School Survival Forums
Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Philosophy, Politics & History (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians (/showthread.php?tid=9085)

Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - Milk2Go - 05-24-2009 07:10 AM

How could you be so cruel to those poor little defenseless plants? You never asked them if they wanted to be forced into a processing plant and eaten. Plants are living things, and just because they can't talk doesn't mean that they're being hurt every single day by you assholes. You need to respect living organisms, no matter how simple they are.

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - Double - 05-24-2009 07:50 AM

I liked you more back when you weren't such a troll.

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - Sunbourn - 05-24-2009 07:54 AM

When you're sick you kill millions of germs when you take medicine to cure it, so don't do it and save millions of living organisms.

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - thewake - 05-24-2009 07:55 AM

You bring up a good point in your sarcastic post, Bobman. Anyone who wants to survive has to eat something that was once alive. So, why must I restrict myself to plants? I feel a desire to eat tasty animals too.

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - Swift - 05-24-2009 11:19 AM

Weswammy Wrote:You bring up a good point in your sarcastic post, Bobman. Anyone who wants to survive has to eat something that was once alive. So, why must I restrict myself to plants? I feel a desire to eat tasty animals too.

BMP wasn't being sarcastic, his hate for animal rights runs deep.

Whatever BMP said earlier, that's how I feel.

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - the forgotten - 05-24-2009 01:10 PM

Ah, but wolf, how do we know that within a plant's cells, for they are rather complex, sensations can not be felt? For all we know, plant life may have an advanced, unknown form of sensory perception different from that of what we feel?

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - SoulRiser - 05-25-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:When you're sick you kill millions of germs when you take medicine to cure it, so don't do it and save millions of living organisms.
This. They have lives, and a need to procreate. By curing yourself of disease, you're taking away their chances at keeping their species alive!

And I saw some documentary somewhere about plants that could "sense" when certain kinds of insects were in the area. I can't remember much about it now. But it was interesting.

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - Milk2Go - 05-25-2009 02:43 AM

|55555| Wrote:When you're sick you kill millions of germs when you take medicine to cure it, so don't do it and save millions of living organisms.
Exactly.
Why doesn't PETA care? I thought they were for the rights of all living organisms. Bacteria are living organisms. Why doesn't PETA care about them?

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - the forgotten - 05-25-2009 02:56 AM

Because one is directly harmful to people, and one isn't.

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - NowhereWoman - 05-25-2009 05:54 AM

Look, imo, there's nothing wrong with being vegetarian or believing that animal cruelty is wrong, because it is, and being vegetarian is a possible option that can be healthy and it's a personal choice.
But when you're trying to call fish 'sea kittens' to keep people from eating fish...
like PETA...
that's overboard.

Thing is, people shouldn't feel BAD for eating something that was once alive. It's basically what humans and any other omnivore/carnivore were meant to do.
But if someone wants to become vegetarian for a different reason, that's fine. I dunno, protesting the CURRENT system of making animals into food?
I think the methods they use nowadays are too cruel, and I could easily justify not eating meat because of that.
But I don't feel guilty because I don't turn vegetarian.
That's the difference.

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - Milk2Go - 05-25-2009 06:25 AM

the forgotten Wrote:Because one is directly harmful to people, and one isn't.
Actually, bacteria isn't that harmful to people. Only 1% of all bacteria in the world cause disease. And the other 99% are actually very important.

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - NowhereWoman - 05-26-2009 09:43 AM

CrayolaColours Wrote:Does PETA really call fish "Sea kittens"?! We're all screwed. Noo

http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - Milk2Go - 05-26-2009 12:08 PM

It's a sea kitten.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: strange-fish1.jpg]

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - aaaaaaasd - 05-27-2009 04:04 AM

Here kitty kitty kitty! Here kitty-

OW! It tore my face off!

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - thewake - 05-27-2009 07:18 AM

To clear up any misunderstandings, here's my view:
Animals are resources. They aren't people. I personally like to not be be mean to mine, but you do what you want to.

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - Sociopath - 05-27-2009 07:26 AM

THIS IS HORRIBLE! Each year, millions of cute, defenseless puppies are being eaten by bloodthirsty Chinese peoplez, donate money to our fund so we may construct a nuclear weapon in which to eradicate those chinks!

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - thewake - 05-27-2009 07:29 AM

TrueAnarchist Wrote:THIS IS HORRIBLE! Each year, millions of cute, defenseless puppies are being eaten by bloodthirsty Chinese peoplez, donate money to our fund so we may construct a nuclear weapon in which to eradicate those chinks!
OR we could respect their culinary tastes and not go there on vacation so as to not be exposed to Saint Bernard meat.

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - Milk2Go - 05-27-2009 07:37 AM

TrueAnarchist Wrote:chinks!
Don't be a fucking racist asshole, you dirty nigger.

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - Sociopath - 05-27-2009 08:18 AM

BobManPerson Wrote:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:chinks!
Don't be a fucking racist asshole, you dirty nigger.
Dont be a fucking cock-swinging porch nigger, you dirty racist chink spick, we need to learn to accept eachothers differences as smelly, angry old wetback communists

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - Sociopath - 05-27-2009 08:27 AM

Laugh

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - S. - 05-27-2009 10:38 AM

BobManPerson Wrote:How could you be so cruel to those poor little defenseless plants? You never asked them if they wanted to be forced into a processing plant and eaten. Plants are living things, and just because they can't talk doesn't mean that they're being hurt every single day by you assholes. You need to respect living organisms, no matter how simple they are.
Yeah, lets eat rocks.

Re: Question for all pro-animal rights vegetarians - aaaaaaasd - 05-27-2009 09:30 PM

CrayolaColours Wrote:Awww. How cute.

How can you say it's cute?!
It tore my face off!