RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Diet
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)
RE: My Diet

(12-05-2011 01:00 AM)|55555| Wrote:  
(12-04-2011 06:11 PM)Efs Wrote:  How about you just eat whatever you want, but burn the calories by running. I eat like a pig, but I workout so I don't gain a lot of fat.

No, this is fucking retarded. Diet is the MAIN FACTOR in whether or not you gain weight. Working out is only a contributing factor. Use running to shave off some of the extra calories but you can't rely solely on running.

Well I should've looked at it from his perspective. I have a fast metabolism and I am naturally skinny, so I guess I just eat whatever I want and just train hard. I'm actualy trying to GAIN weight lol

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
12-08-2011 12:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

(12-08-2011 12:53 PM)Efs Wrote:  
(12-05-2011 01:00 AM)|55555| Wrote:  
(12-04-2011 06:11 PM)Efs Wrote:  How about you just eat whatever you want, but burn the calories by running. I eat like a pig, but I workout so I don't gain a lot of fat.

No, this is fucking retarded. Diet is the MAIN FACTOR in whether or not you gain weight. Working out is only a contributing factor. Use running to shave off some of the extra calories but you can't rely solely on running.

Well I should've looked at it from his perspective. I have a fast metabolism and I am naturally skinny, so I guess I just eat whatever I want and just train hard. I'm actualy trying to GAIN weight lol

I was naturally skinny when I was younger, but .. idk, something happened and it changed.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
12-13-2011 04:52 PM
Jak3kinner Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I have horrible eating habbits, Thank god for high metabolism or else I would probably, all jokes aside, be obese
12-14-2011 07:23 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

This thread reminds me why I hated shotgun so much.
04-12-2012 02:04 PM
Unwilling_Authority Offline
Revolutionary

For Thousands of years people ate meat.
The suddenly "OMG GUISE MEAT IZ UNHELTHY!!11"
Or suddenly people cared about cattle more then sustenance.
Fuck that shit.

And @Shotgun, I thought you killed yourself?

Put me in a room full of people, how the fuck can I be lonely ?
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 02:41 PM by Unwilling_Authority.)
04-12-2012 02:40 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

(12-08-2011 06:37 AM)Alucard483 Wrote:  vegetarian. Lol. You know that shit makes you soooo weak right? Eat some fucking bacon.

Why does someone else being a vegetarian bother you? It sounds like you wish you could literally shove bacon down my throat. I encounter this a lot. I don't get it.

If you had just left off the last sentence, it would have just seemed like you were trying to have a discussion, but then you go and imply violence.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

04-12-2012 03:40 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

(04-12-2012 02:40 PM)Unwilling_Authority Wrote:  For Thousands of years people ate meat.
Fuck that shit.

Just because something has worked well enough for people to survive long enough to make babies to pass on their genes doesn't mean it's the best possible to way to live.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

04-12-2012 03:41 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

(04-12-2012 02:40 PM)Unwilling_Authority Wrote:  For Thousands of years people ate meat.
Fuck that shit.

While I eat meat, the reason its unhealthy is all the peservatives, and other chemicals we put in the food, cows, and packing plants.
04-12-2012 03:45 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

Food wars part II

Fuck that shit.

1. People never ate meat in the quantities that they do today. You only need about 50 grams of protein per day to stay healthy. For meat eaters that's about one 3g serving of meat, a glass of milk and other vegetarian sources throughout the day. The average American eats over twice their daily recommendation of meat at around 8 ounces a day. That is both excessive and unhealthy.

2. Our ancestors ate meat because they had no choice. You are not a hunter gatherer. You are not a nomadic cattle rancher or even a sustenance farmer. You're a modern human living in an advanced society that has outgrown the need to do things your ancestors did. Relying on the 'our ancestors did it' excuse is an appeal to tradition fallacy. Our ancestors also lived in caves, had no concept of personal hygiene, routinely enslaved one another and were known to engage in human sacrifice. Should we continue those traditions as well?

3. Your meat does bot come from the same source as your ancestors. Hunter gatherers spent countless hours tracking, hunting, and preparing their game in the wild. And they made sure every but of that animal was used. Cattle farmers until recently raised their animals on pastures and took care to insure each animal was as healthy as possible.

Unless you're an avid hunter or live on a small farm you don't eat those animals. What you eat is factory farmed livestock that has been confined indoors most of it's life, fed all sorts of hormones and medicines, then mixed with other additives and fillers during the slaughter and preparation process. Don't believe me? Go onto google and research bovine growth hormone and pink slime. The majority of the meat produced in this country is done so in a way that is barbarically cruel, environmentally reckless and unhealthy for human consumption.
04-12-2012 11:32 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

(12-08-2011 06:37 AM)Alucard483 Wrote:  vegetarian. Lol. You know that shit makes you soooo weak right? Eat some fucking bacon.

Not only is it none of your business what Rilian, or anyone else, chooses to eat, being vegetarian actually gives you a ton of energy if you do it right. If you go vegan, the health benefits are numerous. Of course, if you eat shit food and don't know what you're doing, sure you might lose some fucking energy, but chances are you have multiple nutritional deficiencies right now you don't even know about.

Ever seen where you get your meat from? Keep on putting those chemicals and hormones in your body. I'll respect your choice, but fucking respect mine too. There's no reason at all to say that about someone else's diet choices. Maybe if you were a prisoner and someone told you they weren't going to feed you meat, that's when that would be an acceptable response.

You really just come across as someone trying to justify to others their choices. We don't fucking care if meat tastes good, we'd rather not get heart disease before we're 40.

No, this is Patrick.
04-13-2012 01:35 AM
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Watch on YouTube
04-13-2012 04:32 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

That's some fucked up shit imo ^

No, this is Patrick.
04-13-2012 04:33 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

Mmm all these shock videos only make me hungry goingto get some nuggets
04-13-2012 06:00 AM
Revolutionary

Gee, I just think that sometimes people can go overboard with how bad meat is for you, and how many animals are hurt and stuff, I mean some animals would be useless & extinct if it weren't for us enjoying their tasty insides. But I get that the way meat is prepared for human consumption has changed massively, but I still think that eating meat, from healthy sources, and in right amounts does have benefits. And should not be discouraged.

And plus you can't say all meat is produced like that. There are still places where you can pick up properly prepared, fresh meat. Its not like im against vegetarians, i mean they can do what they please, but when they try to say only eating greens and stuff is better then having a balanced diet with both, then its wrong.

And Aya, I'm assuming your a vegetarian?

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2012 02:30 PM by Unwilling_Authority.)
04-13-2012 02:27 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

(04-13-2012 02:27 PM)Unwilling_Authority Wrote:  I mean some animals would be useless
We're all useless. All us living organisms. We are our own ends. A cow does not exist for you or for anyone else. It exists for itself.
Quote:& extinct
Who gives a shit if a species goes extinct? If all humans chose to stop having babies from now on, humans would go extinct. It doesn't matter. Because then the future humans would never exist to suffer. So it's not like you're hurting them by not allowing them to exist. Perpetuating the species of "cow" by breeding more of them and then causing those individuals to suffer is NOT good. Now, if you were saving the life of an individual who was already alive, that would be good. But making more individuals is, I think, morally neutral. But if you make them only with the intention of making them suffer, that's evil.
Quote:if it weren't for us

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

04-13-2012 04:38 PM
Revolutionary

Well that's wrong, some animals are essential to the ecosystem. And obliviously that's a moral argument, personally i wouldn't really care much if cows became extinct.

04-13-2012 10:06 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

(04-13-2012 10:06 PM)Unwilling_Authority Wrote:  Well that's wrong, some animals are essential to the ecosystem.

So? I'm sure they don't care. What does it matter if all living things on earth die out? It doesn't. It doesn't matter. So we're all useless. There is no greater purpose.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

04-14-2012 01:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Acne and Diet James Comey 16 4,720 02-03-2015 02:18 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  south beach diet cp 9 6,445 10-13-2011 07:16 PM
Last Post: Efs