RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More shit with my mom
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)
More shit with my mom

So this morning, because of the before school tutoring shit I mentioned in another post, me and my mom got into this massive argument.

I didn't feel like waking up on time so I woke up around half an hour late, took my shower and got ready as usual. The entire time my mom was bitching at me about how late we were. I was ready at around 7:00 AM and the tutoring starts at 7. I don't NEED to be there at exactly 7.
I ignore my mom and get ready as usual, with her constantly bitching at me about shit I don't care about.
She complains that I'm being "incredibly rude" when I nicely tell her to calm down and that I'm putting my socks on. She said it with an incredibly rude tone and I am not exaggerating. I was NOT being rude. Then she yells at me some more about how rude I am.

Once I get in the car she demands to know if I left any lights on in the house for my dog. At this point I'm annoyed as fuck and DID say with a rude tone "YES, I DID." she then says "NOT ANOTHER WORD OR YOU CAN GET OUT OF THE CAR AND WALK HOME" (we're still on the street I live on)
I wish I did get out, but that'd only lead to her following me and yelling at me more, also complaining about how she said she'd be early for work and is now late. (it's now 7:06, she starts work at 8 but wanted to go in early at 7:15)

She complains about how important before school tutoring is and how I don't care.
I reply with exactly this
"OF COURSE I DON'T CARE! I'm forced every day to go to a building I hate and am forced to learn irrelevant stuff with an incredibly ineffective education system. Obviously I don't care about this tutoring and obviously I don't want to go there."

She literally laughs at me and says I'm being too dramatic. She then tells me how important school is and I say "good grades don't determine how successful you are, good grades don't equal success."
She said "then what does?!" and I said "success is whatever you want it to be, it isn't always about money or grades"

She literally laughed at me and said "I don't know what book you got that from but that's not true!"

She works at a placement agency so she sees people every day who work at shit jobs for shit pay. She tries using this against me and says they don't have an education and I'll end up like them. She bitches at me about my aunt, trying to tell me what happened to her. I say "I don't care what happened, that's none of my business, don't tell me."
I said it several times but she kept talking and told me anyways. Wtf. Whatever, she always fucking has to gossip to the entire family and tell everybody fucking everything. I don't want her to tell me shit that I'm sure my aunt doesn't want others to know.

We argued some more about retarded bullshit, at this point I'm crying.

She keeps trying to guilt trip me and then when she realizes that I'm standing up for myself and being rude to her she puts on this nice person act and acts all innocent and that I'm the one who's being rude and causing these problems.

Fuck no.

She THEN tells me that she's not going into work early, which she made a HUGE deal about earlier, and says she's going in work late so she can talk to my math teacher and guidance councilor. WHAT THE FUCK??

YOU MADE A BIG FUCKING DEAL ABOUT HOW LATE YOU'RE GOING TO BE FOR WORK, AND NOW IT'S FUCKING FINE TO BE LATE SO YOU CAN TALK TO MY TEACHER AND HEAR HER TELL YOU THE SAME SHIT YOUVE HEARD BEFORE?!?!

I mention this and again she puts on the nice person act and pretends to be all innocent and that i started this (I didn't)
I go into school crying, luckily it's early and nobody's there. I hide out in the bathroom till I clean myself up.

Turns out she just told my teacher that she isn't good at math and that she can't help me. She made a big fucking deal about how late she's gonna be, then said its fine, just to tell my teacher that she isn't good at math.
She also said god knows what to my councilor, who I'm looking for right now. Fuck, this won't be a fun conversation.

My parents NEVER offer me help or support as far as school goes. If i do fucking awesome on an assignment my dad just says "cool." In a half assed tone.

This tutoring WON'T WORK! They pulled this same shit on me in 8th grade and did some shit to me I won't mention here to get me to go. When I mentioned this to my mom she pretended like she didn't know what I was talking about and literally laughed at me when I said "I still don't forgive you and dad for that."

Seriously, fuck her. I can't wait for spring break when I get to go to Texas for an entire week all alone with my sister.

Now I'm going to talk to my councilor and she'll bitch and complain at me. Fuck school.

If you actually read all that and reply I legitimately appreciate it.
01-26-2012 12:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
RE: More shit with my mom

Just fuck school in the ass, enjoy whatever you want to do, and fuck your parents in the ass.

Seriously, she is your normal American that think Good grades = A VERY PEACHY LIFE AND MONEY MONEY MONEY.

Ok, I want to be a doctor, not becuase its a high-paying job, because I WANT to HELP people. Money to me is like a fourth priority.

Seriously, just do whatever you want in your life, and dont let school and parents get in your way.
01-26-2012 12:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1312 Offline
It gets better, believe me. :)

Given 44 thank(s) in 30 post(s)

Just hold on there, I've got same shit with dad telling me I won't have a good paying job(I want to be a self employed not employee...) if I won't study and go to school, really pissing off but I just reject this and we don't argue.
01-26-2012 12:36 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

(01-26-2012 12:35 AM)Luizao876 Wrote:  Just fuck school in the ass, enjoy whatever you want to do, and fuck your parents in the ass.

Seriously, she is your normal American that think Good grades = A VERY PEACHY LIFE AND MONEY MONEY MONEY.

Ok, I want to be a doctor, not becuase its a high-paying job, because I WANT to HELP people. Money to me is like a fourth priority.

Seriously, just do whatever you want in your life, and dont let school and parents get in your way.

I don't know what I want to do. I used to want to be a police officer, but decided not to be. I've been recently thinking about being a psychologist because I can help people from my experiences, but the extra twelve years of school would be insane.

(01-26-2012 12:36 AM)LedoS Wrote:  Just hold on there, I've got same shit with dad telling me I won't have a good paying job(I want to be a self employed not employee...) if I won't study and go to school, really pissing off but I just reject this and we don't argue.

If I ignore it she keeps personally attacking me and arguing until I speak up and defend myself. It's as if she LIKES arguing with me. She like feeds off it or something.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2012 12:39 AM by Sharpie.)
01-26-2012 12:37 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Update: My councilor just told me basically to get my shit together as far as my math class goes. I still really don't wanna go home because my mom will tell my dad and he usually takes her side. My mom will try and act all innocent like she wasn't being rude to me or some shit.
01-26-2012 06:10 AM
Dirtbikemike Offline
Balls denser than a White Dwarf

Given 78 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

Ohhh my god my mom does the same exact "I'm innocent" act ALL THE FUCKING TIME. I hate it. 5 seconds after an argument she could go to her muscleman boyfriend and act like she didn't do anything. Then lie about things. OH THE LYING. She lies so god damn much and then when my dad lies she acts like he's a terrible person and he doesn't do anything.

She can make up shit too. She hit me in the face with a water bottle a few weeks ago and it left a bruise and everything. My dad saw it and my sister heard it happen. So when she brought up that if I get sent to court then she might lose all of her kids.

I say, "Good, cause if only I leave then you'll start hitting them with water bottles."

Her muscleman bodyguard walks in and she turns around and starts saying that I'm "threatening" her with the "water bottle incident".

Balls of Steel:
Hidden stuff:
(01-13-2012 10:37 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Mike you deserve an SS medal. Here, be proud:
[Image: BallsofSteel2.png]
Congrats for doing something I never had the balls to do.
If you have kids, save them from the bullshit you are forced to go through.
(01-25-2012 05:36 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Balls of steel re-awarded. 
(02-07-2012 03:22 PM)flann Wrote:  Balls of Tungsten, now.

I found a picture for tungsten balls
http://bit.ly/xqd1zk

(02-14-2012 03:17 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Your balls are denser than white dwarf star matter.
(03-13-2012 08:27 PM)M3116 Wrote:  Balls of steel re-re-reawarded Nutter

(05-14-2013 03:01 PM)Prince Darkstar Wrote:  Dirtbikemike is the only guy I know of on here who won an argument with a teacher.
01-26-2012 06:40 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Holy crap. Awesome. Your mom is incredibly rude to you and then says you're being rude. And when she realizes this she pretends everything is fine. Lovely.

Why do people do stuff like this? It is beyond me... insecurity? I don't get it...

Good luck... Hug

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
01-26-2012 07:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sharpie Offline
Banned

I've been sleeping in my room all day but she no doubt told my dad everything and made it sound like she's so innocent and nice, like she always does. I really don't get what the fuck her problem is.

She kept telling me all this crap and making me do a bunch of stuff just because she got pissed.

She made me pay her $2 for "the gas that she wasted to have the car on" while she was waiting for me to get ready. Lolwut? Two dollars? Whatever, take your damn money if it's that important.

She told me she's going to schedule another before school tutoring thing tomorrow morning. I don't even have my math class at all tomorrow because of our block scheduling. My teacher won't even be at the building. I told her this and she said "I don't care, I'll call her and schedule it anyways and you're going to go."

And of course she's lecturing me about a bunch of crap and telling me personal things about family members that I REALLY have no business knowing/don't want to know to respect their privacy. But nope, she just HAS to make an example out of it.
01-26-2012 01:11 PM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Update:

This morning everything was going normal. I took my shower and was ready on time. I didn't wanna talk to her at all for obvious reasons, so I go wait in the car. She comes out to the car two minutes later. two minutes. Note that for later.

As she's backing out the garage, she says in a rude tone "next time you go to wait out in the car, you'd better tell me! I've been waiting for you!"

Then she asks what I'm doing in the back seat of the car when usually I sit in the front. I don't wanna be anywhere near her, that's why.

I haven't been rude at her at all yet.

We of course argue some more, and in THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING ROAD, DRIVING AT 30MPH, she fucking slams on the breaks as hard as possible and the car stops in like 5 feet. She did this because she was mad. WTF? Control your anger, bitch.

Now at this point I'm starting to be rude back to her. She argues with me some more, I don't remember exactly what she was saying. At one point I said "are you fucking kidding me?"
(first time saying fuck in front of my parents, such a rebel Razz)

She ends up telling me how what my teacher told me is bullshit and that I have no clue what I'm talking about; yesterday my teacher said that all my mom said was, in short, that she isn't good at math and she's concerned about my grades. She also said she's going to come into the school AGAIN to talk to my teacher. (which she never ends up doing, I wonder why?)

SHE started this. She didn't have to say a THING this morning but chose to anyways. Then she blamed it on me, saying I started it all and puts on her little "I'm innocent, you're wrong" act, telling me how pissed my dad is at me.
I keep pointing out that she didn't need to say a damn thing and that she did indeed start it. She had none of it and denied it, and told me "you're so stubborn, you always have to have the last word in an argument" which is irrelevant to the argument and is a lie.
I decide enough is enough and stop talking. Nope, she won't have any of it. She keeps talking, and I tell her it's stupid how she says I need to have the last word but she keeps talking when I try and end the argument.

She constantly guilt trips me and when I argue back she puts on her fucking innocent act. I can't take it anymore. She threatened me with "repercussions for what happened this morning" before I left the car and kept telling me i'm bringing up irrelevant things when I wasn't. She said "I have feelings to you know, I deserve respect" I responded with "I deserve respect too, and if you don't respect me I won't respect you. You can't just be incredibly rude to me and then expect I bow down to you, you need to earn my respect"

She said. "what are you even talking about? That's bullshit!"

She's making me feel like I'm crazy or something, that I'm wrong about everything. She cuts me down at every chance she gets and takes my few important material possessions away from me just to make me angry, then when I do get angry at her bullshit she acts like the victim. I can't fucking take it anymore. I honestly don't want to go home today. It's a little fucked up when you'd rather stay at school than go home because of your parents.
I dunno what "repercussions" she was talking about.
I feel like a piece of shit. She's making me feel crazy and worthless and I dunno what to do.
01-26-2012 11:44 PM
1312 Offline
It gets better, believe me. :)

Given 44 thank(s) in 30 post(s)

Can you move out to somebody's place or something? Or rent your own?
01-27-2012 12:27 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

I understand why she's laughing. I'm not saying she's justified or anything; I'm just amazed with myself that I was able to figure it out. She thinks you're being like a little kid to whom, like, dropping an mnm on the floor is the end of the world, or something. All the stuff she laughed about, she thinks it's "not a big deal" and you're over-reacting.

That thing where she starts acting all innocent, like you started it all. My mom does that too, the worst time was when she would not stop the car to let me out, and I was screaming at her to let me out, and she just kept acting confused and saying, "I don't understand... why are you screaming....". Bitch.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
01-27-2012 12:35 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

(01-27-2012 12:27 AM)LedoS Wrote:  Can you move out to somebody's place or something? Or rent your own?

I have a friend who lives about an hour away, he'd for sure let me stay there for a little while. Problem is, I'm not 18. Not only would my parents call the police to find me and potentially get my friend in trouble, it would also feed her argument that I'm "too dramatic and over reacting."

And I don't have a reliable way to get there.
01-27-2012 01:14 AM