RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Jobs is dead.
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
Steve Jobs is dead.

Quote:Steve Jobs, Apple co-founder and former CEO, has died at the age of 56.

Apple has posted this statement on its website:

Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple.

If you would like to share your thoughts, memories, and condolences, please email rememberingsteve@apple.com

From the AP:

Jobs had battled cancer in 2004 and underwent a liver transplant in 2009 after taking a leave of absence for unspecified health problems. He took another leave of absence in January – his third since his health problems began – before resigning as CEO six weeks ago. Jobs became Apple's chairman and handed the CEO job over to his hand-picked successor, Tim Cook.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/05...97223.html

Gotta give a bit of respect as Steve didn't go all nuts and tell everybody he was dying so he wouldn't have to go through every bodies wambulance drama. The man died peacefully and with dignity and I gotta respect it.

A moment of Silent for steve rimjobs.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2011 10:21 AM by HeartofShadows.)
10-06-2011 10:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

RE: Steve Jobs is dead.

[Image: IQuit.png]
upload bmp

image hosting jpg
10-06-2011 11:27 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

[Image: 1172090604_ec5cccb1c6.jpg]
psd upload

image hosting jpg
10-06-2011 11:28 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

[Image: AI9_Xv.png]
hosting images

image hosting jpg
10-06-2011 11:46 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

Not a huge fan of Apple but even those that don't like the company at all have got to admit that the guy was a real visionary. Revolutionized the home computer market with the first mac and changed the way people listen to their music.
R.I.P. man.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2011 12:29 PM by Thought Criminal.)
10-06-2011 12:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Yeah dawg, pretty cool guy... Liked to steal ideas, and drop acid.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
10-06-2011 12:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

My kinda guy Laugh
10-06-2011 12:41 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

Meh...R.I.P.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
10-06-2011 08:00 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

WBC is planning to picket his funeral. Apple fanboys are annoying uninformed shits, but maybe their sheer zeal will cause them to end up murdering the WBC once and for all.
10-07-2011 01:37 AM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

I heard steve jobs dead
10-07-2011 02:51 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

If he dies... he dies...

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
10-07-2011 03:20 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

The fuck? What the hell are the last two comments in this thread even saying.

Blog I post to now:

10-07-2011 05:00 AM
rippingheartout Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Steve Jobs was a huge role model to me, he still is.
He's a pretty cool guy and he changed the world a lot. He had an awesome personality and don't forget that he was dropped out from college and he is one of those persons who proves to me that imagination is more important than knowledge.

It was pretty painful to hear that he died. Today, in school we watched a documentary movie about him and the saddest part is that he worked really hard on his dreams and he had dreams and they became true, but on nowadays you barely can see a person with dreams.
They're all like 'it's friday friday…party and party and fun!' and they all drink and smoke...The future of the world will be depressing.

He was a genius... It's kind of difficult to believe to me that he's dead… To me the news is like it would be to North Koreans if Kim Jong Il was dead.
It's terrible. It's just... He know he was dying, but yeah, made me deeply to think about it how deep and short life is. One minute you live and another second you'll be gone.
Probably many people don't think the same way I do, but this is one of the reasons why I describe every evening to my girlfriend how much I love her and how much she means to me.
Life is really short, please keep your lives ! (sorry because of off-topic).

Rest in piece Steve Jobs !
10-07-2011 05:56 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

(10-07-2011 05:56 AM)rippingheartout Wrote:  Steve Jobs was a huge role model to me, he still is.
He's a pretty cool guy and he changed the world a lot. He had an awesome personality and don't forget that he was dropped out from college and he is one of those persons who proves to me that imagination is more important than knowledge.

It was pretty painful to hear that he died. Today, in school we watched a documentary movie about him and the saddest part is that he worked really hard on his dreams and he had dreams and they became true, but on nowadays you barely can see a person with dreams.
They're all like 'it's friday friday…party and party and fun!' and they all drink and smoke...The future of the world will be depressing.

He was a genius... It's kind of difficult to believe to me that he's dead… To me the news is like it would be to North Koreans if Kim Jong Il was dead.
It's terrible. It's just... He know he was dying, but yeah, made me deeply to think about it how deep and short life is. One minute you live and another second you'll be gone.
Probably many people don't think the same way I do, but this is one of the reasons why I describe every evening to my girlfriend how much I love her and how much she means to me.

Inb4 you get the shit trolled out of you because this is SS, where expressing sympathy or any form of human emotion other than pure, serrated cynicism is not permitted.

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
10-07-2011 06:10 AM
rippingheartout Offline
Revolutionary

(10-07-2011 06:10 AM)Faby Wrote:  
(10-07-2011 05:56 AM)rippingheartout Wrote:  Steve Jobs was a huge role model to me, he still is.

Inb4 you get the shit trolled out of you because this is SS, where expressing sympathy or any form of human emotion other than pure, serrated cynicism is not permitted.

Inb4 ???
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2011 06:18 AM by rippingheartout.)
10-07-2011 06:15 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

[Image: 1299109342575.jpg]
10-07-2011 06:32 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

(10-07-2011 06:10 AM)Faby Wrote:  

Try telling that to me.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
10-07-2011 06:49 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

(10-07-2011 06:15 AM)rippingheartout Wrote:  Inb4 ???

In before some other member arrives.

Previously known as Derchin.
10-07-2011 06:50 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Faby Wrote:Inb4 you get the shit trolled out of you because this is SS, where expressing sympathy or any form of human emotion other than pure, serrated cynicism is not permitted.
This is so fucking true it's going in my signature

bravo faby
10-07-2011 07:14 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Screw you Faby just because people mock your problems doesn't mean we mock everybody elses(you to Baron).
I'm using my ipod touch right now and I salute steve rimjobs.
Heck I even openly said I had some respect for him and even started this thread.

image hosting jpg
10-07-2011 08:12 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

>>heartofshadows
>>actually caring about someone

10-07-2011 08:43 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

The last few posts are just...LOL.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
10-07-2011 01:54 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Meh, I read something an article about Steve Jobs disagreeing with Bill Gates' point of view on education, he said it should be more individual rather than systematic. Meh. Guess I respect him more than Gates, although I dislike Apple's closed sourcery (iPods can only be used with iTunes, no support for FLAC/OGG/whatever/etcetera... Apple only wanting Mac OS to be available for its own branded hardware...) which is even worse than Microsoft's.
/vaguepost

[Image: glorious666.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2011 02:01 PM by LOON_ATTIC.)
10-07-2011 02:01 PM
Super Max61 Offline
Renegade

I guess there wasn't an app for that.

Calra Franklin is possibly a whore. She does need to fuck off, though. I don't sue Facebook when someone insults me on Facebook.

You are free to do as you are told.

"You are free to say what you want, as long as it doesn't offend anyone." Me

Dear Society,
Don't like gay marriage? Don't get one. Don't like abortions? Don't get one. Don't like drugs? Don't do them. Don't like sex? Don't have it. Don't like your rights taken away? Don't take away anyone else's.
Sincerely, be glad we're all different.

If anyone wants to be my penpal or something like that or just wants to talk hit me up.
10-07-2011 03:31 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

Last American Who Knew What The Fuck He Was Doing Dies

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
10-07-2011 09:25 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Guy I know doesn't much respect Steve either.
Says he ripped off his best friend to the tune of a couple of thousand.
Can't say it wouldn't have tempted me.

image hosting jpg
10-08-2011 12:15 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

lol not as bad as Gates... He basically disowned one of the co-founders and took all the shit for himself.
10-08-2011 05:54 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(10-08-2011 05:54 AM)Thought Criminal Wrote:  lol not as bad as Gates... He basically disowned one of the co-founders and took all the shit for himself.

Yeah I know about gates too.
Reason why windows was so shitty was because he stole it..

image hosting jpg
10-08-2011 06:30 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

(10-08-2011 06:30 AM)HeartofShadows Wrote:  
(10-08-2011 05:54 AM)Thought Criminal Wrote:  lol not as bad as Gates... He basically disowned one of the co-founders and took all the shit for himself.

Yeah I know about gates too.
Reason why windows was so shitty was because he stole it..

Lol, what about Steve Wozniak? In my mind, Steve Jobs stole all of Steve Wozniak's thunder. Steve Jobs hasn't programmed a day in his life... It was all Wozniak, and after him it was all people Job's hired...

And what about the mouse? Jobs straight stole the mouse... One of Job's favorite quotes is reported to be:

"Good artist borrow, great artists steal" by Picasso...

But I guess there's a salesman in front of every good engineer...

Blog I post to now:

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2011 06:47 AM by Absnt.)
10-08-2011 06:40 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(10-08-2011 06:40 AM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  Lol, what about Steve Wozniak? In my mind, Steve Jobs stole all of Steve Wozniak's thunder. Steve Jobs hasn't programmed a day in his life... It was all Wozniak, and after him it was all people Job's hired...

And what about the mouse? Jobs straight stole the mouse... One of Job's favorite quotes is reported to be:

"Good artist borrow, great artists steal" by Picasso...

But I guess there's a salesman in front of every good engineer...

Wow.. Steve Jobs sounds like a real asshole.

image hosting jpg
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2017 08:19 AM by James Comey.)
10-08-2011 06:56 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Steve Hein's Thread stevehein 145 62,157 06-27-2017 08:21 PM
Last Post: stevehein
  Jobs? Emie 14 6,184 03-22-2014 06:56 AM
Last Post: Trar
  Steve no 10 3,908 01-24-2014 04:55 PM
Last Post: Potato
  Steve? brainiac3397 4 2,644 08-27-2013 01:07 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397