School Survival Forums
The evils and stupidity of religon! - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: The evils and stupidity of religon! (/showthread.php?tid=878)

Pages: 1 2

The evils and stupidity of religon! - Nale Dixon - 05-23-2011 02:49 PM

Religion is pure nonsense and stupidity! Just look at all the evil it is doing to our society today:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMTBR4uaJDqwHRUuagPxD...mp;amp;t=1]

[Image: Gandhi-2dqmcg4.jpg]

[Image: 82243.jpg]

[Image: 200px-Wade_Watts_on_Justice_American_Style.jpg]

It does nothing but spread ignorance and violence. We should stop this crisis by burning churches and killing them for our own good!

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - Sociopath - 05-23-2011 02:57 PM

A few people does not make up for thousands of years of genocide, torture, corruption, violence, nuder, animal sacrifice, rape, slavery etc.

I refuse to respect religious beliefs. And I refuse to respect those who hold them; your willful ignorance is inexcusable and it disgusts me.

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - LOON_ATTIC - 05-23-2011 03:02 PM

Christianity losing its erection:
[Image: _A-l_pet-stor-sxe5_1192319g.jpg]

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - Nale Dixon - 05-23-2011 03:03 PM

Sociopath Wrote:A few people does not make up for thousands of years of genocide, torture, corruption, violence, nuder, animal sacrifice, rape, slavery etc.

I refuse to respect religious beliefs. And I refuse to respect those who hold them; your willful ignorance is inexcusable and it disgusts me.

Exactly what I have been trying to say, you nailed it. No way we are going to respect the beliefs of people who dare try and find truth, since they are obviously violent because some people before them were violent!

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - Sociopath - 05-23-2011 03:06 PM

Nale Dixon Wrote:
Sociopath Wrote:A few people does not make up for thousands of years of genocide, torture, corruption, violence, nuder, animal sacrifice, rape, slavery etc.

Exactly what I have been trying to say, you nailed it. No way we are going to respect the beliefs of people who dare try and find truth, since they are obviously violent because some people before them were violent!
Maybe not all people, but the core is violent. Also, modern religion instill morality. Morality is logicless and flawed. People who uphold religion uphold all the bad shit that happened
in past time.

also, "find truth"? TRUTH is the biggest enemy religion has.

Science is the truth. not a bunch of stories that can't be proven.

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - Nale Dixon - 05-23-2011 03:08 PM

Oh and more evil folks to look out for:

http://www.topfloormusic.com/keywords/J ... rane_8.jpg CURSE THE EVILS OF RELIGIONS FOR MAKING PICTURES TOO BIG

[Image: dizzybebop.jpg]

[Image: jlc_bdc3.jpg]

[Image: 432px-Nikola_from_1294.jpg]

BEWARE FOLKS

Oh, and way to go TA. keep on nailing it!

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - Sociopath - 05-23-2011 03:14 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_L ... of_Tripura

[Image: ULFA.jpg]

[Image: adolf-hitler.jpg]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism

You were saying?

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - Nale Dixon - 05-23-2011 03:18 PM

Oh, why didn't I think of those examples? Thanks for helping in my battle against religion. Since those guys are religious, I think it is alright to say everyone who is religious is evil and should be killed out of their ignorance. Oh, and you seem to act like I am debating against you. Why is that?

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - Sociopath - 05-23-2011 03:22 PM

Nale Dixon Wrote:Oh, why didn't I think of those examples? Thanks for helping in my battle against religion.
You're welcome! But really, Hitler did most of it, I just helped with the arguing and stuff.

Nale Dixon Wrote:Since those guys are religious, I think it is alright to say everyone who is religious is evil
I don't believe in morality.

Nale Dixon Wrote:and should be killed out of their ignorance.
I never said that. I think religion should be destroyed, not the people.

Nale Dixon Wrote:Oh, and you seem to act like I am debating against you. Why is that?
Because I :troll: u

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - SaintVicious - 05-23-2011 03:59 PM

Religon is fine just don't expect anyone else to believe you. I think there is something all powerfull up there but it isnt the christian god. If nothing else i hope god is nothing like christians expect because there assholes about it and i dont want them saying hurr durr i was right.

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - HeartofShadows - 05-24-2011 12:12 AM

I guess its troll religion week.

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - UnschoolShqiponjë - 05-24-2011 12:18 AM

Nënë Tereza was Albanian.... representin Shqipëria.

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - aaaaaaasd - 05-24-2011 12:37 AM

TA, enough with the anti-theism shit. It does not make you cool or funny, and people who kill over religion would kill for different reasons had religion not existed.

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - HeartofShadows - 05-24-2011 02:15 AM

BaronVonStrangle Wrote:TA, enough with the anti-theism shit. It does not make you cool or funny, and if humanity would kill over religion then it would kill for different reasons had religion not existed.

Fixed.

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - Sociopath - 05-24-2011 03:05 AM

BaronVonStrangle Wrote:TA, enough with the anti-theism shit. It does not make you cool or funny, and people who kill over religion would kill for different reasons had religion not existed.
I ain't trying to be cool or funny. And YES I KNOW people kill over other things as well.

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - SoulRiser - 05-25-2011 09:41 PM

Nale Dixon Wrote:We should stop this crisis by burning churches and killing them for our own good!
Yeah, because that totally won't provoke any more violence in return. Rolleyes

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - TheOmegaJuggalo - 05-26-2011 12:35 AM

Sociopath Wrote:Maybe not all people, but the core is violent. Also, modern religion instill morality. Morality is logicless and flawed. People who uphold religion uphold all the bad shit that happened
in past time.

also, "find truth"? TRUTH is the biggest enemy religion has.

Science is the truth. not a bunch of stories that can't be proven.

The funny part is how crazed anti-theist zealots like yourself treat science like a religion. lol

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - SoulRiser - 05-26-2011 12:51 AM

TheOmegaJuggalo Wrote:The funny part is how crazed anti-theist zealots like yourself treat science like a religion. lol
This verily. Giggle

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - Phrozen_Soul - 05-26-2011 04:58 AM

Nale Dixon Wrote:Religion is pure nonsense and stupidity! Just look at all the evil it is doing to our society today:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMTBR4uaJDqwHRUuagPxD...mp;amp;t=1]

[Image: Gandhi-2dqmcg4.jpg]

[Image: 82243.jpg]

[Image: 200px-Wade_Watts_on_Justice_American_Style.jpg]

It does nothing but spread ignorance and violence. We should stop this crisis by burning churches and killing them for our own good!

:troll: This has got to be one of the biggest piece of troll ever. Is that Gandhi? I rest my case.

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT - 05-26-2011 09:53 AM

Lunatic Wrote:Christianity losing its erection:

BLACK METAL!!!! INTRO...
DUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN!

Watch on YouTube

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - HeartofShadows - 05-26-2011 12:05 PM

I was right!
It is troll religion month! Laugh

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - LOON_ATTIC - 05-26-2011 02:38 PM

hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:
Lunatic Wrote:Christianity losing its erection:

BLACK METAL!!!! INTRO...
DUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN-NUN!

Watch on YouTube
Fuck yeah!
THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT BLACK METAL

Watch on YouTube

KISS wannabees FTW

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - TheOmegaJuggalo - 05-27-2011 07:48 AM

Ah, hell. While we're at it...

Watch on YouTube

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - LOON_ATTIC - 05-27-2011 09:46 AM

Yay!

Watch on YouTube

Watch on YouTube
somehow it's extremely fucking hard for me to find decent black metal songs,since I'm barely into it

Dunno about this one. Don't have time to listen to it.

Watch on YouTube

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - gore goroth - 05-30-2011 09:25 AM

Watch on YouTube

This is what I think about religion. Fu

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - LOON_ATTIC - 05-30-2011 02:55 PM

gore goroth Wrote:

Watch on YouTube

This is what I think about religion. Fu
Sounds pretty awesome.

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - psychopath - 05-30-2011 04:49 PM

TheOmegaJuggalo Wrote:The funny part is how crazed anti-theist zealots like yourself treat science like a religion. lol

Nice try pulling the science is religion card. Where did he treat it like a religion?

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - Bob Dole - 05-31-2011 12:16 AM

psychopath Wrote:

Nice try pulling the science is religion card. Where did he treat it like a religion?
"Science is the truth", is what he's referring to, I think. Science is an abstract idea that is often accorded near-religious significance in the minds of some, ignoring the real nitty-gritty of the scientific method and the scientific process. While I respect people who take the position that no sort of higher power exists because insufficient evidence exists for their existence, but keep an open mind and do not take the position that there is no way that any sort of higher beings could exist. Certainty is the enemy of all reasoned inquiry, because once you start to take certain things for granted, you risk having those certainties ripped out from underneath you and leaving you to fall.

Hardcore anti-theism is as much a danger as fundamentalist, radical theism. Both take the position that "everyone should think like me". Except it's "All religions are stupid, everyone should reject them, like me" versus "My religion is the only true religion. Everyone should believe as I believe." Both ways of thinking lead to closed-mindedness and a lack of tolerance and acceptance.

Honestly, whether a god exists or not doesn't matter to me. The important thing is whether people think a god exists. I think religious belief will be around for a long time, so it's better, as with any ideology, to discourage the radical, violent aspects and encourage the better parts.

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - TheOmegaJuggalo - 05-31-2011 03:12 AM

FightforRight Wrote:"Science is the truth", is what he's referring to, I think. Science is an abstract idea that is often accorded near-religious significance in the minds of some, ignoring the real nitty-gritty of the scientific method and the scientific process. While I respect people who take the position that no sort of higher power exists because insufficient evidence exists for their existence, but keep an open mind and do not take the position that there is no way that any sort of higher beings could exist. Certainty is the enemy of all reasoned inquiry, because once you start to take certain things for granted, you risk having those certainties ripped out from underneath you and leaving you to fall.

Hardcore anti-theism is as much a danger as fundamentalist, radical theism. Both take the position that "everyone should think like me". Except it's "All religions are stupid, everyone should reject them, like me" versus "My religion is the only true religion. Everyone should believe as I believe." Both ways of thinking lead to closed-mindedness and a lack of tolerance and acceptance.

Honestly, whether a god exists or not doesn't matter to me. The important thing is whether people think a god exists. I think religious belief will be around for a long time, so it's better, as with any ideology, to discourage the radical, violent aspects and encourage the better parts.

This.

He treated it as a religion when he decided that everything else was automatically false, and that everyone who doesn't believe what he believes is stupid. That's a simplified version of what hardcore Christians, Muslims, and most other religious people believe. lol

Keep in mind that while the existence of a higher power cannot be proven, it also cannot be disproven. Even a belief in no higher power is blind faith, because we don't know the answer, and I doubt we ever will.

Re: The evils and stupidity of religon! - SoulRiser - 05-31-2011 04:20 AM

Amen. As far as I'm concerned, anything is possible, even stuff we humans have already "proven" true or false or whatever we prove stuff as. Our entire reality could be a dream world or simulation, and then all our 'proof' would be based on that, and would only hold true for our little 'reality' bubble... unless there was a way to bypass the rules of the simulation, which might also be possible. You just never know...