RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My School Is Unfair
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
My School Is Unfair

There is this kid in my school that has a website. It makes fun of our school. the administration found out about it, made the kid sign a contract saying he wont slander the school, suspended him, and now want to expel him. This is completely unfair. We're a private school, so apparently the constitution doesn't have to be followed. It's still not right, and I would like advice on what to do.
11-04-2004 01:27 PM
Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

If I have my facts straight, what the school did was illegal. Then again, just how much fun did he make of the school? If it was just 'fun', then it's no big deal, but if he made up false stories or something then you can't really sue the school. I'm not a US law expert, so try going to these sites for more info:

http://freechild.org/SNAYR/index.htm

if you can't find it there, here's a TON of links: http://www.geocities.com/moonwindstarsky...style.html

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
11-05-2004 08:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
my school is crap

copley high school stailybridge is the crapest school ever they are really two faced and are anti boys
11-06-2004 07:55 AM
Quote this message in a reply
atomicpixy Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Guest Wrote:There is this kid in my school that has a website. It makes fun of our school. the administration found out about it, made the kid sign a contract saying he wont slander the school, suspended him, and now want to expel him. This is completely unfair. We're a private school, so apparently the constitution doesn't have to be followed. It's still not right, and I would like advice on what to do.

tell em to fuck themselfs. :biggrin: its wot id do!

Once i knew a monkey[br]his name was brian...[br]and he was blind, Deaf, Mute, Paraplaegic, Psycho, Legless, One armed, ambidextrous, One fingered, bad tempered[br][br]With a twitch[br]*nods*[br][br]crepsuclar pixie @ http://www.2864212.co.uk
11-11-2004 02:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Optik Offline
Renegade

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Hrm..

As SoulRiser said, the severity of the criticism could either be helpful or useeless. If it was harmless jokes and fun, then this sort of punishment is wrong. However, if he put up a bunch of little flash games like "Shoot the Teacher!" and made up false stories about everyone, then it is of no use. I think they don't have the right to expel him either way. But what do I know, I'm a student myself.

Also, in regards to the Constitution. Yes, it is true that since your school is private, it is alot harder to use the Bill of Rights to get you out of things. Freedom of speech and civil disobediance saved my neck when I was in trouble with my school, which is public. Since those public schools are run by the government, they must obey the Constitution. A judge in the Supreme Court ordered "Students do not leave their rights at the schoolhouse gates." Something like that.

But, if you could give some detail as to what the website was like, or even give me a link if it's still up, I could probably help more.

If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine. -Che Guevara[br][br]Anyone in a free society where the laws are unjust has an obligation to break the law.[br]-Henry David Thoreau[br][br]In 1903 the United States Congress passed legislation that banned immigrants who advocated the overthrow of government. Wouldn't that include the Founding Fathers?[br]-bkMarcus
11-27-2004 03:53 AM
EthanJP Offline
Rebel

He shouldn't of signed a single thing.... But seem as he did they probably put something in there saying that he gives them the right to or something

Finally someone let me out of my cage[br]Now, time for me is nothing cos I'm counting no age
04-11-2005 07:53 AM
Chuckomucko Offline
Defiant

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I think all schools are unfair just by the sheer fact that they exist.
05-24-2005 07:40 AM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
cheesenomore Offline
Pariah

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

a couple of kids got lunch detention last week because "thay were running around too much" and the teachers "just couldent handle it any more". those were their exact words.

oh yeah, and the detention was for the rest of the school year

[Image: cheesep00f.png]

[21:58] <CaptainAhab> im glad that one person realized korn were losers and turned his life to jesus
[21:58] <CaptainAhab> because jesus is at least cooler than fucking korn
05-24-2005 08:18 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

LifeIsCheesEms Wrote:a couple of kids got lunch detention last week because "thay were running around too much" and the teachers "just couldent handle it any more". those were their exact words.

oh yeah, and the detention was for the rest of the school year

... now that is pretty damn lame Rolleyes

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
05-24-2005 10:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cheesenomore Offline
Pariah

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

the kids are so pissed, they say theyre not going to graduation

[Image: cheesep00f.png]

[21:58] <CaptainAhab> im glad that one person realized korn were losers and turned his life to jesus
[21:58] <CaptainAhab> because jesus is at least cooler than fucking korn
05-24-2005 02:09 PM
Spasmastic Offline
Defiant

One time I had detention where I had to write an apology note to the janitor because I "Threw my lunch away too fast." I was the lucky one though. My little brother had to clean up after lunch for a week because he WALKED to the trash can too fast. And guess what? That same janitor just moved to my school. Mad AARGH! Mad

<--------------------------------------->[br]I hate school[br]<--------------------------------------->[br]Good anti-school book: Lies my teacher told me
05-26-2005 05:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Rise against stupid school rules and unfair ness! Hamish 31 8,513 10-23-2007 11:08 PM
Last Post: OmegaWolf747
  Protesting Unfair Uniformness Guest 4 2,514 08-14-2005 09:31 AM
Last Post: Rebelnerd