School Survival Forums
Vegetables and fruit - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Food & Cooking (/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Thread: Vegetables and fruit (/showthread.php?tid=9819)

Vegetables and fruit - Trar - 04-04-2009 10:36 AM

So, whenever I see a vegetable or fruit(like a mango), I always think "OH HOW DELICIOUS THAT LOOKS! I WANT TO BITE INTO IT'S SUCCULENT, NATURAL FLESH!" Problem is, my past experiences with vegetables weren't good. That is, they all tasted like railroad ties and monkey snot. AKA they tasted bitter and shitty. I don't want to wait until middle age when my taste buds will have died so much that they taste good. Maybe I have a gene that makes vegetables taste horrible.

I'm fine with bananas, potatoes, and fruit juice, BTW.

Re: Vegetables and fruot - MM - 04-04-2009 10:37 AM

Lol I think a mango is a fruit.

Re: Vegetables and fruit - SoulRiser - 04-04-2009 02:37 PM

I don't like most vegetables either. But I like fruit.

Re: Vegetables and fruit - MM - 04-05-2009 12:19 AM

I have an allergy to natural fruits and vegetables, which causes my lips to burn and swell up, and that back of my throat to itch. There's also a small chance that my throat will completely swell up, probably killing me in the process. So I try to avoid that.

Re: Vegetables and fruit - Alucard483 - 04-05-2009 05:28 AM

vegetables are hardly ever good raw. A few exceptions being carrots, celery and a few select others. Most vegetables require cooking to bring out thier good flavors. For instance onions are actually rather sweet tasting if sauted.

Re: Vegetables and fruit - patterson19 - 04-07-2009 09:40 PM

Enjoy lots of fruits and vegetables. If you're watching your weight, these foods will give you vitamins, minerals and fiber with few calories. They're low in fat and sodium and contain no cholesterol. Be sure to include fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C and vitamin A.

Choose from all fresh, frozen, canned or dried vegetables and fruits.

Shopping and preparation tips

* Check labels for the sodium content of canned and frozen vegetables and soups. Buy those with low amounts.
* Steaming and microwaving vegetables are ideal ways to prepare them.
* When cooking, use sparingly fats and oils low in saturated fats. (See Fats and Oils.)
* Fresh or canned fruit, gelatin containing fruit and dried fruit are good choices for a low-fat dessert.
* If you need more iron, eat more iron-rich green leafy vegetables. These include spinach, peas, beans (fresh and dried), dried fruits and whole-grain or enriched cereals. Your body can use the iron these foods provide if you eat them along with a good source of vitamin C.
* For snacks, stock up on raw vegetables.

Re: Vegetables and fruit - kristine71 - 07-23-2010 04:49 PM

Beat way to eat fresh vegetables and food is to prepare salad of your favorite vegetables and fruit without peeling them because if you peel them than necessary nutrients in the skin will go off. Add salt or lime juice if you like it it will taste good.

Re: Vegetables and fruit - The Desert Fox - 07-23-2010 04:52 PM

Massive bump.

Re: Vegetables and fruit - Guest - 08-05-2010 03:17 AM

Be sure to include fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C and vitamin A. But I don't like most vegetables either. But I like fruit. but my friends and my parents say me always eat vegetables.

Re: Vegetables and fruit - Raikuron - 08-05-2010 11:09 AM

Stupid or spambot? You decide!

Re: Vegetables and fruit - V.R. - 08-05-2010 06:47 PM

Raikuron Wrote:Stupid or spambot? You decide!

The sig gives it away.

Re: Vegetables and fruit - Night - 08-22-2010 04:02 AM

Ok, baby green beans are great, you have to like cook it in butter and salt, and it's just soo good. And baby corn are good too, they like don't even need to be cooked. I've never tried baby asparagus, but my dad says it's like eating candy.

Ok, basically baby vegetables are yummy.
and oranges are the best things to ever be grown.

Re: Vegetables and fruit - Collie - 03-15-2011 10:44 PM

Hey buddy I also like the veggies and fruit's especially mango... That fruit is much tasty and I like that very much... I also have some sort of mango party with my friends and have fun with them most of the time...

RE: Vegetables and fruit - CiaraRichard - 11-26-2011 09:27 PM

Mango, I just love it.Fruits and vegetables can help in calorie control many fruits, vegetables, and legumes are low in calories and high in volume and nutrients.Fruits, vegetables, and legumes are packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and other nutrients.Different vegetables are rich in different nutrients, so we should aim for a variety of vegetables.Specially dark green and leafy vegetables, fruits , beans and peas.

RE: Vegetables and fruit - Efs - 11-26-2011 09:29 PM

Fruit has a much sweeter taste, and more sugar. Vegetables have none or less sugar and less or no fat. I enjoy both, since I'm a health freak. But fruit tastes better!

RE: Vegetables and fruit - fish20 - 04-12-2012 01:25 PM

Mfw putting this forum in General Talk = instant activity

RE: Vegetables and fruit - Stadium - 04-12-2012 01:26 PM

What the hell? What kind of spambot is that??

RE: Vegetables and fruit - fish20 - 04-12-2012 01:36 PM

A Vegetarian Vietnamese Travel Bot

RE: Vegetables and fruit - blood drop - 04-23-2012 05:25 PM

All fruits and vegetables are very healthy and it gives lot of vitamins to our body. I know when I was in little age I also wouldn’t like to eat vegetables.

RE: Vegetables and fruit - fish20 - 04-23-2012 05:35 PM

This thread is filled with bots.

RE: Vegetables and fruit - Prince Rilian - 04-24-2012 01:53 AM

I saw somewhere on tv that you could add sugar to vegetables that you don't like so you like them more and then decrease the amount of sugar and yeah then you get used to just eating the vegetables.