RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are some of your most controversial opinions?
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)
RE: What are some of your most controversial opinions?

(12-13-2011 05:41 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  So then the doctor would be compensated for his work by his patients allowing him to obtain their goods and services for free?

Sorta, it's a non-monetary economy whereby people "gift" eachother their end products/labor without technically it being a "required" obligation. Incentives include helping the society as a whole, helping yourself by helping others, popularity, feelings of self-worth, and friends.

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
12-13-2011 05:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

(12-13-2011 05:46 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  
(12-13-2011 05:41 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  So then the doctor would be compensated for his work by his patients allowing him to obtain their goods and services for free?

Sorta, it's a non-monetary economy whereby people "gift" eachother their end products/labor without technically it being a "required" obligation. Incentives include helping the society as a whole, helping yourself by helping others, popularity, feelings of self-worth, and friends.

It'd be cool to see it in practice. I'd really like to see these societies in practice.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
12-13-2011 12:26 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

(12-13-2011 12:26 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  

It'd be cool to see it in practice. I'd really like to see these societies in practice.
I agree. Let's keep working towards the world getting better.

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
12-13-2011 01:23 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Can somebody split this shit?

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
12-13-2011 03:19 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

(12-13-2011 01:23 PM)Sociopath Wrote:  

There are free charity clinics today. Anarcho-capitalism can include voluntary charity. It's just not forced by the government. People also give more to charity when they don't have to pay it all to the government.
Also, sorry to spoil the utopia you got going here, but would you really spend years and a shitload of money in med-school to just be a free doctor??? Yes, some people do that and it is a good thing, but it is extremely rare and we can't simply expect that from every doctor.

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
12-13-2011 03:38 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

(12-13-2011 03:38 PM)gore goroth Wrote:  
(12-13-2011 01:23 PM)Sociopath Wrote:  

There are free charity clinics today. Anarcho-capitalism can include voluntary charity. It's just not forced by the government. People also give more to charity when they don't have to pay it all to the government.
Also, sorry to spoil the utopia you got going here, but would you really spend years and a shitload of money in med-school to just be a free doctor??? Yes, some people do that and it is a good thing, but it is extremely rare and we can't simply expect that from every doctor.

Yeah but anarcho-capiatlism still depends upon money and private property both of which are oppressive and need to be abolished. And also, yes, I would, so we need to work towards a better tomorrow and include everyone in on it
(12-13-2011 03:19 PM)AWOL Wrote:  Can somebody split this shit?

why?

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2011 01:42 AM by Sociopath.)
12-14-2011 01:41 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Quote:Yeah but anarcho-capiatlism still depends upon money and private property both of which are oppressive and need to be abolished. And also, yes, I would, so we need to work towards a better tomorrow and include everyone in on it

Also, without a central government in a 100% anarcho-capitalist society there is no paper or coined money. People would trade stuff for stuff. Paper money isn't from capitalism, its the fifth plank of Communism.
Quote:5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
scource:http://www.libertyzone.com/Communist-Manifesto-Planks.html

Communism does not naturally happen without an extremely powerful government. In a given area with millions of people, you can't expect every single person to just simply give away all their things unless they are forced to by a government. You are completely ignoring the factor of human nature.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2011 03:44 AM by gore goroth.)
12-14-2011 03:43 AM
Fanatic

Overall I am 100% in support of anarcho-capitalism. I'd just also be interested in seeing how well other types of societies would be.

Live until you die
12-14-2011 04:23 AM
The Shadowman Offline
Kane lives!

Given 11 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

- Anti school
- Human beings are capable of truly good things, but are also the most cruel and destructive species ever created
- Pro abortion (it is your own decision what you do, but just think of the consequences)
- I believe in the theory of possible Perfection through Destruction
- Anti marriage
- God could POSSIBLY exist, but in an unexpected form
- Humanist
- Anti feminisim and masculinity
- Money is a farce
- I don't want to have any kids, they are more like leeches than human beings. I also can't live with putting them through some of the horrors of life
- Life has two purposes: To be lived and to be given purpose
12-14-2011 07:09 AM
Levio_Sah Away
^this person is awesome

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

(12-14-2011 07:09 AM)The Shadowman Wrote:  - Anti feminisim and masculinity

Are you saying you're against feminism and against masculinity, or that you are a masculist, and are against feminism?

---------------------
"Unrequited love can be survived in a way that once-requited love cannot."
12-14-2011 07:34 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

The old WTC should be rebuilt instead.

Previously known as Derchin.
12-14-2011 07:58 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

"Human nature" is a pathetic excuse to not explain things. Things like greed are a result of societal conditioning. You're also ignoring the fact that private property steals PUBLIC resources; public as in "Belongs to everyone." Not a single person. Not a group of people. But Everyone.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
12-14-2011 08:08 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

(12-14-2011 08:08 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  private property steals PUBLIC resources; public as in "Belongs to everyone." Not a single person. Not a group of people. But Everyone.

Watch on YouTube
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2011 12:45 PM by Aya.)
12-14-2011 12:44 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Watch on YouTube

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
12-14-2011 12:51 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Quote:"Human nature" is a pathetic excuse to not explain things. Things like greed are a result of societal conditioning.

We are all innately greedy. Society isn't the only reason why everyone is greedy. We are all programmed to live to want more and better. More and better things and more and better women/men depending on sexuality. In the animal kingdom, male wolves would fight and kill each other over who would be the alpha male. People compete for alpha male/female status too. Social Darwinism my friend.

12-14-2011 01:33 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

(12-14-2011 01:33 PM)gore goroth Wrote:  
Quote:"Human nature" is a pathetic excuse to not explain things. Things like greed are a result of societal conditioning.

We are all innately greedy. Society isn't the only reason why everyone is greedy. We are all programmed to live to want more and better. More and better things and more and better women/men depending on sexuality. In the animal kingdom, male wolves would fight and kill each other over who would be the alpha male. People compete for alpha male/female status too. Social Darwinism my friend.

Then how do you explain people like me who don't want to be leaders? I'm not the only one, you know. And just because a wolf does it, does not make it so for humans. Humans are not wolves.

Besides, what other alternative is there? Should we just give up? I'm certainly not going to. Anarchy is the most preferable nongovernment association, and I'll try my best to pave the way for it. What else is there to do? Sit and watch the world burn? Not me.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
12-14-2011 01:40 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

(12-14-2011 01:40 PM)Sociopath Wrote:  

Then how do you explain people like me who don't want to be leaders? I'm not the only one, you know. And just because a wolf does it, does not make it so for humans. Humans are not wolves.

Besides, what other alternative is there? Should we just give up? I'm certainly not going to. Anarchy is the most preferable nongovernment association, and I'll try my best to pave the way for it. What else is there to do? Sit and watch the world burn? Not me.

Not necessarily being a leader in the alpha-sense, but having more things and more women. And I'm sure even you want more stuff just as everybody else does.
Quote:Anarchy is the most preferable nongovernment association, and I'll try my best to pave the way for it.
Me too, but I don't think it would turn into a big commune where everyone shares all of their wealth.

12-14-2011 01:51 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Well we should at least try to influence people to share their wealth. Also, greed is not simply "wanting more", greed is wanting more than everybody else based entirely on the principal that one wants more than anybody else has.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
12-14-2011 02:01 PM
Fanatic

Not greedy per say but selfish. Meaning everything we do is most likely because it helps and/or makes us feel good. No one does anything completely selflessly.

I feel greed is selfishness gone too far. Most likely a result of not being able to meet most of their needs when they were children so they continue to seek them out as adults.

I do feel the inherent selfishness in people will pose a problem for Sociopath's society, but like I said I'd like to see it in action, though I prefer anarcho-capitalism.

Live until you die
12-14-2011 02:32 PM
Robert Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

1)make piracy legal
2)stop movie sequels
3) Shakespeare don't know English
12-14-2011 02:36 PM
The Shadowman Offline
Kane lives!

Given 11 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

(12-14-2011 07:34 AM)Levio_Sah Wrote:  
(12-14-2011 07:09 AM)The Shadowman Wrote:  - Anti feminisim and masculinity

Are you saying you're against feminism and against masculinity, or that you are a masculist, and are against feminism?

I'm against both feminism and masculinity, and i think that no sex is superior to the other.
12-15-2011 01:15 AM
xydougie Offline
Renegade

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Old people should just die

Or anyone else who has this hatred of youth because of jealousy and prejudice
12-16-2011 08:12 AM
jnkbortka Offline
Crazy Redneck

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

(12-10-2011 03:54 AM)Levio_Sah Wrote:  I think what you don't realize is that the vast majority of transgender people don't chose to be transgender, at least anymore than any gay people chose to be gay. It's the way they are born. They've got the brain of one gender and the body of another, and telling them to "accept their bodies" is like telling a gay person to be straight. It doesn't work.

Also, is it so hard to call someone by their preferred gender anyways? What's the big deal? You must either be really lazy or just be really really hung up on gender.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_identity_disorder

notice how its a disorder. if i say the sky is purple & green with stripes and polka dots, does that make it any more true? those trannies need some real friggin psych help, and they certainly don't need to be going around mutilating themselves
12-19-2011 06:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tofu Girl Offline
スキ!

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I think annoying people should be killed.
Well at least in my mind. Biggrin

On a serious note:
- I really think public school should be destroyed
- Like you, 9/11 etc doesn't really phase me
- Religion makes me uncomfortable
- I think if I get old I might kill myself, because old people seem to have miserable lives, they get old, ugly, and wrinkly. Can't do much of anything, though I doubt once I'm older and "wiser" I'll think the same.

"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious." - Oscar Wilde
[Image: tumblr_lxb6d9qFYx1r5db6bo1_100.gif]
Think about it, human beings are the most interesting creatures you can ever hope to find. Oh, and when I said humans, I meant ALL humans, not you specifically. Tell me something, do you think you're special? You're not. Everyone's the same. Everyone lies, everyone hides things, nobody makes it through this life completely honest. I bet you have a couple of juicy secrets you wouldn't tell your best friends. Everyone's the same. No exceptions, equal before "god".
01-09-2012 03:21 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

(01-09-2012 03:21 PM)Tofu Girl Wrote:  - I really think public school should be destroyed
- Like you, 9/11 etc doesn't really phase me
- Religion makes me uncomfortable
- I think if I get old I might kill myself, because old people seem to have miserable lives, they get old, ugly, and wrinkly. Can't do much of anything, though I doubt once I'm older and "wiser" I'll think the same.

Agreed with all of those points.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
01-09-2012 03:24 PM
Geeksta Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Humans are inherently evil and good is only an illusion.
There is no god.
Love doesn't exist.
Power corupts. Any power corupts absolutely.
There is no purpose for the universe.
Our society is biased against men, in favour of women.

Freedom is never given; it is always taken. So for the fact that you're not a slave, don't thank those in authority. Thank someone with a "bad attitude."
-Kevin Carson

sexual abuse of sheep is baaaaaaaaad
-BaronVonStrangle

School brings us together, but it doesn't bring us together
-Derchin

We lost Vietnam cuz we didn't train our soldiers to quickscope.
-gore goroth
01-10-2012 09:46 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

inb4 feminist bear attack

No, this is Patrick.
01-10-2012 10:52 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

I also laugh at all the popular people that commit suicide in Melbourne and then everyone says "RIP". But when I say "I don't care that she's dead" I get messages from 10000 people saying they're going to kick my head in and how disrespectful I am. LOOOL.
It's not that I'm anti-suicide or anything, but I just get pissed off when thousands of people are dying from war and poverty, yet people are trying to fight bullying and even though the girl was popular and hot she committed suicide for attention and that's worthy of "AWW omg RIP so sAaaAddd. Bullying shoullld stoopp itz a cerious prawblem!" -.-
I don't know about you guys, but I WAS a victim of bullying, and these people who are "omG antiBUllY" are the bullies.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2012 01:49 PM by Efs.)
01-10-2012 01:49 PM
Mælstrom Offline
GIVE ME LEEBERTY, OR GIVE ME DEATH

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Some of them play these things off as part of the mobjj mentality that overpopularizes people after they fall into eternal slumber. Remember how many people said that Michael Jackson was a pedophile and hated him, and then became his "trueand loyal fans" free his death?Nor that I care for the girl, but was there any given reason as to why she offed herself?

If you're reading this, I killed myself.
01-10-2012 02:13 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

(01-10-2012 02:13 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Some of them play these things off as part of the mobjj mentality that overpopularizes people after they fall into eternal slumber. Remember how many people said that Michael Jackson was a pedophile and hated him, and then became his "trueand loyal fans" free his death?Nor that I care for the girl, but was there any given reason as to why she offed herself?

Not that I know of, but apparently she was bullied for whatever reason.
I'm not disrespecting her in any way, I'm disrespecting those people that "feel sorry for her". And I challenged everyone's views on Facebook. God..big mistake. 2-3 people actually agreed with me. The rest of my 400+ friends sent me stuff like "You're a disrespectful asshole." But I don't care because a hot chick agreed with me so I'm getting the pussy!

01-10-2012 03:35 PM