RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My English teacher is better than any of your teachers
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 29 post(s)
My English teacher is better than any of your teachers

So we're about to start a unit on reading Maus I in class. When we're about to start the everything, my English teacher started by collecting our homework. But instead, he told us to close our eyes and put our heads down as he would come by and take our homework. Then after collecting our homework, he told us all to get up and basically do a bunch of weird shit involving balancing on one leg for 30 seconds or stretching or whatever.

After all of the everything, we sit back down and my English teacher starts talking about authority, and how it related to Nazi Germany and the Holocaust. It turns out that whole thing we did that I mentioned above was a kind of test. We were asked why we did what he had told us to do, everyone replied, simply, that he was the teacher. That he had authority over us. Then he started this lecture-type thing with a PowerPoint and explained how he had hoped that some of us would at least honestly ask him why he told us to do what he told us to do, and how there should always be some point where you need to question authority or not do what you're told to do.
And that's why my English teacher is better than all of your teachers combined.

On a related note, he looks exactly like Galen and believes that there's no real "age of maturity". As far as I know, he's also not affected with dumbass disease (disease that shuts down your pre-frontal cortex, which controls common sense).
02-28-2009 12:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hanny Offline
Fanatic

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)
Re: My English teacher is better than any of your teachers

I like him.

[Image: 72eoaf.gif]
<Darthmat> I love the taste of meat in my mouth. Cory, I don't know how you live without it.
<Darthmat> "Forbidden meat tastes sweetest."

Penisometer
8======================================================================o
Conclusion: Still a penis.
02-28-2009 12:22 PM
Gaiyara Offline
Pariah

Given 12 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

That shit is cash.

What should Gaiyara do Onii-chan? ♡

Hidden stuff:
[Image: clannad_sig_960-1.png]
02-28-2009 12:22 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Mr. Wheeler kicks your english teachers ass. He teaches Japanese, comes into class drunk, let's us do fuckerver when we were meant to be fishing (PIE) and he doesn't believe in that mythical age of maturity. And he's mustache/beard (they're the same thing 0.o) is awesome.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
02-28-2009 07:44 PM
the forgotten Offline
Pariah

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

My History teacher could kick the shit out of your teacher, she teaches us a lot of poli-sci stuff rather than the petty history of the US dumbed down to look pretty suff, we learned about how we treated Native Americans, slaves, women, and Mexicans.

Dance, when you're broken up.
Dance, if you've torn the bandage off.
Dance in the middle of the fighting.
Dance in your blood.
Dance, when you're perfectly free.
-- rumi --
03-01-2009 06:50 AM
PunchingYou Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

my eighth grade science teacher was cool like that, was the best teacher in the school

JESUS SAVES... ON THE PRICE OF DETERGALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!
03-01-2009 07:35 AM
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

my shop teacher kicks ass,

yesterday it was snowing and we had to go to school. So he was all pissed since he hit a curb or something, So when some kid asked him why we had to go to school he said "Because our damn superintendent is on crack!" Then he stared mumbling about her being a bitch.

I lol'd

Plus, you can use any of the tools in the shop and do whatever the fuck you want as long as your not breaking shit. generally you can do nothing because the grade is based on if he see's you doing something and you show up. So, I make wooden vampire steaks all day.

Had to move on. Account is dead.
03-01-2009 04:47 PM
BIOSHOCK Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
wow

According to this I have alien teachers from planet x.

The Revolution evaporates, & leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy. The chains of tormented mankind are made out of red tape
[Image: antifa2.jpg]
03-04-2009 04:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Worst English Teacher Ever NightThoughts 16 13,275 06-11-2017 04:22 AM
Last Post: Marlena403
  My English Teacher Subb 13 7,139 05-05-2017 02:50 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  My English teacher lied to the Head of English about my homework Marlena403 12 6,201 04-29-2017 10:18 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Horrible English lesson and teacher Marlena403 2 2,551 11-12-2016 08:48 AM
Last Post: Sadly_Not
  Middle School Teachers v.s. Highschool Teachers Falsalm 6 5,726 01-01-2014 04:15 PM
Last Post: Falsalm
  My Stupid English Teacher CinnamonSynonym 12 11,216 10-20-2012 05:55 AM
Last Post: CinnamonSynonym
  English Teacher 4r4b7 24 9,957 10-11-2012 10:03 AM
Last Post: SomeRandomHuman
  My English Teacher....again... Efs 1 1,806 03-13-2012 08:10 PM
Last Post: The
  What my English teacher said today... Wingless 57 9,643 01-06-2010 06:47 AM
Last Post: AMomentOfClarity
  English Teacher = Major Bitch academic prisoner 11 4,165 11-23-2009 10:49 AM
Last Post: Loxor