RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are some of your most controversial opinions?
___________________ Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Re: What are some of your most controversial opinions?

Is it weird that I like the idea of children so much at I already know what I would name my firstborn?
04-20-2011 02:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Shrug

I dun know. I guess not, if your set on that type of life.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
04-20-2011 02:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

I just don't do good with kids. Period.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
04-20-2011 11:50 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Clock Maker Wrote:Is it weird that I like the idea of children so much at I already know what I would name my firstborn?
You're male, so I don't find it that weird. If you were female I'd be all like WTF?! ... 'cause you know how males don't have to do the whole pregnancy and giving birth thing? Yeah, that. I can't understand why any sane person would want to do that.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
04-21-2011 02:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hannah-chan Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

I kinda understand it but, right now, wouldn't want it.

BRITISH MEMBER

[Image: BritishFlag.jpg][Image: BritishFlag.jpg][Image: BritishFlag.jpg]
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:If I hear a plumber/construction worker/carpenter/whatever say "I'm a hard worker" and the make-up addled plastic bitch replies with "I'll bet that's not the only thing that's hard" ONE MORE TIME
04-21-2011 02:16 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

If I had to have a kid I would name them Casey so that they would emualte the RAW POWER of CASEY THE BEAST
04-21-2011 03:52 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

I want nothing to do with it either, especially not for reproduction purposes. Razz
I am of the extremely rare opinion that the only good reason to have sex is out of love. Not horniness or whatever else.

I'm going to counter that statement and say that sex is totally awesome and if people had it more casually we'd be a happier more free society.

More controversial stuff:

Dating is retarded, and so are most relationships. They are possessive and demanding and interfering with each other's lives, and they give love a bad name.

Totally agree with you.

Most jobs are useless and don't do any genuine good for anyone. All they do is make money for some corporation somewhere, which doesn't do any good with that money either.
Plus the fact that they stand for nothing but coercion and degrade people.

Babies are ugly and disgusting and noisy. You don't see puppies and kittens screaming obnoxiously and messing all over themselves, do you? I cringe whenever someone "talks cute" to or about a baby. Yuck[/quote]

IKR!

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

[Image: 2010-10-04-lost-my-appetite.jpg]
05-07-2011 07:07 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:
Clock Maker Wrote:Is it weird that I like the idea of children so much at I already know what I would name my firstborn?
You're male, so I don't find it that weird. If you were female I'd be all like WTF?! ....

1st Born Daughter: Evelyn Rose
1st Born Son: 'Father's name' Jr
2nd Born Daughter: Heather Marie
2nd Born Son: Xavier Zachary

:troll:

Hidden stuff:
Sorry guys, but this is just something you think about when you have 10 nieces and nephews. In my defense, I plan to have a 1:2 ratio. For every kid I have naturally, I plan on adopting two.
05-07-2011 07:42 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

- There's nothing wrong with having protected sex as a teenager.

- I'd like it if parents would give "their kids" some more independence.

- I'm sick of hearing OMG PROTECT THE MINORZ all over the goddamn place. Though there is some reason to it... because habits learned as a child are a lot harder to remove. I still think the whole WE MUST PROTECT THE MINORZ thing is extremely exaggerated.

- "Sexual content's damage" is overrated. A society more tolerant of sex would be better. A society more tolerant of many other things would be better.

- School sucks... it'd be better if we had more freedom, but a lot of people don't want to learn, and would rather be fucking gangsters and shit than "useful"... dunno how school would change that, though. I don't fucking know. How would we find out without trying?

[Image: glorious666.png]
05-07-2011 01:54 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:I'm going to counter that statement and say that sex is totally awesome and if people had it more casually we'd be a happier more free society.
Fair enough. I guess the thing I actually have a problem with is the whole culture based around using people as sex toys and not really giving a shit about them as human beings. So if there was actually mutual respect involved and nobody's getting hurt, I don't see a problem with it. I just wouldn't choose that for myself.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
05-08-2011 08:24 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

Back on the subject of kids - I refuse to marry or have any relationship with a man who has kids. Call me selfish but I'm not going to deal with another woman in my relationship the way my mother did, and I'm not going to get between a man and his children like my stepmother did. The only exception would be if the mother is out of the picture and there is an opportunity for me to adopt them.
05-09-2011 05:45 AM
Blue_Knight Offline
Defiant

Existential Nihilist
I want to kill 6.5 billion people
Love is bullshit
Go have sex in the streets in front of six year olds for all I care.
Death row should not exist. Shoot the fuckers on conviction.
Censorship of any kind is shit.
Anarchy will never happen
Piracy is good
Let your kids do what ever the hell they want to.
Worship your god. Don't shove it down my throat.
No substance should be controlled except steroids and shit
People who say they want to be immortal are stupid. We live to die.
No, you don't have authority over me, so shut the fuck up (Referring to teachers here).
STOP HAVING KIDS!! Nono You can fuck all you want. Just use a condom or something.
05-21-2011 01:52 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

Blue_Knight Wrote:Existential Nihilist
If you were a real nihilist, you wouldn't have bothered making that post.

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
05-21-2011 02:05 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Rebelnerd Wrote:-Vegans are fucking retarded. Eat organic meat if you don't want to support the corporations, but for Christ's sake get some goddamn protein into you.
Veganism isn't about "rebelling against the corporations" its about rebelling against animal farming.

Also, you make it sound like protein can only come from meat. That is untrue. Protein can come from other foods, such as kidney beans, etc.

EDIT: Also, are you sure you're an Anarchist...? If you strive for freedom for humans, should you not also strive for freedom of other beings as well? If you don't, thats downright speciesist; and discrimination is still discrimination. Its just like being ageist, racist, sexist, elitist, etc.

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
05-21-2011 02:13 PM
Blue_Knight Offline
Defiant

Sociopath Wrote:
Blue_Knight Wrote:Existential Nihilist
If you were a real nihilist, you wouldn't have bothered making that post.
Bigeek Wasntme
05-21-2011 02:21 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

My stance on religon is treat is like your penis, don't show it off in public and don't shove it down your child's throat.
Deathrow has 30 days from conviction to prove innocence after that all tv channels are over ridden as {insert fucker} is shot hanged electric chair whatever so people get the fucking idea to stop killing/raping.
Welfare needs to be be closely looked at. Im sick of people cheating the fucking system cause there lazy and ignorant. THATS YOUR PROBLEM YOU DROPPED OUT AND CANT FIND A JOB not mine fuck you.
05-21-2011 03:57 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

I think they should just give death sentence if they're FUCKING SURE that the person actually killed someone.

05-21-2011 04:05 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Lunatic Wrote:I think they should just give death sentence if they're FUCKING SURE that the person actually killed someone.
and then televise it when drop from the gallow
05-21-2011 04:05 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Comrade Wrote:
Lunatic Wrote:I think they should just give death sentence if they're FUCKING SURE that the person actually killed someone.
Death sentence is fuckin stupid. The government cannot be trusted with that kind of power, it must be stripped from them.

I say, just get rid of prisons altogether, replace it with a system of Restorative Justice. If that doesn't work, exile the person.

Also, whats with this "no parole" bullshit...?

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
05-22-2011 03:54 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

Sociopath Wrote:Death sentence is fuckin stupid. The government cannot be trusted with that kind of power, it must be stripped from them.

I say, just get rid of prisons altogether, replace it with a system of Restorative Justice. If that doesn't work, exile the person.

Previously known as Derchin.
05-22-2011 05:50 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Sociopath Wrote:
Comrade Wrote:
Death sentence is fuckin stupid. The government cannot be trusted with that kind of power, it must be stripped from them.

Because that person has shown they cant be trusted and must be eliminated repeat offenders just need to be shot hung electrocuted injection what ever cause its obvious they need to fuck off
05-22-2011 06:26 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Death sentence is untrustworthy. If they're a repeat offender, lets just exile them; Everyone is only trying to push their ideals, if they don't agree with the majority (if its destructive) they can go and forge a life out in the wilderness.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
05-22-2011 06:55 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Comrade Wrote:Because that person has shown they cant be trusted and must be eliminated repeat offenders just need to be shot hung electrocuted injection what ever cause its obvious they need to fuck off

So Revenge = Justice?

05-22-2011 07:36 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Sociopath Wrote:Death sentence is untrustworthy. If they're a repeat offender, lets just exile them; Everyone is only trying to push their ideals, if they don't agree with the majority (if its destructive) they can go and forge a life out in the wilderness.
so waste money and transport them? no thanks id rather just put a bullet in the back of their head.
@ derchin its not justice for you its justice for the victims next in line it doesnt affect you anyway. if someone killed my mother id rather have a 24 hour period to do what ever i please, ive read up on some real shit and would make that person beg for death.
05-22-2011 08:06 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Comrade Wrote:
Sociopath Wrote:Death sentence is untrustworthy. If they're a repeat offender, lets just exile them; Everyone is only trying to push their ideals, if they don't agree with the majority (if its destructive) they can go and forge a life out in the wilderness.
so waste money and transport them? no thanks id rather just put a bullet in the back of their head.
@ derchin its not justice for you its justice for the victims next in line it doesnt affect you anyway. if someone killed my mother id rather have a 24 hour period to do what ever i please, ive read up on some real shit and would make that person beg for death.
Killing is a powerful thing, no matter what agenda/ideals you push. And considering a person being incarcerated cannot harm you in any way, should be better removed than killed.

Also, killing a person doesn't bring a loved one back to life.

However, If a person is willing to right their wrong, why not? A helpful worker is better than a dead body, at least a worker gets shit done.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
05-22-2011 08:11 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

NIGGERS

05-22-2011 08:29 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Comrade Wrote:its not justice for you its justice for the victims next in line it doesnt affect you anyway.
But they don't want justice. If given the chance, they'd probably beat the living shit outta him/her for the pain they experience. That's revenge.

Justice, true justice, is forgiveness, in a sense.
You laugh at me. You think I'm a fool, but that's greatest and hardest thing to achieve.

Comrade Wrote:if someone killed my mother id rather have a 24 hour period to do what ever i please, ive read up on some real shit and would make that person beg for death.

That's revenge. Not justice. You're no better than he/she is.

05-22-2011 01:17 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Sociopath Wrote:Killing is a powerful thing, no matter what agenda/ideals you push. And considering a person being incarcerated cannot harm you in any way, should be better removed than killed.

Also, killing a person doesn't bring a loved one back to life.

However, If a person is willing to right their wrong, why not? A helpful worker is better than a dead body, at least a worker gets shit done.

05-22-2011 01:23 PM
Jim Raynor Offline
Rebel

Quote:Life has no purpose.

im not entirely sure i agree with that though i suppose this is the point of this thread. My question for this theory is that if life is in fact meaningless why bother with thing like civility and moral issues and not just live life for the hell of it?

Quote:I think it kind of does, in a way. Maybe not physically though. I think there's more to it than that.

In my opinion if you acknowledge that there is a set of moral standards in the universal sense then you have to acknowledge that something or someone that is of a higher power must have set them. This would possibly lead you to intelligent creation since the thing/person who set the "rules" in a sense also would have had to create the thing?
05-25-2011 11:22 PM
TheOmegaJuggalo Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Jim Raynor Wrote:In my opinion if you acknowledge that there is a set of moral standards in the universal sense then you have to acknowledge that something or someone that is of a higher power must have set them. This would possibly lead you to intelligent creation since the thing/person who set the "rules" in a sense also would have had to create the thing?

While I do think that there is a higher power that created the universe (and for the record; hardcore atheists are easily just as douchey as hardcore theists, so don't give me any shit), I don't necessarily believe there is a set of moral standards. Some people believe abortion is horribly wrong, for instance. I see no problem with it. There is no textbook right and wrong; hell, some people have no morals whatsoever. lol Though with the belief that there is a set of moral standards, what you've said makes sense.

As far as controversy goes? Well, my opinions seem pretty lame compared to some of the ones I've seen in this thread.

[Image: ImmatureEntrepreneurBannersmaller.png]
Why Public Education Is Ineffective.
Check out my other articles here.
05-26-2011 12:18 AM