RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Hate About Your Classmates?
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Title is self-explanatory.
11-22-2011 08:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)
RE: What Do You Hate About Your Classmates?

Some of em just blurt out stupid shit out loud that's not even remotely funny, but everyone is dying. It might be just me.

Previously known as Derchin.
11-22-2011 08:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Given 16 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

They say the stupidest things in the most idiotic way possible. Every time they open their mouths they take a shit on the English language. Instead of "I love 10th grade" or even "I love you 10th grade!" they say "Ily (pronounced "illy") 10th grade." Or "Idk" (pronounced I dee Kay) I understand typing that stuff, I do it too, but PLEASE for the love of god don't say it out loud. You sound like an utter fucking moron. It's like they think in abbreviations and emoticons. They probably do. And they say "Derp" or "Awks" whenenver something remotely awkward happens. FFUUUU

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2011 09:11 AM by .Manicrose..)
11-22-2011 09:10 AM
Derp Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Well they are a bunch of stupid ignorant inbreed fucks who ask dumb questions (since they have no goddamn brain cells) towards me and they love to laugh when you say something remotely intelligent. Also the fact that i'm considered "Mentally Retarded" since i have ADHD -_-

Every math class, this girl keeps telling me to go out with this chick who obsesses over guys extremely easily Hiding Thank god she does not go to the same school. Biggrin
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2011 05:32 AM by Derp.)
11-22-2011 01:25 PM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)

A ton of people at my school are just downright dumb to the point where I can't find the words to fully express how I feel about them.
Some of them talk and sound as if they're high as fuck, even when they're not. This makes them near impossible to understand.

Others are just fucking retarded. In geometry class one day, we were learning some dumb shit. My teacher asked us a question and does that teacher wait where they refuse to say a word or move on with class unless someone gives an answer. But the question was damn easy. LITERALLY ALL YOU HAD TO DO TO ANSWER THE QUESTION WAS LOOK AT THE GIANT SENTENCE CLEARLY WRITTEN ON THE WHITEBOARD AND REPEAT WHAT IT SAID AFTER THE WORD "if"

Sorry for the eye straining caps, but I needed to emphasize that the answer really was that fucking simple.

I didn't answer because I wanted to see how far these dumbfucks could go.

Ten minutes.
TEN FUCKING MINUTES.
They sat there for a whole ten minutes trying to figure it out before some dumb bitchy girl answered with that tone of voice that people have when they're not too sure about something.

I swear, every day when I leave that school I have a little less faith in my generation and everybody below it.
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2011 06:04 PM by Sharpie.)
11-22-2011 06:01 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

I hate that they keep asking me for paper or the time. Like they can't spend a few extra goddamn dollars to buy some paper or a watch. Now my paper reserves are low.

11-23-2011 07:17 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Today I witnessed a student yell at a teacher (Yes, I'm defending them for now) because he would stop his conversation with another student to answer her. I hate when people do that shit so bad. Would you wait a fucking second? They're talking.

Everybody so damn impatient these days. Its sickening.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2011 10:11 AM by Miller0700.)
11-23-2011 10:10 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

I actually quite like a lot of my classmates. Some are stupid, sure, but some are pretty cool. I think a lot of people think they are the only thinking ones around, but more people think than you might think.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
11-23-2011 10:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

"I THINK WE SHOULD BOMB THE MIDDLE EAST AND JAPAN!"

I THINK WE SHOULD BOMB YOUR SMALL INTESTINE.
11-23-2011 04:18 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

(11-22-2011 09:10 AM).Manicrose. Wrote:  They say the stupidest things in the most idiotic way possible. Every time they open their mouths they take a shit on the English language. Instead of "I love 10th grade" or even "I love you 10th grade!" they say "Ily (pronounced "illy") 10th grade." Or "Idk" (pronounced I dee Kay) I understand typing that stuff, I do it too, but PLEASE for the love of god don't say it out loud. You sound like an utter fucking moron. It's like they think in abbreviations and emoticons. They probably do. And they say "Derp" or "Awks" whenenver something remotely awkward happens. FFUUUU

U'r retarded. There's nothing wrong with abbreviations becoming their own words. SCUBA is an abbreviation. So is TV. etc etc etc, snob.
My classmates claim to like school. They ignore the indignities of it.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2011 12:34 AM by Prince Rilian.)
11-24-2011 12:33 AM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Given 16 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Maybe I am an English snob but they do sound and act like idiots.

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
11-24-2011 02:33 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

I also hate how they like to talk about people behind their backs. Don't be a pussy about it, tell them.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2011 04:24 AM by Miller0700.)
11-24-2011 04:16 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

The fact that half of them just do school work and that's it.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
11-26-2011 10:18 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(11-26-2011 10:18 PM)Efs Wrote:  The fact that half of them just do school work and that's it.

Huh?

11-27-2011 02:23 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

(11-27-2011 02:23 AM)Derchin Wrote:  
(11-26-2011 10:18 PM)Efs Wrote:  The fact that half of them just do school work and that's it.

Huh?

No fun. All work.

11-27-2011 10:48 AM
MG917 Offline
Rebel

(11-27-2011 10:48 AM)Efs Wrote:  No fun. All work.

So, basically exactly what the teachers want?
11-30-2011 07:12 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(11-30-2011 07:12 AM)MG917 Wrote:  

Some teachers actually want to have fun and do socialize (somewhat) with their students, but the rules in place and curriculum harbors that.

11-30-2011 07:14 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Pretty much.

(11-30-2011 07:14 AM)Derchin Wrote:  

Some teachers actually want to have fun and do socialize (somewhat) with their students, but the rules in place and curriculum harbors that.

Yeah but that means I end up failing that class and failing my entry to that subject next year and therefore failing uni before I even get there.

11-30-2011 02:36 PM
 Thanks given by: Marlena403
conservativesaint Offline
Rebel

I am a college student who is on academic probation. I graduated from HS in 2010. I will make a list from what I disliked about Elementary,Middle,High School and college. Ok,here it goes:

Elementary school: I pretty much liked elementary school up until 5th grade. There was this kid I really hated in elementary school that had Yu Gi Oh cards but I did not have them :( Sadly,I had to go to school with him through middle school and high school. I live in Washington State and we do not allow charter schools in the state because the teachers union got our charter law repealed in 2005 and we do not have vouchers since Democrats hold the state legislature and the governors mansion. So, I pretty much got stuck with him in the SAME class for 5th and 8th grade. I would have had block with him had my mom not switched the class. This is why I hated it until 5th grade.

Middle School: WOW. What a joke. Hated the science teacher. She was this old lady that yelled and screamed all the time. The principal was a joke and so were most of the kids in my block. One of my friends moved since his mom hated my English teacher and Science teacher. If I had known stuff was gonna get bad, I would had taken a bottle of Coors light,brought it to class,consumed it and demand women to make me a sandwich or bringing me another beer. I could not deal with stupidity at all. Pretty much I did an after school thing but that was it. I did basketball for YMCA but I did not really want to go out for sports at my school. I did want to do wrestling and track but the people said they did not offer sports and I kinda wanted to play football. 7th grade,Grades start to slip, the group starts to crumble and I scream to my parents I want to move right NOW. Did the after school program but I absolutely hate the group I hung out with in MS. Teacher tried to get me in ISS for having a relative die (She said I was "Defiant" because I did not hand in the assignment. Here's what happens actually: My great aunt dies Monday of that week. I go to school until Thursday and I did not get my binder thinking I would go get it on Friday. Turns out we had to go to my grandma's house since my cousins were coming down that day. So, Monday, I get written up for defiance because I did not do the assignment because I was not there on Friday and it was due Monday. I even told the school my aunt died and they said it was unexcused. Turns out she gets me in 8th grade for "harassment". So, the school makes our blocks the same the next year and my Mom does jack about it. I call her the "do nothing" parent since she makes excuses up. It would not matter if it was 2 people in our house,5 people,8 people or even 10 people in our house, it would be the same excuses. My Dad does somethings but I avoid seeing him since I don't really like his Mom (my Grandma) or their family. So, pretty much I hate the block and I now hate the block we were in 8th grade. Going onto that, I started to deal with incompetence from the school administration. I reported something and they did not do anything about it. They sat there and made excuses. I would had fired them if we were in a right to work state and there was no tenure or CBA of any sort. So,anyways, these girls sit there and lie to me saying I was 'harassing' them but I signed something that said I would be suspended regardless of the offense and I did not commit any offenses towards anyone for 7 years straight. Turns out this guy who is on the football team and commits WAY more offenses than I do gets a "free pass" because his mom works for the district (She is a bus driver) and does not get to sign the agreement. IF he did, he would had been expelled from the district. So, I pretty much hated middle school due to stupidity of administration and classmates. I missed 2 pretty significant field trips (tour of the High School and the choir trip). I was angry and mad. So, moral of the story: Demand a sandwich and a beer from a woman when it goes to shit.

High School:MAJOR improvement but with flaws. I will list them out by grade level:
9th:
- Low GPA
- Stupid people
- Block class
- No Choir
- No Swimming
- No PS3 due to grades
- kicked out of ASB
- Suspended again
- no varsity letter
- No homecoming court
10th:
- Girl I like turned me down
- Some classes
- No state for FBLA
- Didn't join DECA
- No homecoming (same people wound up winning all 4 years)
11th:
- Math
- Swim team sucked
- Stupid people
- No homecoming court
- allegations
- No state/nats for DECA and FBLA
- No state in Swimming,XC,Track
- No districts in XC/Track
12th:
- Allegations
- No districts for XC/Track
- No nats for DECA/FBLA
- No presidency
- Allegations
- the list goes on.

I have a few pros though but I will list them later.
12-02-2011 07:27 PM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

I only hate one, one stupid classmate. But, for understanding, here the pre-information:
> Going to school in Germany
> Grades 1 to 10 or 12 mostly, after grade 4 schools are split up
Our Principal, some attention-seeking w... always makes new "laws" or what ever you want to call them.
First thing was to forbid 10th graders to go away from school @ the breaks. This was possible before, you'd just go to the secretary, said "I'm off", signed a paper and came back in time. Nothing ever happend. But they forbid it with the explanation: You could get hurt passing that fucking road. She does not think you are old enough when your 16-18 to CROSS A DAMN ROAD.
So, after my hatred grew because of that, she decided to forbid caffeinated drinks. Said 5th graders to 7 graders would be too "pushed" by the caffeine. Yes, she basically wants to decide what I drink. I understand forbidding alcohol, but caffeine? srsly. Well, teachers have a coffee machine right in their kitchen...
Now, the best part that just happend recently. She decided that every pupil must go out on the school park or whatever you call that big, unattractive area outside while breaks. It's winter here in Germany, we have like 5 to a maximum of 15 degrees Celsius outside, and it WILL get worse. Teachers however are fine to stay inside.
At some point, I swore to myself, after this year I will get rid of this principal personally and legit. No crimes gonna be involved. But however, to make this happen, I need some protocols.
A fellow students mom must have one, hence she is a ... Person that discusses with the principal about new stuff. Don't know how you call that in English. So I asked him if he could ask her for me kindly and he said he would. If he'd just said no it wouldn't have been a problem, but however, he said he would. Then, I waited about three days now, and didn't get anything. I directly mailed to her, N-O-T-H-I-N-G. And without any evidence, how should I shift the gears of my plans?

TL;DR, hate student for saying he'd do something which he then doesn't.
12-04-2011 11:25 AM
Lakeway Offline
Rebel

The kids that bring alcohol and drugs into school and try to purposely get caught so everybody finds out about it and thinks they're cool annoy me so bad, most likely because they don't even drink it or actually take the drugs - they just keep it in their bags and pass it around the class and I'm just sat there cringing.

With all your lies, you're still very lovable.
12-05-2011 02:44 AM
thefrustrated Offline
Renegade

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

The naggers. They really have the need to point out my imperfections and tell me how lazy and stupid I am and such. As if I don't get nagged enough anywhere else.
12-06-2011 07:37 AM
Marlena403 Offline
School Lover

Given 21 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

My classmates try to get me excluded from school. Like today. Today in French, one of my classmates told me to take off my Math teacher's headscarf (I didn't do it of course). The French teacher had later moved me to a different seat because the boy who told me to be rude, was kicking my chair along with two other students. I hate it when students try to get me excluded. And I hate my classmates.
10-20-2016 06:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Classmates do not speak in special Ed rainman7852 5 3,106 04-07-2017 08:59 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  classmates... Specter 11 4,765 11-10-2016 07:37 AM
Last Post: Marlena403
  My classmates again... Marlena403 1 1,743 11-05-2016 07:29 AM
Last Post: Username
  My Classmates... Subb 6 4,386 10-22-2013 12:02 PM
Last Post: Subb
  My classmates from last year Luizao876 17 8,342 01-19-2012 11:34 PM
Last Post: aCol
  God damn classmates... Raikuron 4 2,760 05-12-2010 07:49 PM
Last Post: AWOL
  I HATE CLASSMATES!!!!oh and hello i'm new here sandflow 12 3,984 10-17-2007 09:58 AM
Last Post: Thought Criminal