School Survival Forums
Vatman's Blue Cheese Burger Recipie - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Food & Cooking (/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Thread: Vatman's Blue Cheese Burger Recipie (/showthread.php?tid=9919)

Vatman's Blue Cheese Burger Recipie - Vatman - 03-29-2009 10:14 AM

Blue Cheese Burgers
Hidden stuff:
[Image: bbcr.jpg]

2 oz. cream cheese
2 oz. crumbled blue cheese
1/8 t. onion powder
1 T. chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound ground beef (I use 85% lean)
salt and pepper
Coarsely ground black pepper (optional)

1. In a small bowl, mash together cream cheese and blue cheese then stir in the onion powder and parsley. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
2. Divide ground beef into 8 equal pieces. I first divide it into four pieces then divide each piece again. Form the pieces into balls then sprinkle the balls lightly with salt and pepper, rolling them around a bit to make sure all sides are covered. Flatten each ball to form thin patties of equal size. I find it easiest to form the patties on a sheet of waxed paper.
3. To fill burgers, place a tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture in the center of each of four patties. Spread the filling out evenly to within half an inch of the edge of each patty. Place the remaining patties on top to form four filled burgers. Gently press the edges of each burger together to form a seal.
4. Sprinkle burgers liberally with coarsely ground black pepper (optional).
5. Prepare your grill and cook burgers until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees or until desired degree of doneness. Let rest for ten minutes.
6. Enjoy!

Recipe Notes: I recommend cutting these burgers in half before eating to avoid ‘burger blowout.’ I don’t add anything besides salt and pepper to the meat because the filling is so flavorful, but you are more than welcome to add extra seasoning to the meat if that’s what you like. Feel free to experiment with different seasonings in the filling, too!

Re: Vatman's Blue Cheese Burger Recipie - Alucard483 - 03-29-2009 10:50 AM

Good recipe. I shall definantly have to try this over break. Thanks

Re: Vatman's Blue Cheese Burger Recipie - Thought Criminal - 03-29-2009 12:00 PM

sweet! this looks nomy!! Biggrin I'm definitely going to try this.

Re: Vatman's Blue Cheese Burger Recipie - AWOL - 03-29-2009 03:46 PM

Not that I mind changing it, but please look at the sticky/ies.

Re: Vatman's Blue Cheese Burger Recipie - Vatman - 03-30-2009 10:23 AM

火 Wrote:Not that I mind changing it, but please look at the sticky/ies.
meh...You don't need to standardize it....I believe the format I used was not only legible but also very easily interpretable. If you change it I will not have any complaints but I don't see any need for me to change it.

http://food.yahoo.com/recipes/eatingwel ... beef-stew/

Re: Vatman's Blue Cheese Burger Recipie - Thought Criminal - 03-30-2009 10:29 AM

火 Wrote:Not that I mind changing it, but please look at the sticky/ies.
lol wut?

Re: Vatman's Blue Cheese Burger Recipie - MM - 03-30-2009 10:31 AM

There shouldn't have to be a format for posting recipes. If the recipe is easily understood & interpreted, then that's all that should matter.

Re: Vatman's Blue Cheese Burger Recipie - monkey - 04-04-2009 03:53 PM

So are the ground beef patties cooked as a unit? Or is the ground beef broken up then formed into patties?

Re: Vatman's Blue Cheese Burger Recipie - Thought Criminal - 04-05-2009 04:47 PM

It may be different with this recipe but when I make burgers I form a patty and grill them like that.

Re: Vatman's Blue Cheese Burger Recipie - random_name - 04-06-2009 03:40 AM

I'd try this if i didnt hate blue cheese.

Re: Vatman's Blue Cheese Burger Recipie - Pieman - 04-06-2009 03:51 AM

Looks awesome. I'll have to try it sometime.

Re: Vatman's Blue Cheese Burger Recipie - Vatman - 04-06-2009 12:04 PM

--monkey666-- Wrote:So are the ground beef patties cooked as a unit? Or is the ground beef broken up then formed into patties?

I am not sure exactly what your asking, but the two patties with blue cheese filling are cooked as a unit.
Quote:I'd try this if i didnt hate blue cheese.
You can also try it with cheddar cheese or American.

Re: Vatman's Blue Cheese Burger Recipie - random_name - 04-06-2009 11:32 PM

I may have a go at it then. Maybe.

Re: Vatman's Blue Cheese Burger Recipie - Vatman - 04-16-2009 08:21 AM

I found a similar recipe to mine online, and tried to make it myself. Came out amazingly, its slightly more complex than mine, but if your a fan of mushrooms and have never found a way to incorporate them in your burger properly. This is the video for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUyK16Wne0c

Re: Vatman's Blue Cheese Burger Recipie - ~Mystery~ - 04-16-2009 08:58 AM

Thanks Vat, Just had it last weekend Smile

Re: Vatman's Blue Cheese Burger Recipie - Thought Criminal - 04-16-2009 09:34 AM

I'm making it tonight with pepper jack cheese Biggrin I shall report on the tastiness of this awesome invention when I hath devoured it.