Last Post: Subb
  Had some weird lucid dreams last night James Comey 0 2,245 09-26-2013 01:16 PM
  Lucid Dream experiment NowhereWoman 14 4,293 07-12-2010 07:37 AM
Last Post: MorikoMisa
  dreaming dreaming. Blood Demon 6 2,325 06-01-2010 07:59 AM
Last Post: Blood Demon