RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are some of your most controversial opinions?
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
What are some of your most controversial opinions?

My first one, obviously, is I'm extremely anti-school.

I'm for abortion.

In reality, there's no such thing as right or wrong. People have morals, the world/universe doesn't.

Life has no purpose.

All religions are fake.

I don't care about 9/11 or any other mishaps in history such as the holocaust and shit.

I want nothing to do with sex, everything that has to do with it is irrelevant and disgusting, unless it's for reproduction purposes, but even that is unimportant as there are already 6.7 billion people.

which leads to....

I hate people, there's too many of us. Why do we go through so much trouble to save ONE person's life, but barely give a shit about other living beings. Being the most intelligent species on this planet (which isn't too true) doesn't make us superior.
09-21-2008 02:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Re: What are some of your most controversial opinions?

Quote:I want nothing to do with sex, everything that has to do with it is irrelevant and disgusting, unless it's for reproduction purposes, but even that is unimportant as there are already 6.7 billion people.
I want nothing to do with it either, especially not for reproduction purposes. Razz
I am of the extremely rare opinion that the only good reason to have sex is out of love. Not horniness or whatever else.

Quote:In reality, there's no such thing as right or wrong. People have morals, the world/universe doesn't.
I think it kind of does, in a way. Maybe not physically though. I think there's more to it than that.

More controversial stuff:

Dating is retarded, and so are most relationships. They are possessive and demanding and interfering with each other's lives, and they give love a bad name.

Most jobs are useless and don't do any genuine good for anyone. All they do is make money for some corporation somewhere, which doesn't do any good with that money either.

Babies are ugly and disgusting and noisy. You don't see puppies and kittens screaming obnoxiously and messing all over themselves, do you? I cringe whenever someone "talks cute" to or about a baby. Yuck

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-21-2008 03:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: GamerGurl , craxyguy562
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

SoulRiser, can I worship you? You don't even have to answer, because I already do.

I agree with most things you've said.

But I'd like to add about the job/money thing...it made me think of another thing.
All people in this world are wasting time. Money, war, economy, what the hell is with this crap? It's all worthless. Somebody invented the idea of money just so there could be order but it's really only PAPER. And war? Some of the stuff we fight about is the dumbest shit EVER. Everything people are living with today makes no sense. Everyone thinks they have serious problems like "OMG, I'm in debt", "OMG he broke up with me.". You know what I say? Who the fuck cares? Why does that stuff fucking matter anyway? It doesn't. We should spend all this time we're wasting traveling the universe and finding out more about the place that surrounds us. People think everything revolves around them and they think everything is important. IT'S NOT. Does planet Venus care if you tripped and scraped your leg? Does Callisto feel bad for you if one of your relatives dies? It's a natural part of life. Without death, there wouldn't be life. Why are people so scared of death anyway? It's so stupid if you think about it. I know I keep jumping from one subject to another but I'm on a ROLL and I won't stop. It really hit me hard today. Emotions are stupid, they're all in your head. REALITY doesn't have emotions. You know what else I hate? When mothers think their baby's smile is the most beautiful thing in the world. HAHAHAHAH, are you kidding me? Babies are ugly creatures. You know what's beautiful? The mysteries of the universe, which we should be finding out about right now instead of going on with out sad pathetic lives like we are right now. WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Banana
09-21-2008 03:21 AM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

--

"Do we treat straight public sex differently than we do gay public sex? Of course. Straight people are so proud of their public sex that they named a cocktail after it."
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2017 12:20 PM by magikarp.)
09-21-2008 03:39 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

well, it really depends who you're with. but as for me:

everyone should be allowed to have any gun (unless you've been convicted of a violent felony)

9/11 was not a government conspiracy (lol)

anarchism

human beings suck

Rambo 1 was a great movie

pacifism only works if your enemy is one too

socialized healthcare really isn't such a bad idea

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
09-21-2008 03:43 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:SoulRiser, can I worship you? You don't even have to answer, because I already do.
That's just scary. Laugh

Quote:All people in this world are wasting time. Money, war, economy, what the hell is with this crap? It's all worthless.
Yup. And people talk about meaningless shit all the time. "How was your day?" "Oh, it was fine, I took out the washing, made food" ... seriously, who cares? People are so superficial. This is one of the main reasons I'm so "quiet", because I don't care to have pointless discussions about the weather. And then people think I'm antisocial... Laugh

Quote:Why are people so scared of death anyway? It's so stupid if you think about it.
Fearing death is actually holding people back from living life. They try so hard just to stay alive that they miss the point of staying alive... and inevitably fail anyway, 'cause everyone dies eventually.

Quote:Emotions are stupid, they're all in your head. REALITY doesn't have emotions.
They're only stupid if you let them control you... I mean, happiness is an emotion. I wouldn't recommend anyone try to get rid of that anytime soon... in fact, we need more of it. Smile

Oh yeah, and another controversial opinion: I am neither for NOR against abortion! HA! Imagine that! Razz
I think it doesn't matter which of the two a person does, as long as that decision was made with as much care, love and consideration as possible. It really isn't that black and white. So, in general, getting knocked up due to your own stupidity and then having an abortion is just retarded. People who do that should be aborted. Razz

Quote:everyone should be allowed to have any gun (unless you've been convicted of a violent felony)
And I like this idea. Yes

Quote:pacifism only works if your enemy is one too
True, but people tend to target the wrong people as enemies...

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
09-21-2008 04:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Quote:I mean, happiness is an emotion. I wouldn't recommend anyone try to get rid of that anytime soon... in fact, we need more of it.

I agree with that to some extent. I mean, I hate it when people are OVERLY happy or VERY depressed over things that don't deserve so much emotion. How about not giving a care anymore? What happened, happened. You can't change the past. You can cry over something horrible that happened to you but holding on to it for so long is just stupid.

Quote:Yup. And people talk about meaningless shit all the time. "How was your day?" "Oh, it was fine, I took out the washing, made food" ... seriously, who cares? People are so superficial. This is one of the main reasons I'm so "quiet", because I don't care to have pointless discussions about the weather. And then people think I'm antisocial... Laugh

I KNOW! Who cares about the weather? That's basically all you see on the news. Flood here, tornado there. People dying everywhere. NEWSFLASH, it happens everyday. Get over it. It's nothing NEW, so why is it in the news?

Though, there are exceptions to what I just typed.
09-21-2008 05:16 AM
Happy Camper Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Um...relatively little of these seem controversial so far.

If only Kirby was here.

Let's do the time warp again!
09-21-2008 05:21 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

For some reason this post makes me feel depressed..

1. Sept 11th only killed like a couple thousand people who were NOT heros.. like at least 12 people die a minute in the world anyway so who cares.(If anybody had somebody die in sept 11th then I apologize because its just that sept 11th is constantly used as a excuse by others and the country constantly reminds us of it because they want it to be a fresh excuse).

2. History is all well and good but sometimes I wonder the point of it. Some people say that we will repeat out mistakes if we don't know it and yet we repeat out mistakes anyway..

3. Sex is nothing but an instinctive responsive, It has nothing to do with love or any of that shit.

4. A person's life is his own business and he should be allowed to choose if he or she lives it or ends it.

5. I also hate when people think I'm crazy for not giving a shit when people hurt others I don't know or themselves.

6. I hate it when people think I'm not normal for wanting to just play my video game and sit on the computer and not have REAL friends or I don't watch the goddamn news because most of it is crap(Bobby if you don't watch the news how will you know whats going on in the world). Hello the fucking internet!!!

7. Most of the time I think the current world and system we live in should be destroyed and people should be able to govern their own lives..

More of a rant then anything else..

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
09-21-2008 05:24 AM
Captain_Katiakicz Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Quote:I KNOW! Who cares about the weather? That's basically all you see on the news. Flood here, tornado there. People dying everywhere. NEWSFLASH, it happens everyday. Get over it. It's nothing NEW, so why is it in the news?

Though, there are exceptions to what I just typed.
I know you said there are exceptions, but that kind of... makes me mad, because if it wasn't on the news I would be dead right now, because my family wouldn't of known there was a hurricane coming. But then again, people die, right, so why does it matter? Only if it's ourselves, it matters. But you don't seem to be afraid of death anyways, so you'll agree with this.

I believe abortion is okay. Taking away abortion takes away women's rights.

I believe anarchy will happen someday

I believe there's nothing wrong with sex. I really no longer use 'whore' or 'slut' in my vocabulary, because sex is just like breathing - that is, it's an action. A voluntary one.
" but the word “safe” when discussing female virginity really leaped out at me. The fact that the Christianists treat sex as a contamination upon women never fails to interest me. "
http://pandagon.blogsome.com/2008/05/25/7271/

But I also don't really want to 'do it' until I find someone I really love.. the only way I find it disgusting if it's rape. Otherwise, it doesn't really bother me.

Hm... I guess that's about it. I think, everyone was a baby at one point, emotions are very useful, and have you told someone face-to-face that "death doesn't matter" to someone who has had someone close to them die?

On dating being retarded - Yeah, it can be. But not all of them are, it really depends on the people. It's useful for finding a mate, but if one didn't want a mate then I guess it's useless.

Reality and morals... I've been thinking about this a lot lately. A parent gets upset that their kid doesn't have the same values, right? It's about control, in a way. Everyone that's older than you and has more status want you to believe the same things as them, the same "morals". That's why they want you to keep your mouth quiet, your ears closed, and your eyes shut, to any other alternatives on a matter.

You can call me Ruki
Or Captain Ruki
Or Captain K. Ruki
Or Captain Katiakicz

Because you're young, there's advice from everyone
Although we're free, chains await for you and me...
09-21-2008 05:40 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:Um...relatively little of these seem controversial so far.

If only Kirby was here.
Laugh
Yeah... "Pedophilia isn't wrong if both parties consent"...

Hidden stuff:
09-21-2008 05:40 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:It's useful for finding a mate, but if one didn't want a mate then I guess it's useless.
The main problem I have is that people are going about the whole thing backwards. It's not love if you wanted to find "someone to be with" and then you find "someone", and then you somehow compel yourself to love them... no, that doesn't work. It's only really love if you weren't looking for it or expecting anything, and it just sort of randomly happened out of the blue. You can only love someone if you don't expect anything from them. And by 'love' I mean unconditionally, 'cause I don't consider any other "kind" of love to be valid. That's why dating is stupid. It gives love a bad name by branding it as something you "go out and find", not something that comes from inside you. It's like this. (Yep, I keep linking to that from everywhere. Maybe I should make it a Global Announcement too?) Razz

Quote:everyone was a baby at one point
Heh, I can kinda vaguely remember I thought of myself as disgusting back then and I couldn't wait for my skin folds to go away. That took like 7 years, I still remember looking at my arm the one day and being happy when the folds finally went away.

Hidden stuff:
09-21-2008 05:51 AM
Alucard483 Offline
Site Mod

Given 92 thank(s) in 65 post(s)

God is real
Marijuana laws (make it legal)
Immigration stance (keep them the fuck out)
Iraqi war stance (burn them all let god sort them out)
Pro Youth Rights
Anti gun control
Pro Patriot act
Anti Death Penalty
Pro nudity as a form of exspresion (its your body, show it to whomever you like)
Anti age of concent
Pro smoking (its your choice, not the governments)
Abolish the drinking age
Anti parents rights
Pro sex
Neutral abortion stance
No draft stance
Anti Draft laws (women should have to regeter as well)
Pro tax cuts for gov service personal (pay less taxes if you serve or served)

Whilst some work diligently there are those who ask why. I am one of them
(\__/) This is Bunny. Paste Bunny into your signature
(='.'=) to help him gain world domination.
(")_(")
Soul#2: I already have a grip. Doc:and a porno mag and a tube of lube I'm sure"
Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
This has been a test of the emergency pointless argument system. Had this been a real pointless argument, someone would have been called a facist.
Ceiling Cat: For that you need to wear a fursuit, though.

Inside sources say that Carla Franklin has had more dick in her than a public urinal.
09-21-2008 06:37 AM
Revolutionary

SoulRiser Wrote:The main problem I have is that people are going about the whole thing backwards. It's not love if you wanted to find "someone to be with" and then you find "someone", and then you somehow compel yourself to love them... no, that doesn't work. It's only really love if you weren't looking for it or expecting anything, and it just sort of randomly happened out of the blue. You can only love someone if you don't expect anything from them. And by 'love' I mean unconditionally, 'cause I don't consider any other "kind" of love to be valid. That's why dating is stupid. It gives love a bad name by branding it as something you "go out and find", not something that comes from inside you. It's like this. (Yep, I keep linking to that from everywhere. Maybe I should make it a Global Announcement too?) Razz
Valid point, I'd have to agree. But what if someone just has a crush on that person and dates them to see if anything happens, and things, in a genuine unconditional sense, happen? And because it's true, when they get married, they don't get divorced because the 'flame isn't there' or something like that.

You can call me Ruki
Or Captain Ruki
Or Captain K. Ruki
Or Captain Katiakicz

09-21-2008 06:49 AM
fragile-esteem Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

the USA is one of the most facist nations in history.

J.K Rowling is left wing.

3rd base should come WAY after 4th.

The Romans were not genius the Greeks were.

David Low truly is awesome.

Karl Marx had the best last words ever.

Communism is a good thing.

Money is the route of all evil.

Teenage years do not "prepare" you for life because if they did they would come nineteen years earlier.

Time is a matter of opinion.

Nuclear weapons are NEVER right. I don't give a fuck if someone else has them, they'll use them whether you've got them or not.

butterfly kisses xxx

COMMUNISM is when you have two cows, the governement takes both and gives you the milk
SOCIALISM is when you have two cows and give one to your neighbour.
NEW DEALISM (is when things go wrong) is when you have two cows, the government takes both, shoots one and milks the other but then throws the milk away.
CAPITALISM is when you have two cows and then sell one to buy a bull.
FACISM is when you have two cows, the government takes both and sells you the milk.
NAZISM is when you have two cows, the government takes both and shoots you.

I typed: "end of the world" into google and saw the hiroshima bombing and 9/11, irony much.
09-21-2008 06:50 AM
NiteRaidah Offline
hmmm

Given 44 thank(s) in 31 post(s)

• 9/11 wasn't an inside job.
  • I am staunchly pro-piracy.
  • Bush didn't steal the election.
  • My various anti-school stances.
  • I seriously doubt that communism or anarchy can work outside of theory.
  • My political viewpoints/stances on social issues.
  • School spirit is bullshit (controversial at my school).
  • Most of my viewpoints on liberalism.[/list:u]

"All these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-Prince

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
09-21-2008 06:51 AM
Alucard483 Offline
Site Mod

Given 92 thank(s) in 65 post(s)

NiteRaidah Wrote:
  • I am staunchly pro-piracy.
  • Bush didn't steal the election.
  • My various anti-school stances.
  • I seriously doubt that communism or anarchy can work outside of theory.
  • My political viewpoints/stances on social issues.
  • School spirit is bullshit (controversial at my school).
  • Most of my viewpoints on liberalism.[/list:u]
Win

Whilst some work diligently there are those who ask why. I am one of them
(\__/) This is Bunny. Paste Bunny into your signature
(='.'=) to help him gain world domination.
(")_(")
Soul#2: I already have a grip. Doc:and a porno mag and a tube of lube I'm sure"
Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
This has been a test of the emergency pointless argument system. Had this been a real pointless argument, someone would have been called a facist.
Ceiling Cat: For that you need to wear a fursuit, though.

Inside sources say that Carla Franklin has had more dick in her than a public urinal.
09-21-2008 06:53 AM
Revolutionary

NiteRaidah Wrote:
    I am staunchly pro-piracy.
    Bush didn't steal the election.
    My various anti-school stances.
    I seriously doubt that communism or anarchy can work outside of theory.
    My political viewpoints/stances on social issues.
    School spirit is bullshit (controversial at my school).
    Most of my viewpoints on liberalism.[/list:u]

Those I agree with. Well we probably might have different political viewpoints, but mine were controversial in my speech class last year.

I like this topic in a way 'cos it shows even when my ideas clash with others, there are some things that are mutual. it's cool.

GODDAMMIT BOLD DOESN'T WORK let's try again

You can call me Ruki
Or Captain Ruki
Or Captain K. Ruki
Or Captain Katiakicz

09-21-2008 07:08 AM
NiteRaidah Offline
hmmm

Captain_Katiakicz Wrote:Those I agree with. Well we probably might have different political viewpoints, but mine were controversial in my speech class last year.

I like this topic in a way 'cos it shows even when my ideas clash with others, there are some things that are mutual. it's cool.

Class speeches, especially those on controversial topics, can be fun. Mine last year was on how Barack Obama wasn't fit for the presidency, & it triggered a lovely little debate with several of the students sitting near me. I love arguments. Biggrin

At least we agree on half of my views. Better than nothing I say. Laugh

In addition, I agree with your last sentence.

"All these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-Prince

09-21-2008 07:12 AM
Revolutionary

NiteRaidah Wrote:Class speeches, especially those on controversial topics, can be fun. Mine last year was on how Barack Obama wasn't fit for the presidency, & it triggered a lovely little debate with several of the students sitting near me. I love arguments. Biggrin

What'd they say? 'womg racist u don't believe in hope'?

I wait for the day a black person/African American will say something that isn't praising Obama - no more racism then.*

* I hate racism, btw, just making it known.

You can call me Ruki
Or Captain Ruki
Or Captain K. Ruki
Or Captain Katiakicz

09-21-2008 07:31 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:Valid point, I'd have to agree. But what if someone just has a crush on that person and dates them to see if anything happens, and things, in a genuine unconditional sense, happen?
My response is always kinda like... "why can't they just be friends and see if something happens that way?" Dating is possessive. Friendship is not. With dating, you're entering a (generally unspoken) agreement to certain things. Nobody ever questions that stuff. That really bothers me. And if you want out, you have to go through an elaborate "break-up" process, which is always unpleasant. It just makes no sense to me, really. With friendship, both people are free and nobody claims to have some kind of exclusive right to that person. Also, it's really hard to get to know someone properly if you're in a relationship with them, 'cause people tend to idealize everything about each other then. Really getting to know someone takes years.

EDIT: But yeah, I'm sure it CAN happen that way around, it's just really really rare and all the odds are set against it.

Quote:I am staunchly pro-piracy.
Me too. Piracy isn't stealing - it isn't depriving anyone of anything, because it's all about making copies. And most of the shit they do to try and prevent piracy just screws over the people who buy originals. People who bypass copy protection are heroes. Pirate

Hidden stuff:
09-21-2008 08:00 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Hey look, I made a topic that people actually REPLY to. Who woulda thought? lol

Anyway, my replies to some of you guys:

Quote:A person's life is his own business and he should be allowed to choose if he or she lives it or ends it.

I agree, like if you get the death penalty, what gives them the right to decide for you? It's your life, no matter how "bad" the crime you committed was. It gives them no right to decide whether you should live or not.

Quote:Most of the time I think the current world and system we live in should be destroyed and people should be able to govern their own lives..

Same.

Quote:I know you said there are exceptions, but that kind of... makes me mad, because if it wasn't on the news I would be dead right now, because my family wouldn't of known there was a hurricane coming.

I'd say I'm sorry for making you mad, but I wouldn't mean it, so I won't bother. You pretty much just said everything I wanted to say around that topic. I don't know you, so I wouldn't care if you were dead. Don't take it the wrong way, I'm not implying that I WANT you dead. But it would be the same if it was the other way around. If I died, you wouldn't care. You wouldn't even know.

Quote:and have you told someone face-to-face that "death doesn't matter" to someone who has had someone close to them die?

I would tell them to just move on because it would be too harsh on them to just say death doesn't matter. But the earth doesn't stop rotating just because someone you knew died. Life goes on.

Quote:On dating being retarded - Yeah, it can be. But not all of them are, it really depends on the people. It's useful for finding a mate, but if one didn't want a mate then I guess it's useless.

True. I think that you don't need a mate. There's a difference between wanting and needing. And because it's not needed, to me, it would be a waste of life dating and being in a relationship. Not just that, but it brings a lot of problems in your life too.

Quote:"Pedophilia isn't wrong if both parties consent"

I actually agree with that. Not that I'm a pedophile or that I want to see little kids do that crap, but just because pedophilia is against the law, doesn't mean it's WRONG. The majority considers it to be wrong, but the ones who do it, obviously consider it right. So, out of these two groups of people, who's right? Nobody. Like I said before, there's not such thing as right or wrong. It differs between people. We've created morals for ourselves. They don't actually exist. Same goes with killing.

Now, onto the love thing. Personally, I think love's a joke. I'm not talking about family love or anything, but the other kind, where you get married and have kids because you love each other so much. People's minds are so indecisive. They want one thing one minute, they want another thing the next. Feelings can be the exact same. You like someone for a month, you like someone else the next. If you "love" someone so much that you decide to spend the rest of your life with them (that's like my biggest fear, being stuck with one person for the rest of my life, eww), over time, those feelings you first felt for them will fade. This is true. People and their feelings change. You can't tell me a very old couple still feel the same about each other. Even if they're still together. They might have their own family now and stay together because of the connection they've made, not because of "love". I think the idea behind love is pretty lame.

More not-so-controversial-but-worth-typing stuff:

1. George Bush isn't that bad...at all actually. I'm sick of people blaming him for EVERYTHING. Give the guy a break.

2. People who claim land are stupid. Like if someone tells a foreigner to "get out of their country"...yeah, that's so retarded. You didn't MAKE that land, so it's not yours. It's not ANYbody's for that matter. It was here long before you were. So I strongly disagree with this:

Quote:Immigration stance (keep them the fuck out)

But I do agree with this:

Quote:Pro nudity as a form of exspresion (its your body, show it to whomever you like)

which brings me to number 3

3. I don't understand why people consider nudity as inappropriate. Sure, it's embarrassing to go out naked (for most) but that's only because the idea that the parts of out bodies we cover are private has been passed on through many generations. If it never was, nobody would care. And if you think about it, there really is nothing wrong with walking naked down a street. Everyone has an ass, every female has boobs, etc. It's not like they haven't seen those things before. I mean, I wouldn't go out naked but I don't think there's anything wrong with people who would want to. It's their body. If you don't want to see it, just simply look away.
09-21-2008 08:03 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:I'm not talking about family love or anything, but the other kind, where you get married and have kids because you love each other so much.
Aren't those kinda the same thing? Kinda like A leads to B?

Quote:People's minds are so indecisive. They want one thing one minute, they want another thing the next. Feelings can be the exact same. You like someone for a month, you like someone else the next.
Haha, yeah, I can't stand it when people do shit like that. Freaking soapies. "OMG I think I'm in luv!" ... 2 weeks later, she dumps the guy for someone else. Rolleyes
But that isn't really love.

Quote:If you "love" someone so much that you decide to spend the rest of your life with them (that's like my biggest fear, being stuck with one person for the rest of my life, eww), over time, those feelings you first felt for them will fade.
Doesn't mean it can't come back later. Also, in a perfect world, nobody would be "stuck" with anybody. That's what I hate 'bout relationships, people go into self imposed slavery. It really doesn't need to be that way. It makes sense for 2 people to be together if they want to, but to continue to force it if they don't want to anymore just seems pointless.

Quote:They might have their own family now and stay together because of the connection they've made, not because of "love". I think the idea behind love is pretty lame.
But love is the connection. There was this quote I have somewhere, but I dunno who said it... "Love is what you've been through with somebody"... It's more than just a feeling. It's almost a spiritual thing, it transcends the physical stuff and is like a spiritual connection between people. I dunno how to explain it. I guess you just kinda know it when it happens to you. It's srsly not like the regular "in love" stuff. That crap comes and goes, but the real love stuff is actually pretty persistent.

Hidden stuff:
09-21-2008 08:20 AM
Revolutionary

chemistry_hater Wrote:I'd say I'm sorry for making you mad, but I wouldn't mean it, so I won't bother. You pretty much just said everything I wanted to say around that topic. I don't know you, so I wouldn't care if you were dead. Don't take it the wrong way, I'm not implying that I WANT you dead. But it would be the same if it was the other way around. If I died, you wouldn't care. You wouldn't even know.
Well, I didn't really mean me as much as you, or someone you knew. Sorry for the confusion in my writing. What I meant was... the news is sometimes important for knowing what the weather is, so you wouldn't die from hurricanes/tornados/etc.

Quote:I would tell them to just move on because it would be too harsh on them to just say death doesn't matter. But the earth doesn't stop rotating just because someone you knew died. Life goes on.

Still, I have to wonder... if someone you knew died, would you get emotional?

Quote:2. People who claim land are stupid. Like if someone tells a foreigner to "get out of their country"...yeah, that's so retarded. You didn't MAKE that land, so it's not yours. It's not ANYbody's for that matter. It was here long before you were. So I strongly disagree with this:
Quote:Immigration stance (keep them the fuck out)

I agree with this, so much, you don't even know. Both the 'claiming land is stupid' and the immigration stance.

Quote:But I do agree with this:

Quote:Pro nudity as a form of exspresion (its your body, show it to whomever you like)

which brings me to number 3

3. I don't understand why people consider nudity as inappropriate. Sure, it's embarrassing to go out naked (for most) but that's only because the idea that the parts of out bodies we cover are private has been passed on through many generations. If it never was, nobody would care. And if you think about it, there really is nothing wrong with walking naked down a street. Everyone has an ass, every female has boobs, etc. It's not like they haven't seen those things before. I mean, I wouldn't go out naked but I don't think there's anything wrong with people who would want to. It's their body. If you don't want to see it, just simply look away.

This picture says everything, to me:
[Image: image_453.gif]

You can call me Ruki
Or Captain Ruki
Or Captain K. Ruki
Or Captain Katiakicz

09-21-2008 08:33 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Quote:Aren't those kinda the same thing? Kinda like A leads to B?

In a way, I guess. But I meant love as in caring about them a lot, but you're not physically or emotionally attracted to them that you want each other to be a couple. Like loving your sibling or your best friend. That love I can clearly understand.

Quote:Doesn't mean it can't come back later. Also, in a perfect world, nobody would be "stuck" with anybody. That's what I hate 'bout relationships, people go into self imposed slavery. It really doesn't need to be that way. It makes sense for 2 people to be together if they want to, but to continue to force it if they don't want to anymore just seems pointless.

That's true.

Quote:But love is the connection. There was this quote I have somewhere, but I dunno who said it... "Love is what you've been through with somebody"... It's more than just a feeling. It's almost a spiritual thing, it transcends the physical stuff and is like a spiritual connection between people. I dunno how to explain it. I guess you just kinda know it when it happens to you. It's srsly not like the regular "in love" stuff. That crap comes and goes, but the real love stuff is actually pretty persistent.

And I kinda agree with that but it's just that not everyone is "spiritual" in that kind of way. So this would only be true in some occasions. It's just so confusing because love is different to different people. Anger, happiness, etc. are not. Like if anyone gets angry, it's because of something they don't like happened. And if anyone is happy, something they like happened. Love is a different story.

Quote:Well, I didn't really mean me as much as you, or someone you knew. Sorry for the confusion in my writing. What I meant was... the news is sometimes important for knowing what the weather is, so you wouldn't die from hurricanes/tornados/etc.

Sorry for misunderstanding. I get where you coming from now. Yes, the news does help in many ways. But in many others, it's just irrelevant stuff.

Quote:Still, I have to wonder... if someone you knew died, would you get emotional?

Well, yeah. Of course. Actually, I don't even know, I have yet to experience it. But I imagine I would. I think I'd get over it pretty soon though.
09-21-2008 08:56 AM
NiteRaidah Offline
hmmm

Captain_Katiakicz Wrote:
NiteRaidah Wrote:Class speeches, especially those on controversial topics, can be fun. Mine last year was on how Barack Obama wasn't fit for the presidency, & it triggered a lovely little debate with several of the students sitting near me. I love arguments. Biggrin

What'd they say? 'womg racist u don't believe in hope'?

I wait for the day a black person/African American will say something that isn't praising Obama - no more racism then.*

* I hate racism, btw, just making it known.

I can't remember, exactly. Something about 'change' and 'McCain's so old, he's like going to die in office!!'. Oh, and something about 'opening my mind'.

-Prince

09-21-2008 10:40 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

I'm a civil libertarian.
I'm a capitalist.
I'm vocal about my faith.
I'm against abortion (it is murder, plain and simple).
I don't like compulsory schooling.

My view on Presidents:
Abe Lincoln was not a great President, he freaking suspended Habeus Corpus. 'Nuff said.
Or FDR, Social Security, bad stuff.
Or JFK, basic Democrat.
Or Teddy Roosevelt, big government, economic regulator, and heavy interventionism. He had a cool mustache though.

Or any Presidents since Jackson. Jackson was cool since he fought the Bank.

Oh yes. Pirates are better than ninjas.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

09-21-2008 11:12 AM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

God doesn't exist.
Subjective reality is the most accurate model of reality to date.
Psionics is real (telepathy, psychokinesis, etc).
9/11 WAS an inside job.
The US government wants world domination.
School is broken, and needs to be fixed.
The average American (and Australian) diet SUCKS BALLS.
Most people should go vegan.

And finally... I don't care about politics. It's all corrupt bullshit. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire 'government' is a man behind the curtain scene, and Bush, Kennedy and all them, are just puppets part of some bigger organization. This leads to the possibly that the votes are rigged, and only a staged event to make the populace think we actually have a choice about governing this country.

Epic win book.
Personal Development for Smart People.
09-21-2008 12:00 PM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

9/11 was an inside job

Hidden stuff:
couldnt resist

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
09-21-2008 12:02 PM
NiteRaidah Offline
hmmm

Well, I was just re-reading this thread, and I remembered something that I planned to put, even though others have written posts similar to this.

I don't get the deal about relationships. By "deal", I mean the fact that teens, at least at my school, fucking obsess over that sort of thing, and seem to regard anyone who eschews relationships as, I don't want to say below them, but something similar to that. I understand hormones, I understand wanting to be in a relationship, but I don't understand being in a relationship just because. That's bullshit to me. Fuck popularity & fuck anyone who thinks that people who choose the single life are screwed up.

-Prince

09-21-2008 12:02 PM