School Survival Forums
One simple and easy change schools can make. - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Alternative Learning & Income (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: One simple and easy change schools can make. (/showthread.php?tid=9331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: One simple and easy change schools can make. - RashedMohamed - 10-08-2013 02:21 PM

Spending eight long hours every day at the same old building filled with obnoxious children of different ages isn’t as easy as one thinks it to be. What’s more, the never-ending homework that accompanies the students only adds to the hatred towards school. Undoubtedly, school is annoying and boring with a lot of effort going towards attaining good grades. Nonetheless, school is highly important; hence, the reason why your parents pressurize you to work so hard. Giving school a miss means that you are missing out an important stage of your life. Thus, out of the few negatives that come across going to school, it definitely has several positives as well. Glance through the following lines to know the importance of school.

Why School is Importance?

RE: One simple and easy change schools can make. - no - 10-08-2013 08:24 PM

^ Die.

RE: One simple and easy change schools can make. - brainiac3397 - 10-09-2013 04:24 AM

(10-08-2013 08:24 PM)planetfall666 Wrote:  ^ Die.

I hereby revoke the "Not-A-Bot" title, and bestow upon him the shameful "Annoying-But-Smart-Bot".

RE: One simple and easy change schools can make. - oku - 10-30-2013 09:15 AM

John Holt's 2 cents:[/YouTube]

One simple and easy change schools can make. - Gwedin - 10-30-2013 07:54 PM

I followed that link, glanced down the page and saw that one of the reasons is "Allows You to Socialize". *sigh*

EDIT: Oh, and OP, what is this one easy change that schools can make?

One simple and easy change schools can make. - oku - 10-31-2013 02:53 AM

In real world, you interact with people of different age. Schools are one of the few rare institutions that segregate people by age.

Besides, schools are for showing off, not for socializing.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/freedom-learn/201309/schools-are-good-showing-not-learning

One simple and easy change schools can make. - Kartini - 03-16-2015 07:16 PM

I think that you are on to a good idea here. The problem is that some elementary school students could probably manage to pass and then once it's been proven that they can do it, other elementary school students will want to try the exam too. I could actually see many young students passing...if they studied the right books.....and then schools and governments would look really bad. Why? Because they have kept many students in school longer than they should have and if they were capable of passing the final exam.....it means schools have wasted a lot of students' time and tax payers money.

This leads on to another topic....1 hour speeches. I'll open another thread to discuss this.

One simple and easy change schools can make. - SoulRiser - 03-17-2015 09:02 AM

People would probably also figure out at some point just how little knowledge of value most tests & exams actually measure.