RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Math Teacher
noodlehead Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Stupid Math Teacher

Hi, I'm new here if you didn't notice.
But anyways, like everyone else here I pretty much hate school and think it sucks and all that shit.
Anyways, I haven't been doing too great in that math, and at one point was close to failing. Its not like I don't try or anything but the class is SUPER hard(its Algebra 2 & Trig). In fact, I heard from a friend in a higher level math class(Precalculus) that the problems from a probability test in my class(that everyone failed) were taken straight out of the Precalculus textbook. That test was the hardest shit ever.
Not only that but the day before the test she says "I know that the quiz for this chapter was pretty easy, but don't worry, I'll make the test really hard to get all my points back."
So basically she was setting us up to fail. AND not only that but when we get our insanely hard test back, she says, "I dont know why you guys got such bad grades, the test was pretty easy."
So, you can tell that my teacher is pretty insane.

So, one day in her class I was minding my own business and doing my work, then soon class ends. She calls me up to her desk, and I was pretty confused, since I didn't remember doing anything bad. She then starts yelling at me randomly about why the hell do I not care about this class, and try harder and all that shit. Then she brings my parents into it and start screaming, "If your parents have to contact me to ask me why you aren't doing well in this class, then blah blah blah(I'm not even sure what she said after that)"
This whole time, I'm just standing there like, WTF is going on, what the hell did I ever do? I felt like she was discriminating against me because I didn't have a very good grade in that class. I'm not not even that bad a kid in that class. I sit down like a good little girl and try to turn all my work in like most other people.
Like this one time I asked to go to the bathroom because I REALLY had to go, and she glares at me for like 20 seconds then tells me, "HURRY UP." I don't even ask to go everyday.
Then, this other kid that asks to go to the bathroom like twice a day asks to go, and the answer is yes right away. And she gives him a smile too. Blech.
Then another time, I had to leave the period early because I had a soccer game to get to(I really don't have a choice whether I want to leave or not, and its a one-time thing). So I tell her the day before that I'm going to have to leave early the next day. Again, she glares at me for about 20 seconds then says, "Well its your choice, you already have a bad grade." That by itself wasn't too bad, but then another person on the same team as me tells my teacher the same thing, and her answer is, "No problem, good luck! *smiles*".
I swear, this teacher just hates me for some unknown reason. Sometimes I just want to punch her in her ugly little asian face. SO MAD.
Ok, I'm done now.
WHEW! That felt good to get out of my systemBiggrin
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2012 06:03 AM by noodlehead.)
04-23-2012 06:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Electronagon Offline
Cybernet Model 101

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)
RE: Stupid Math Teacher

Welcome

About 90% of teachers are like that. Discriminating, controlling, all that shit. I just ignore 'em cause they ain't worth my time.

Hidden stuff:

[Image: thumbnail.aspx?q=4560839182713275&am...e4e0c18eeb]
Find the I.

[Image: shooting-two-guns.gif][Image: tommy-submachine-gun.gif]

Fight the power! Pirate
04-23-2012 07:55 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Do you mind posting the shit tasks from the test? Just some. I want to know something.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
04-23-2012 08:00 AM
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Your math teacher is a bitch. Next time she does these stuff, tell her to stop discriminating you because of DUH BHAD GRADHES, or, hopefully just to get a suspension, to tell her to stop being a bitch.
04-23-2012 08:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
noodlehead Offline
Rebel

(04-23-2012 08:00 AM)aCol Wrote:  Do you mind posting the shit tasks from the test? Just some. I want to know something.

I dont actually have the test with me anymore, but I remember one of them asked to find the probability of getting a full house in a deck of cards. If I'm able to get the paper, I'll post more. This actually wasn't the hardest question.
Keep in mind that I'm 15 years old and taking a math class which is one year ahead than normal according to state standards. Also I'm not too great at math.
Also, I didn't exactly choose to take a math class one year ahead. Its just that in the 7th grade, for whatever reason, I was offered some kind of advanced math thing(like a lot of other people in my school district), and not knowing what the heck it meant, I accepted. I would definitely go back in time and say no if I could, but I'm stuck with it now unless I want to take the same shitty math class 2 years in a row. Which I really dont want to do because I hate math with a passion.
Just FYIBiggrin
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2012 09:19 AM by noodlehead.)
04-23-2012 09:17 AM
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

[Image: tiger-mom.jpg]
04-23-2012 09:37 AM
noodlehead Offline
Rebel

(04-23-2012 09:37 AM)Fish Wrote:  [Image: tiger-mom.jpg]

LOLBiggrin
04-23-2012 11:50 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

(04-23-2012 06:01 AM)noodlehead Wrote:  Not only that but the day before the test she says "I know that the quiz for this chapter was pretty easy, but don't worry, I'll make the test really hard to get all my points back."

Dislike. D:<

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
04-23-2012 02:41 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

I tried delete post, it no let me.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2012 02:43 PM by Prince Rilian.)
04-23-2012 02:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Year 10 boys want to get my math teacher fired for nothing. How can I save her? Marlena403 3 2,911 05-03-2017 11:32 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  My math teacher was really honest today.... James Comey 9 7,856 01-15-2017 01:42 AM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
  Math is Fucking Stupid! SchoolRebel 13 28,326 01-11-2017 02:44 PM
Last Post: the Analogist
  A threat my math teacher made at the class today Christian Hellhound 5 4,815 02-13-2014 04:53 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  Stupid statement from my history teacher James Comey 3 3,417 11-29-2013 03:03 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  My Stupid English Teacher CinnamonSynonym 12 11,276 10-20-2012 05:55 AM
Last Post: CinnamonSynonym
  My math teacher skinhead69 11 7,199 10-19-2012 11:47 AM
Last Post: IamNoone
  Teacher Finally Admits Math isn't necessary SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT 58 22,829 10-18-2012 06:29 AM
Last Post: SomeRandomHuman
  Holy shit, Math substitute teacher bulgarianlion 16 9,010 03-21-2012 10:28 AM
Last Post: Campion
  Random stupid teacher thing Prince Rilian 3 4,401 12-23-2011 01:08 AM
Last Post: aCol