RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today my mom tried to call the cops on me
Dirtbikemike Offline
Balls denser than a White Dwarf

Given 78 thank(s) in 45 post(s)
Today my mom tried to call the cops on me

I seem to post everyday, but I feel people need to know.

Today I refused to go to school and laid in my bed. My mom tried to prod at me and to talk me into just going but that didn't work. She finally tried to use fear tactics by saying, "I'm going to call the school and two men will come in here and drag you out if you don't just go with me." I remembered on the "Speaking of Coffee" post someone said, in a nutshell, to not give into that.

Since I knew that I definitely won't be tased out of bed, and I'm not planning on being violent, I'm not giving in. I let her call the school after she gave the "Okay. Last chance. I'll count to 3." thing and I closed my eyes and rolled over.

After 10-15 minutes she comes back in and tells me that the school "can only use force after 10 days." So 1) I won for the day and 2) I got to stay home and sleep.

Side Note
She told me that they said for every day over 10 days, I get my eligibility for a driver's license pushed back 6 MONTHS per day. If I were a normal person I would rant about the 6 month thing but no, why would they push back your driver's license at all? "Missing a day of compulsory public school makes you 6 months dumber, so you can't drive." [Image: seriously-meme.jpg?w=100] Meanwhile, I've driven my dad's car around the neighborhood and parked it on the side of the road a few times and I feel like I'm a decent driver for 2 years underage.

Balls of Steel:
Hidden stuff:
(01-13-2012 10:37 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Mike you deserve an SS medal. Here, be proud:
[Image: BallsofSteel2.png]
Congrats for doing something I never had the balls to do.
If you have kids, save them from the bullshit you are forced to go through.
(01-25-2012 05:36 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Balls of steel re-awarded. 
(02-07-2012 03:22 PM)flann Wrote:  Balls of Tungsten, now.

I found a picture for tungsten balls
http://bit.ly/xqd1zk

(02-14-2012 03:17 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Your balls are denser than white dwarf star matter.
(03-13-2012 08:27 PM)M3116 Wrote:  Balls of steel re-re-reawarded Nutter

(05-14-2013 03:01 PM)Prince Darkstar Wrote:  Dirtbikemike is the only guy I know of on here who won an argument with a teacher.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2012 08:42 AM by Dirtbikemike.)
01-13-2012 07:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
RE: Today my mom tried to call the cops on me

Trust me this society is full of stupid and fail(Looking at it with logic just makes the pain worst). I know what I'm going to say is gonna sound like bs but trust me that family is nothing more than a title now and the happy smiling families you see on tv are all bullshit to make people believe that still exists. My mom called the police on me when I was younger and now I learned that family is infallible like everybody else and you can like or love them but you have to know when to keep a small distance from them somewhere inside you so they can't manipulate you.

Sorry for what happened.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
01-13-2012 07:24 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

My mom called the cops on my stepbrother once for not going to school. And that drivers license thing is incredibly stupid...further proof that school is for brainwashing, why else would you need to go every single day unless there's a serious emergency?

No, this is Patrick.
01-13-2012 07:42 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

(01-13-2012 07:24 AM)HeartofShadows Wrote:  Trust me this society is full of stupid and fail(Looking at it with logic just makes the pain worst). I know what I'm going to say is gonna sound like bs but trust me that family is nothing more than a title now and the happy smiling families you see on tv are all bullshit to make people believe that still exists. My mom called the police on me when I was younger and now I learned that family is infallible like everybody else and you can like or love them but you have to know when to keep a small distance from them somewhere inside you so they can't manipulate you.

Sorry for what happened.

HoS ill be the brother you never had.
01-13-2012 07:44 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

(01-13-2012 07:24 AM)HeartofShadows Wrote:  Trust me this society is full of stupid and fail(Looking at it with logic just makes the pain worst). I know what I'm going to say is gonna sound like bs but trust me that family is nothing more than a title now and the happy smiling families you see on tv are all bullshit to make people believe that still exists. My mom called the police on me when I was younger and now I learned that family is infallible like everybody else and you can like or love them but you have to know when to keep a small distance from them somewhere inside you so they can't manipulate you.

Sorry for what happened.
[Image: 1727-i-know-that-feel.png]

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
01-13-2012 07:47 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

Wow...that sucks dude.
All these adults that "come out of school" seem to lack a brain.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
01-13-2012 08:50 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Mike you deserve an SS medal. Here, be proud:

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
01-13-2012 10:37 AM
Dirtbikemike Offline

(01-13-2012 10:37 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Mike you deserve an SS medal. Here, be proud:
BADASS PICTURE THAT TAKES UP A LOT OF SPACE

Thanks for the medal. I'll be sure to have it in my signature. I'm unschooling or homeschooling my kids from the start, but I'm not sure which one. I'll have to look into that.

Balls of Steel:
Hidden stuff:

(02-14-2012 03:17 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Your balls are denser than white dwarf star matter.

(05-14-2013 03:01 PM)Prince Darkstar Wrote:  Dirtbikemike is the only guy I know of on here who won an argument with a teacher.
01-13-2012 11:04 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Ha yay I have been sigged again!

Either one is better than forcing them to go to school. If they decide they want to try it let them, but always allow them the freedom to choose. That is what I am doing.

Unschooling from the start but giving them freedom of choice.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
01-13-2012 11:56 AM
Desu Offline
Fanatic

Given 340 thank(s) in 182 post(s)

Any parent that threatens to have someone else come punish their own fuckin kid (especially the police) is a piece of shit, I'm sorry.

RIP GORE GOROTH

He was an hero. He will always be remembered.
01-13-2012 12:21 PM
Dirtbikemike Offline

(01-13-2012 12:21 PM)Desu Wrote:  Any parent that threatens to have someone else come punish their own fuckin kid (especially the police) is a piece of shit, I'm sorry.

It's absolutely okay. The woman also hit me in the face with a 1/4 full Voss water bottle as hard as she could and gave me a bruised eye (not black, but colored) I wish I could live at my father's house but he's even more strict about school.

Balls of Steel:
Hidden stuff:

01-13-2012 12:53 PM
bulgvar Offline
Gaysecks <3

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

WTF? The cops?

In Bulgaria, if you call the cops for such stupid thing, you'll be assraped
01-13-2012 10:28 PM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

It's not a nice feeling when the cops stand before your door. Luckily, my mom never knew I was home at that day.
It seems normal these days that parents betray you. You sir, have proven your point. It is something not many can do. Therefor, you have gained my respect.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
01-13-2012 11:49 PM
 Thanks given by: Loafoceaple
zagix Offline
Banned

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

(01-13-2012 10:28 PM)bulgvar Wrote:  WTF? The cops?

In Bulgaria, if you call the cops for such stupid thing, you'll be assraped

Classic Post.

Anyway, congrats. You have balls. Big, hairy balls
01-14-2012 01:17 AM
Crimson Symbiosis Offline
Respectless Rubber Glove

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

(01-13-2012 07:19 AM)dirtbikemike204 Wrote:  She told me that they said for every day over 10 days, I get my eligibility for a driver's license pushed back 1 month per day. If I were a normal person I would rant about the 1 month thing but no, why would they push back your driver's license at all? "Missing a day of compulsory public school makes you 1 month dumber, so you can't drive."

I don't think they put any crap logic behind that one, it's just to show you that school can make you their bitch.

If people have to choose between freedom and sandwiches they will take sandwiches.
-Lord Boyd Orr

Hidden stuff:
You can get of what you want with a kind of word and a gun than you can with just a kind word. – Al Capone

When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist. – Dom Helder Camara

A man does not have himself killed for a half-pence a day or for petty distinction. You must speak to the soul to electrify him. – Napoleon Bonaparte

01-14-2012 01:22 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

YOU WIN 1000 INTERNETS. Seriously, way to be the man. My parents flip the fuck out when I used to skip too. Now I'm eighteen and don't give a fuck, but I know that feel. They never threatened to call the cops though. Mostly because my dad would beat my ass and drag me to school by him damn self when I was younger and weaker.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
01-14-2012 12:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dirtbikemike Offline

Wow. Everyone's support is amazing. I just realized that. Hug

Balls of Steel:
Hidden stuff:

01-15-2012 06:45 PM
The Shadowman Offline
Kane lives!

Given 11 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

You sir, are a hero. I wish I had some guts and just don't go to school.

The best bloody cover song I have ever heard in my entire life, period: http://www.youtube.com/user/sbeast64#p/c...yCFuP3rM2w
01-15-2012 09:51 PM