RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raaarrrrr
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
Raaarrrrr

I stayed that there public high school until I was 16. And I didn't exactly choose to leave. Then I went to college because my mom yelled at me and I'm still in college now for... reasons. But I didn't see.

If you see, that school is not important for financial success, and that's what you want, and you hate school, if you see, why don't you leave? How come so many people in this forum are still staying in school? Not even taking advantage of alternatives like getting a g.e.d. or doing those schools were you only go one hour a week.

And there was even someone saying they felt bad because they were failing... WHY!? Why would you feel bad? It's like, you know you're in a kind of cage and you talk about it... but you don't get out of it.

wtf.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
12-11-2010 09:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)
Re: Raaarrrrr

Same reasons you're in college I suppose.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
12-11-2010 11:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

I'm in college because my boyfriend/fiance wants me to get a degree because he thinks it will give us more financial stability. If he said he didn't care, I would quit this moment.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

12-11-2010 02:10 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Prince Rilian Wrote:I'm in college because my boyfriend/fiance wants me to get a degree because he thinks it will give us more financial stability. If he said he didn't care, I would quit this moment.

I just stay in school because I have two more years, and what I want to do in the future requires it. Otherwise i'd leave in an instant.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
12-12-2010 08:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

just finished stupid god ass awful spanish paper gaaah shoot kill die

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

12-18-2010 03:29 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

After I got kicked out of the regular school and they said I was gonna have to go to an alternative school and I withdrew from their stupid district and did home-schooling instead, I was walking down the street to my friend's house once and the path went by the school because he lived just on the other side of it. I could have gone around a long way, but why should I. So anyway, I was walking down the street and this fag car passes me and and turns around and comes back and pulls beside me and the fag is like, "what are you doing?" while smiling as if she thinks she's a person, and I'm like, "going to my friend's house." And it says, "Aren't you supposed to be in school?" I say, "I don't go to southwest." (That was the name of the school I got kicked out of.) And it says, "I know, don't you remember me?" And I didn't. I didn't recognize its face at all. Probably because I was scared out of my fucking mind when they were knocking me down and putting handcuffs on me and dragging me into a fag car. I've heard it's hard to form memories when you are terrified. So anyway, it's all like, "Aren't you sposed to be going to metro?" (Metro was the name of the alternative school.) And I was so angry all this time, I want to tell the fag to fuck off leave me the fuck alone I'm not doing anything, I'm just walking down the fucking street. But I told it. I told it that I withdrew from the district and am home-schooled now. And it said ok and drove away. GRARARARARRRR. Even if I were enrolled at that school, so fucking what, you're still fucking allowed to be absent. You just won't get credit if you miss too many days. Which I am fucking fine with. Fuck you and your stupid credits. LEAVE ME ALONE YOU STUPID FAG.

I was absent from school rather often. And no one ever harrassed me before that. It was only because it remembered arresting me and thought, "omg teh trouble-maker!" ;aksdja;woekjfads/lkfjl;a,dxmvl;akdm;wekojr./fasd,m I want it dead. And all the other fags who assaulted me.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

12-18-2010 03:39 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Yeah, because "truancy" is considered illegal and cops can either fuck with you or not, I mean they're (still) too lazy to track what every single person is doing (I wish I never see the day that happens), the bitch just found you there and etc etc

[Image: glorious666.png]
12-19-2010 03:37 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

But it's not like the school would ever call to my house when I didn't come in. Fag cunt just thought I was a trouble maker bitch mind your own business. oomg kid walking down street gonna fuck some people up!

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

12-19-2010 03:57 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

I just couldn't stand to listen to her stupidity. I hate it when she says stupid things. And she does it so much, it just builds. So I was saying, "shut up shut up shut up shut up" etc. And she wouldn't let me leave. This is something I try to do when someone is bothering me. I leave. Online, this means putting someone on ignore. IRL, it means walking away from them. But she wouldn't let me. OH MY GOD SHE JUST KEPT DRIVING AROUND. I hated how powerless I felt. AND MY MOTHER DID THAT TO ME. And she refuses to apologize.

She didn't immediately stop, but as we pulled into the parking lot, I thought, at least she will pull into a parking space now... but she didn't. She just kept driving around and around and around, driving really slowly, torturing me, making me think she was about to stop. Really slowly, but still too fast for me to get out. I opened the door and looked at the ground. Definitely too fast. And my pain didn't touch her. She stayed impeccably calm. And I screamed, louder and louder stop the car. And she ignored me. She just kept saying, why are you freaking out. But it doesn't fucking matter bitch. God, if you walk up to someone and they tell you to go away, and well, maybe you can ask them like once or twice why, but if they just scream at you to go away, you fucking go away. But I was screaming for I don't know how long and she wouldn't stop the car, holding me prisoner, displaying no emotion except slight confusion sort of, I'm not even really sure what the emotion was, she suffers from retarded-face: Her facial expressions never accurately convey anything. But let me tell you again, possibly-confused-face-having-bitch: IT IS NOT YOUR RIGHT TO KNOW WHY I AM UPSET JUST LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE I.E., LET ME OUT OF YOUR FUCKING CAR YOU KIDNAPPER.

So order of events
1. I was annoyed with her stupidity and wanted to leave.
2. She wouldn't let me leave.
3. I screamed at her to let me leave.
4. She finally stopped the car after the 3rd time I flung the door open.
5. I walked home while she occasionally drove past to make sure I wasn't getting mugged.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

12-20-2010 09:02 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Bobmanperson has turned into a spammer.

could be a joke I don't get.

Meh.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

12-23-2010 03:21 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

My brother attacked me with the car door and then he apologized and I was like you suck you have to apologize for all the things you've done over the past like 10 years.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

03-03-2011 04:35 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

in my mom's office, the conference room had a little sticker on it that said reserved 11-12, well it was 12:15, so I decided to go in there, and as I opened the door this bitch susanne goes "uh er uh er uh, no don't" or whatever, and I started to close the door, but then I didn't and i glared at her and she said, "will you please close the door..." and I threw it open and said, "don't talk to me like I'm a dog," and then I walked through the conference room and out the other door. There were some people in there still having a meeting, apparently it ran long. God susanne is such a fucking cunt. I have hated her since I met her. My mom hates her too.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

03-09-2011 04:28 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

I have two tests today and now I totally can't focus on studying. For one of them I have to do another homework assignment and turn it in before the test. For the other, I'm pretty well fucked anyway, so I don't give a shit.

But yeah, I still have one more section to read for geometry and I have to do the homework for that section and I think I didn't finish 2.2 yet. LAAAAME. The class isn't till 3:05. I'm just going to wait till like 2:00 and go to the building and study there. haha I always plan to study more and then I don't, because when it comes time to enact my plans, I don't care. So fucking what if I fail this god-awful class. I'll just have to wait another year to graduate so fucking what. I'm really not eager to get a job. So fuck it. If I fail, so what, it's expected, I suck at math anyway, we all know this, I should have .. I should have not gone to college. But if I did, I should have majored in something else, something that leads to some kind of mindless skillless job. Like accounting or business.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

03-09-2011 04:32 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Maybe it isn't the most beneficial decision, but I've decided to pursue language stuff. That's the interest of mine that has survived the most. And trying to wade through every single field is too fucking hard. So I'm going to pursue further knowledge of languages and linguistics and see where that leads me. If it never leads anywhere and I'm stuck making minimum wage forever, then just fuck everything. I don't give a shit.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

03-22-2011 05:53 AM