RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are some of your most controversial opinions?
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
Re: What are some of your most controversial opinions?

if i dont remember,it did not happen. if he/she dosent remember, it didint happen.ect. if i cant see it its not happening>.>*closes eyes and starts shooting at random*

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
01-20-2009 01:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

PresidentSwift Wrote:I hate the public school system.

now THATS controversial! Bigeek

i am me myself and i
we are very much the same
different types of entities
under one single name

Flock <3
01-20-2009 01:59 PM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

lol

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
01-20-2009 01:59 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

cryptevah72 Wrote:
PresidentSwift Wrote:I hate the public school system.

now THATS controversial! Bigeek
I shit! Quick sombody call the cops!!!!!!!!
01-20-2009 02:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

"I hate" isn't a controversial opinion. It's just stating how you dislike something, not elaborating on why it's bad.
01-20-2009 05:03 PM
Squittle Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Nope. If its an opinion ("I hate") and its widely controversial, then its a controversial opinion.

Because I dig you, like Aussies dig pies, like Born-Agains dig Jesus, like Jesus dug guys.
01-21-2009 01:33 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

Let's see.

I believe that the whole "people are born incomplete and must seek their better half" saying is bullcrap. Uhm, I feel complete by my own, and I've never felt lonely or depressed or anything else because I don't have a girlfriend. And before you say "oh, this is typical adolescent/rebel without a cause opinion, and you will change it as you grow up", please consider that I have never had the smallest intention of getting married when I become an adult. I want to live my life for myself, without sacrificing it to time-consuming things like wives or children. Sure, some may say that it's worth having kids and stuff in the long run, but I do not want to subject myself to degrading things like fighting with my wife, or arguing with my kid, nor do I want to sacrifice my mental well-being by tolerating my wife's hissy fits about how she doesn't like the way I'm tying my shoe laces. I don't consider them cute or natural nor do I consider myself mad for thinking that they are despicable and degrading and blatantly useless.

I believe that the very concept of society is at the base of all the evils in the world. Well, that may be a bit harsh, but I despise the concept. In connection with this, I do believe that humans are animals, but since we have brains that allow us to think independently and freely, we shouldn't form "herds". Human kind may be wired as to be social, but I believe that people can socialize without being a part of a herd as well. Let me expand: TV. Fashion. Popularity. Cheap entertainment. People that do not see things the way the rest do are seen as abnormal. Not being free to do as you wish with your life.
I don't believe that destroying TV and fashion magazines and whatnot will change things overall. New things could come up that have the same effect on the lives of people.
The only thing that can free the minds of sheeple is knowledge, because knowledge enlightens your mind, allowing you to see things as they truly are. That doesn't mean that if you study physics or history you're automatically enlightened or knowledgeable. You're just filled with facts. I think it's more about the reason why you want to be knowledgeable that enlightens you, rather than the act itself.
At any rate, knowledge is the anathema of society, of herd personality. Besides from this, it's more about my personal views, and the fact that I want to live separated from society, but not from people. A bit fucked up though it sounds, I think it's degrading to say that people = society. Society is something willingly formed, not something ingrained in human nature.

Yeah, I know those don't sound very controversial seeing as I'm posting them on a forum which is based on the controversial itself Razz

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
01-21-2009 02:21 AM
ChickenLeg Offline
Revolutionary

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

What else? Hating school. In fact it has cause near ostracization at a forum I frequent.

[Image: b24db005eGyMw.png]
01-21-2009 02:47 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

In the words of 55555 "GRAB THEY'RE COCKS"
01-21-2009 02:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChickenLeg Offline
Revolutionary

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

[Image: NO_U.jpg]

[Image: b24db005eGyMw.png]
01-21-2009 03:33 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:I want to live my life for myself, without sacrificing it to time-consuming things like wives or children.
This is a good reason to not marry (or live with) a retarded person. I do realize that non-retarded people are rare, but they do exist. They wouldn't be time-consuming if they were intelligent and you actually like being around them... on a side note, why does everyone assume that marriage always leads to fighting and arguments and misery? If it does, UR DOIN IT RONG. And yes, most people do it wrong. But that's because they never really give it much thought.

On another side note, the conventional marriage is quite possibly the worst way to show someone you love them. Laugh

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
01-22-2009 01:02 AM
escru Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Hmm I usually keep this quiet but...

I am against religion. Usually christianity and Islam. They give justifications for killing when a commandment says you can't kill someone. That is hypocrisy, and it tells me they can use their faith for any reason.
01-22-2009 01:48 AM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

escru Wrote:Hmm I usually keep this quiet but...

I am against religion. Usually christianity and Islam. They give justifications for killing when a commandment says you can't kill someone. That is hypocrisy, and it tells me they can use their faith for any reason.

So all Muslims and Christians kill people? None

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
01-22-2009 01:28 PM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

not all but atleast one point in time most did

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
01-22-2009 01:31 PM
escru Offline
Rebel

They give justifications for anything.

If someone is saved from a fire, Godidit.

If someone died, its God's will.

Both cases win-win.
01-23-2009 06:01 AM
Chrisuru Offline
Revolutionary

At the moment it seems to be that Twilight is shit, because everyone in my school breaks my eardrums with their screaming about how Twilight is THE BEST THING EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
01-23-2009 07:07 AM
Squittle Offline
Revolutionary

I think the idea that Twilight is an overrated piece of shit and Stephanie Meyer should die in a fire (I love morose rhyme) is pretty unanimous here.

Because I dig you, like Aussies dig pies, like Born-Agains dig Jesus, like Jesus dug guys.
01-23-2009 07:13 AM
Chrisuru Offline
Revolutionary

Squittle Wrote:I think the idea that Twilight is an overrated piece of shit and Stephanie Meyer should die in a fire (I love morose rhyme) is pretty unanimous here.

Here, yes. At school, you can't walk down a corridor without chancing upon a group of girls saying 'OMG EDWARD IS SO FUCKING FIT I AM GOING TO GODDAMN MARRY HIM' and shit like that...
01-23-2009 07:16 AM
Squittle Offline
Revolutionary

I often get the urge to scoop out the major internal organs of those kinds of people.

01-23-2009 07:23 AM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Squittle Wrote:I think the idea that Twilight is an overrated piece of shit and Stephanie Meyer should die in a fire (I love morose rhyme) is pretty unanimous here.

Give me oil and a match, and your wish is my command.

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
01-23-2009 09:20 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:
Quote:I want to live my life for myself, without sacrificing it to time-consuming things like wives or children.
This is a good reason to not marry (or live with) a retarded person. I do realize that non-retarded people are rare, but they do exist. They wouldn't be time-consuming if they were intelligent and you actually like being around them...

I agree.
However, it's just my personal preference. Until I exhaust the list of all the things I want to do in life, I will not marry anyone.

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
01-24-2009 12:53 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:why does everyone assume that marriage always leads to fighting and arguments and misery? If it does, UR DOIN IT RONG. And yes, most people do it wrong. But that's because they never really give it much thought.

On another side note, the conventional marriage is quite possibly the worst way to show someone you love them.

Yes

i am me myself and i
we are very much the same
different types of entities
under one single name

Flock <3
01-26-2009 12:58 PM
Squittle Offline
Revolutionary

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:
TheDelinquent Wrote:12. Legalize public nudity

NO

Why? Is there something wrong with it?

01-26-2009 01:13 PM
Seymour Butts Offline
Rebel

heh heh heh... I've been waiting SO long for a thread like this...

1. I see NOTHING wrong with incest, unless it's parent/son or parent/daughter.
2. I think Barack Obama is an idiot.
3. I am for abortion.
4. I think that the education system isn't going to change for a LONG time, and that we're all too lazy to do anything about it.
5. I fucking HATE the American accent.
6. I think the majority of people on this site are just a bunch of kids bitching about how they hate Chemistry. NOT EVERYONE. Wink
7. I don't care how much shit you give me for the above! Bring it! Rocket

In the words of a true hero:

"I accidentally the economy."
George W Bush
10-09-2009 04:41 AM
Squittle Offline
Revolutionary

Seymour Butts Wrote:heh heh heh... I've been waiting SO long for a thread like this...

3. I am for abortion.
4. I think that the education system isn't going to change for a LONG time, and that we're all too lazy to do anything about it.
6. I think the majority of people on this site are just a bunch of kids bitching about how they hate Chemistry. NOT EVERYONE. Wink

I'm curious about number 1... do you believe its fine for them to have children (I assume not) and why not parent/child?

10-09-2009 04:50 AM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)

Seymour Butts Wrote:heh heh heh... I've been waiting SO long for a thread like this...

3. I am for abortion.

One, you bumped a 8 month old thread.
Two, I don't get #6. You think we're all kids whining about how we hate chemistry? Lolwut?

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
10-09-2009 05:26 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

I still have no idea what an "American accent" sounds like, but maybe that's just because I'm American.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
10-09-2009 05:58 AM
Seymour Butts Offline
Rebel

Squittle Wrote:

3. I am for abortion.

I'm curious about number 1... do you believe its fine for them to have children (I assume not) and why not parent/child?

Well, I've heard stories about genetic defects when close family members end up having children, but I don't really know too much about it to be honest. I dunno, parent/child relationships... at least wait until the child is old enough to understand things properly, then it doesn't sound so...off.

Pieman: OK maybe I was slightly hasty with that comment, but it at least must seem like that to others who aren't part of the site. I mean, let's face it: we aren't really getting out to the community THAT much, are we? Most people hate their shcool, and for good reason, but can't be arsed starting a whole student revolution at said school. This place at least shows others that they aren't alone in their sttuggle, but we are all so far away from each other. And as I say, not everyone; some of the philosophical stuff I read on this site seriously gets me thinking. A lot of people here are prodigys. Yeah, maybe I was pretty hasty with that comment... Razz

In the words of a true hero:

"I accidentally the economy."
George W Bush
10-09-2009 06:31 AM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

- 9/11 was an inside job
- The American Government wants to take away our rights and use us as slaves, or something like that

[Image: spooky-1.jpg]

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
10-09-2009 06:39 AM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)

Seymour Butts Wrote:Pieman: OK maybe I was slightly hasty with that comment, but it at least must seem like that to others who aren't part of the site. I mean, let's face it: we aren't really getting out to the community THAT much, are we? Most people hate their shcool, and for good reason, but can't be arsed starting a whole student revolution at said school. This place at least shows others that they aren't alone in their sttuggle, but we are all so far away from each other. And as I say, not everyone; some of the philosophical stuff I read on this site seriously gets me thinking. A lot of people here are prodigys. Yeah, maybe I was pretty hasty with that comment... Razz

You don't know the half of it. All we need is some big...thing. To get our word out, to get our voices heard, to tell the world our message. We have everything else covered, just been having trouble on the " Organize a movement " part. We're few and scattered mostly. Aka: Not enough of us in enough places.

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
10-09-2009 07:03 AM