RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samuel L. Jackson: ‘I Voted for Barack Because He Was Black’
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)
Samuel L. Jackson: ‘I Voted for Barack Because He Was Black’

The best part is none of the yahoo commentators seem to understand Samuel Jackson's point.

Quote:Samuel L. Jackson only voted for President Barack Obama because of the color of his skin, the Hollywood actor revealed in a profanity-laced interview in the March issue of Ebony magazine.

“I voted for Barack because he was black. ’Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them,” Jackson said. "That’s American politics, pure and simple. [Obama’s] message didn’t mean shit to me. In the end, he’s a politician. I just hoped he would do some of what he said he was gonna do.

According to the New York Post, the "Pulp Fiction" legend repeatedly dropped the N-word during his cover story interview.

“When it comes down to it, they wouldn’t have elected a nigga," Jackson said. "Because, what’s a nigga? A nigga is scary. Obama ain’t scary at all. Niggas don’t have beers at the White House. Niggas don’t let some white dude, while you in the middle of a speech, call [him] a liar" -- an apparent reference to Rep. Joe Wilson's "You lie!" outburst during Obama's health care address to a joint session of Congress in 2009.

Jackson continued, "A nigga would have stopped the meeting right there and said, ‘Who the fuck said that?’ I hope Obama gets scary in the next four years, ’cuz he ain’t gotta worry about getting re-elected.”

Defending his repeated use of the racial epithet, Jackson said it "became a part of my vocabulary when I was born."

"Because it was used on me in my house, often . . . I know the word nigga as an admonishment, an endearment, a criticism and an invective. So I use it; I don’t run from it. I don’t have an issue with it or who says it. I always put it in the context of how it was used on me," he said.

Jackson previously made political headlines in October, when he agreed with fellow actor Morgan Freeman's assessment that the Tea Party was "racist."

“It’s pretty obvious what they are,” Jackson said in an interview with New York Magazine. “The division of the country is not about the government having too much power. I think everything right now is geared toward getting that guy out of office, whatever that means.”

Jackson continued, “It’s not politics. It is not economics. It all boils down to pretty much to race. It is a shame.”

It's like how I am gonna let my four year old cousin choose who I vote for (unless Ron Paul somehow wins the Republican primaries).

It is because me and Samuel Jackson both know it is all a huge scam/joke. So fuck it.

I love this black man.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2012 12:24 PM by UnschoolShqiponjë.)
02-12-2012 12:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)
RE: Samuel L. Jackson: ‘I Voted for Barack Because He Was Black’

At least he's honest.

Previously known as Derchin.
02-12-2012 12:31 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

meh

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
02-13-2012 05:33 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

(02-13-2012 05:33 AM)HeartofShadows Wrote:  meh

Don't worry I don't like his blackness more than yours.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
02-13-2012 06:00 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

(02-13-2012 06:00 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Don't worry I don't like his blackness more than yours.

Biggrin

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
02-13-2012 07:12 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Congress Woman Outraged as she is Wiretapped...but voted for the Patriot Act HeartofShadows 12 5,723 02-01-2012 03:12 PM
Last Post: Absnt
  RECALL: Montanans Organize to Remove Senators Who Voted For Traitorous Detainment Bil HeartofShadows 3 2,177 12-29-2011 02:57 PM
Last Post: Jesusaurisrex
  Russian Voter Turnout near 100% and all of them voted for Putin aaaaaaasd 11 6,792 12-10-2011 11:58 AM
Last Post: Efs
  What if Black people are stupid because they are Black? Guest 7 2,851 04-09-2007 05:56 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser