RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emo hater in my school... any advice?
Sneaxx Offline
Smart Bitch

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Question Emo hater in my school... any advice?

First off, I'm not neccessarily emo. My friend is. I'm just bitching about something that happened because it rly pisses me off...
Basically me and my 3 friends hang out alot. 1 is emo and 1 has another friend who hates emos.

Yesterday at break she came up to my friends (I wasn't there) and then they started talking. She said to my emo friend that bein emo is bad, because apparently "Emos are scary and ur making my friend [not mentioning name] emo so i hate u". I only heard this from my other friend at lunchtime, who I didn't mention in the first paragraph.

Then after school her and her band of pathetic, 1-Direction obsessed wierdos came up to us and started talking to my friends (I don't talk to that bitch). Then she came up to me and asked "are u emo". I said no, because I aint takin shit from no bitch. Then she turned to my friends again and they talked again, and she said "yeh and the music they listen to is dangerous". Biggest load of shit I heard in my life.

Why do I want advice? Well I wanna sort her out. That bitch has no right to pick on my friend just because she's emo, and then continu e to be friends with her friend. It's prejudice and the most shitty stereotype I've heard. Just give me some hints on how I can make her go away without violence or telling on a teacher. What Im basically asking for is hints to make me more assertive.

NOTE: Dont comment that ur not interested in my life so why am I posting it. Its ur own fault for reading this. And plus I need to tell someone about this who isn't a teacher. I posted the whole story because I need to let it out. Ranting

Hey there!
I am an unloved bitch.

[Image: 532824bvjtnjq4le.png][Image: 731673c0ayt6pn01.gif]
04-21-2012 05:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vivi Offline
Living Dead Girl

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
RE: Emo hater in my school... any advice?

Ignore her or tell her that if she's going to pick on your friends you'd rather have her go away. If she continues to bother you, act odd. Pretend to be penguins, squawk and PRETEND to shit on desks/the floor/anything really, or slowly sing Ring Around the Rosies with a creepy smile the whole time.

[Image: ACaniFINAL.gif]
04-21-2012 06:09 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Tell her people have different opinions and different likes and dislikes. Ask her what exactly is bad about "emo" music.

Personally, I dislike the emo culture however I just don't really associate with people involved in it.

It takes a big dick to go and seek out people to insult, sounds like she is incredibly insecure.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
04-21-2012 06:12 AM
Dirtbikemike Offline
Balls denser than a White Dwarf

Given 78 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

I'm with Vivi. Freak the shit out of them to scare them away.

Balls of Steel:
Hidden stuff:
(01-13-2012 10:37 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Mike you deserve an SS medal. Here, be proud:
[Image: BallsofSteel2.png]
Congrats for doing something I never had the balls to do.
If you have kids, save them from the bullshit you are forced to go through.
(01-25-2012 05:36 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Balls of steel re-awarded. 
(02-07-2012 03:22 PM)flann Wrote:  Balls of Tungsten, now.

I found a picture for tungsten balls
http://bit.ly/xqd1zk

(02-14-2012 03:17 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Your balls are denser than white dwarf star matter.
(03-13-2012 08:27 PM)M3116 Wrote:  Balls of steel re-re-reawarded Nutter

(05-14-2013 03:01 PM)Prince Darkstar Wrote:  Dirtbikemike is the only guy I know of on here who won an argument with a teacher.
04-21-2012 06:13 AM
Sneaxx Offline
Smart Bitch

It's not really them. Its her thats the emo hater. I already hate her, but when she goes to insult my friends that's when shit gets serious. And thanks for the tips :3

Hey there!
I am an unloved bitch.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2012 06:22 AM by Sneaxx.)
04-21-2012 06:19 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

What the hell does emo even mean??

No, this is Patrick.
04-21-2012 08:09 AM
RammsteinFearFactory Offline
Celery Addict's metalhead friend

Given 33 thank(s) in 28 post(s)

Quote:"yeh and the music they listen to is dangerous".

Ask her to define "emo" music. Ask her to name bands. Their music isn't dangerous. That's the equivalent of saying Cannibal Corpse promotes friendship and happiness. She might be confusing emo with metal, and it extremely annoys me when people do that.

[Image: adhd_mild.gif]
04-21-2012 08:47 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

(04-21-2012 08:09 AM)Stadium Wrote:  What the hell does emo even mean??

Well from what I gather it is this:

Watch on YouTube
Biggrin

It is a less extreme form of that song lol

All in good fun Sneaxx.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2012 09:22 AM by UnschoolShqiponjë.)
04-21-2012 09:19 AM
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Its just a subculture of people who dress in a certain way and listen to certain music.
04-21-2012 10:33 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

That definition can applied to almost any group.

Previously known as Derchin.
04-21-2012 10:37 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

Tell your friend to stop being faggot.
I'd rather be a conformist than an emo.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2012 01:32 PM by Efs.)
04-21-2012 01:32 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

Just tell her she's a conceited bitch for judging people without knowing them.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2012 01:56 PM by Aya.)
04-21-2012 01:55 PM
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

(04-21-2012 10:37 AM)Derchin Wrote:  That definition can applied to almost any group.

A certain way, as in the emo way. Im not gonna got into detail, they usually have straight black hair and wear skinny jeans and stuff. I'm not gonna go into a whole thing, I was just saying that it was a group of people.
04-21-2012 02:17 PM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

I get classed as an emo because of what I wear. Black skinnies, converse, some band tee, coloured hair and piercings. I just like the style of dress.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
04-21-2012 05:17 PM
sneaky Offline
Renegade

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Cut her.
04-22-2012 03:30 AM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Given 16 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

I guess people think I'm emo cause I have side bangs and used to wear stripy glove armwarmer things. But I wear a lot of black and eye makeup and several people know I like metal, so maybe that makes me goth. If people can't classify other people as this or that in their little subgroups (goth, jock, nerd) they get panic attacks.

Oh and she likes One Direction?
ALL I NEED TO KNOW. On the bus ride back from D.C. some girls were playing it and singing along really badly. That bus ride lasted 5 hours.

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
04-22-2012 04:01 AM
UltraRobot Offline
I need you to escape.

Given 6 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

Punch her in the face.

[Image: gPE89.gif]

[Image: DeusExTestSign.jpg]

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." - Albert Einstein

"Within a few years a simple and inexpensive device, readily carried about, will enable one to receive on land or sea the principal news, to hear a speech, a lecture, a song or play of a musical instrument, conveyed from any other region of the globe." - Nikola Tesla
04-22-2012 09:12 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

lol @ these stupid labels. Fuck labels. I don't know how to get through to people stupid enough to actually think that stuff is important or whatever...

Quote:Just tell her she's a conceited bitch for judging people without knowing them.
I guess that could work. Maybe put it in kinder words or whatever if you don't want to piss her off too much. Razz

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
04-22-2012 09:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Josky Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Tell her it's better to be emo than a prejudiced, ignorant cunt.
05-02-2012 02:00 PM
Moneyfuskie935 Offline
Libertarian that hates libertarians

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

(04-21-2012 05:52 AM)Sneaxx Wrote:  First off, I'm not neccessarily emo. My friend is. I'm just bitching about something that happened because it rly pisses me off...
Basically me and my 3 friends hang out alot. 1 is emo and 1 has another friend who hates emos.

Yesterday at break she came up to my friends (I wasn't there) and then they started talking. She said to my emo friend that bein emo is bad, because apparently "Emos are scary and ur making my friend [not mentioning name] emo so i hate u". I only heard this from my other friend at lunchtime, who I didn't mention in the first paragraph.

Then after school her and her band of pathetic, 1-Direction obsessed wierdos came up to us and started talking to my friends (I don't talk to that bitch). Then she came up to me and asked "are u emo". I said no, because I aint takin shit from no bitch. Then she turned to my friends again and they talked again, and she said "yeh and the music they listen to is dangerous". Biggest load of shit I heard in my life.

Why do I want advice? Well I wanna sort her out. That bitch has no right to pick on my friend just because she's emo, and then continu e to be friends with her friend. It's prejudice and the most shitty stereotype I've heard. Just give me some hints on how I can make her go away without violence or telling on a teacher. What Im basically asking for is hints to make me more assertive.

NOTE: Dont comment that ur not interested in my life so why am I posting it. Its ur own fault for reading this. And plus I need to tell someone about this who isn't a teacher. I posted the whole story because I need to let it out. Ranting

Cross your eyes and say "Victory shall be mine because failure is not an option" in a weird voice.

Tumblrinas suck dick-kin

There's no patriarchy, there's also no feminist conspiracy to destroy the rightz of meinz. You're not special if you're a feminist, and you're not special if you are an anti-feminist. Women aren't oppressed, neither are men. Both groups have advantages over each other.

Boredumm shut up

u/McBossyface
05-02-2012 03:16 PM
SomeRandomHuman Offline
Pariah

Given 83 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

I HATE those jackasses and their stupid labels. Just ignore the bitch. At school when people call me a wierdo I just ig ore it, and it turns out fine.
05-08-2012 01:14 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

OP don't listen to the others. On this issue, my advice is the best.
Tell your friend to stop being an emo fucktard. In this case, both those girls are faggots.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
05-08-2012 08:58 PM
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

Given 9 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

OP, why do you care?

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\
05-09-2012 01:05 AM
batboy138 Offline
MASTA SLAPA

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Pop her one in the nose. That'll tell her to fuck off.

"There's no 'I' in 'Team'." Yeah, but there is a "me" in "Team" spelled backwards!
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2012 08:43 AM by batboy138.)
05-09-2012 02:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Levio_Sah Away
^this person is awesome

This might not help, but maybe your friend and the bully should both learn what Emo actually is. i.e, it is a genre of music. Emotional Hardcore. Look up "Rites of Spring" or "Cap'n Jazz".

---------------------
"Unrequited love can be survived in a way that once-requited love cannot."
05-09-2012 02:25 AM
Sneaxx Offline
Smart Bitch

(05-08-2012 08:58 PM)Efs Wrote:  OP don't listen to the others. On this issue, my advice is the best.
Tell your friend to stop being an emo fucktard. In this case, both those girls are faggots.

And in this case, you're trolling

Hey there!
I am an unloved bitch.

05-21-2012 03:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One evil of school. Girl advice. Dirtbikemike 21 7,973 04-08-2013 09:52 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Being a hater of school is VERY hard LiptomaticMate 27 8,111 12-06-2012 03:59 PM
Last Post: LiptomaticMate
  Don't want to go to school, need advice :) Entity 8 3,759 11-06-2012 07:46 AM
Last Post: SomeRandomHuman