RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Christmas Ever
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)
Worst Christmas Ever

I honestly don't know where to start.

Every Christmas we had was bad, but this was the worse thus far. First of all, me and my sister stayed over at my older sister and her boyfriend's apartment for Christmas Eve. It was kind of boring and I couldn't even fall asleep because I couldn't find a comfy place to lay down. When it was time to go to sleep though, I had three choices: Sleep in the same bed where both my sisters were going to sleep, sleep in the baby room's floor with the baby and my sister's boyfriend (Who snores) or sleep on the living room floor by myself. Guess which I picked?

The floor was uncomfortable and the living room was cold as hell. Sucked cause I only had one sheet she gave me to keep me warm. I kept waking up in the middle of the night because the sheet kept coming off me. That's what made me tired and irritable today.

My sister got us up at around 8 something because she wanted us to open our stuff then to go over to cousin's house as early as possible to get the rest of our stuff and to eat dinner together. I got a few games, some slippers and clothes from her. Meh.

We went over there around 10-ish and opened our stuff. Her kids had already opened their stuff and their shit was everywhere. I had to clean up their stuff cause they were too lazy and too preoccupied in their toys to do it. My grandmother came over as well. All in all I got some more games, clothes, and shoes from there.

Her two kids are a handful. The older one has ADHD and is a pain in the ass and the other is selfish and obnoxious. He tries to beat me up even though he's 6. Well their mother yells and curses the shit out of them to get them to act right which hardly works. This went on for the next 6 hours. My sister's kid likes to mess with stuff and scream a lot and she had to scream at him too.

We went over to our aunt's house to get some clothes from her. I took the time while over there to get some sleep. Didn't fair well cause all the kids showed up there and were too loud and out of control to sleep. We went back to my cousin's an hour later.

It wasn't better at all when we got back. When we tried to play games together it got outta hand because the kids wouldn't shut up and calm down, my older sister had a headache and snapped at everybody, my grandmother annoyingly gave her 2 cents to everything, and I couldn't get any sleep because someone was either yelling or I was getting beat up by my little cousin. Ugh.

I wanted to go home today, but I have to stay at my sister house because she's too sick to drive us home. We'll go in the morning.

End rant.

Previously known as Derchin.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2011 01:27 PM by Miller0700.)
12-26-2011 01:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Story and Myth Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
RE: Worst Christmas Ever

Hug
All you can do is grow up, make your own family, and remember how not to let your kids behave.

"I have been allotted months of futility,
and nights of misery have been assigned to me.
When I lie down I think, ‘How long before I get up?’
The night drags on, and I toss and turn until dawn." Job 7:3-4

Both of my parents are teachers. My body is bound, but my mind is free.
12-26-2011 02:23 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Kids? Rofl

12-26-2011 02:32 PM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Aaahhh I love my cousins.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
12-26-2011 03:48 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Mine sucked too Derchin.
My mom and them came over and for the past 2 days it was cooking and bitchign along with the you are a loser speech because you are unemployed and blag blag stress on me blah blah blah despite the fact that I try but get no results.
Lets say after this talk I kind of got a little less respect for adults.

Mom: blah blah thats what being an adult is about.

Me: mah being an adult sucks. So far from what it sounds its just kissing ass, chasing after people and hoping somebody will save you or give you an opportunity and nothing about working hard. So much for being independent.

Besides how can you tell somebody that the 1950s view that they see the world in is gone, republicans and democrats serve the same master and the economy is getting worst.
Wish I had a job so I could get away from everybody.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2011 12:36 AM by HeartofShadows.)
12-27-2011 12:36 AM
Spiritus_Raptor Offline
Ever so slightly sadistic.

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

(12-26-2011 01:23 PM)Derchin Wrote:  my grandmother annoyingly gave her 2 cents to everything,

Let me guess, it's usually rude, involves cussing and her very rude opinion?

Nemo me impune nocet.
12-27-2011 07:40 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

No, she kept giving us her suggestions which usually didn't work.

12-27-2011 08:54 AM