School Survival Forums
Math problems need answered - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Homework Help & Answers (/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Math problems need answered (/showthread.php?tid=7882)

Math problems need answered - themikoinblue - 09-10-2009 08:39 AM

Since math in general is my mortal enemy and my Algebra 2 teacher spent class talking about ancient Egypt and Caesar. I spent time to work on my manga. Can you help me answer these problems for my homework?

|x-1|=5x+10

|2x-3|=4z-1

|3x+5|=5x+2

3|4w-1 |-5=10

Re: Math problems need answered - Desu - 09-10-2009 09:02 AM

Since you're a weeaboo. I will gladly answered you're questions. What sort of anime do you watch?

Most linear absolute value equations will produce 2 different values that satisfy the equation. Observe:

Code:
|x-1|=5x+10

(1)
x-1 = 5x+10
x = 5x + 11
-4x = 11
x = -(11/4)

(2)
x-1 = -(5x + 10)
x-1 = -5x - 10
x = -5x - 9
6x = -9
x = -(9/6)
x = -(3/2)

The answer is x = -(11/4) , -(3/2)

Code:
|2x-3|=4z-1 <<< I'm going to assume this was a typo.

(1)
2x-3 = 4x-1
2x = 4x + 2
-2x = 2
x = -1

(2)
2x-3 = -(4x - 1)
2x - 3 = -4x + 1
2x = -4x + 4
6x = 4
x = 2/3

The answer is x = -1 , 2/3

Code:
|3x+5|=5x+2

(1)
3x+5 = 5x+2
3x = 5x - 3
-2x = -3
x = 3/2

(2)
3x+5 = -(5x + 2)
3x+5 = -5x - 2
3x = -5x - 7
8x = -7
x = -(7/8)

x = 3/2 , -(7/8)

Code:
3|4w-1 |-5=10

(1)
3|4w - 1| = 15
|4w - 1| = 5
4w - 1 = 5
4w = 6
w = 3/2

(2)
Using the result from above...
|4w - 1| = 5
4w - 1 = -5
4w = -4
w = -1

w = -1, 3/2

Re: Math problems need answered - themikoinblue - 09-10-2009 12:04 PM

hmm I watch various genre's from shoujo to horror. Right now i'm in my vampire anime phase. Go hellsing!

Re: Math problems need answered - CrayolaColours - 09-10-2009 12:41 PM

themikoinblue Wrote:hmm I watch various genre's from shoujo to horror. Right now i'm in my vampire anime phase. Go hellsing!
What of Vampire Knight? O.O Oh shiz, the manga must've updated five times by now.

(Didn't expect me to be slightly weeaboo did you? I think that's the first anyone here has heard of it.)

Anyway, I'm off to manga fox.

Re: Math problems need answered - AWOL - 09-10-2009 04:16 PM

For popular manga you might want to use OneManga. I prefer MangaFox for the most risque of manga however, as they tend to update those more.

http://mangadownload.net/ Very good place for downloading manga, although some of their chapters/volumes/series have been flipped (from right-left to left-right)

It died... Shit.

Re: Math problems need answered - CrayolaColours - 09-13-2009 12:45 PM

I do the same, but for some reason I've been going to mangafox more. Oh shit, I'm ditzy, I didn't finish Vampire Knight yet...

Re: Math problems need answered - AWOL - 09-13-2009 02:11 PM

I've been reading Dance in The Vampire Bund recently. It's a good manga. It contains some loli, but the main attraction is the plotline.

Re: Math problems need answered - Hanny - 09-14-2009 05:58 AM

Everyone go read or watch Strawberry Panic. and Chi's Sweet Home.

Re: Math problems need answered - random_name - 09-14-2009 06:16 AM

CrayolaColours Wrote:I do the same, but for some reason I've been going to mangafox more. Oh shit, I'm ditzy, I didn't finish Vampire Knight yet...

I'm watching the vampire MKnight anime. Nearly finished episode 13. i think thats the last one, then vampire knight Guilty?

Re: Math problems need answered - Frost Elf - 10-12-2009 08:28 AM

AWOL Wrote:For popular manga you might want to use OneManga. I prefer MangaFox for the most risque of manga however, as they tend to update those more.
CrayolaColours Wrote:Anyway, I'm off to manga fox.

you're on mf? didn't expect for anyone on this site to be...

Re: Math problems need answered - MorikoMisa - 10-12-2009 08:34 AM

Hanny Wrote:Everyone go read or watch Strawberry Panic. and Chi's Sweet Home.

Yes and yes. Laugh

Anyone read or watched FMA lately? Just finished the Anime and almost caught up on the Manga.

Also MangaFox was my favorite until someone *cough*Loxor*cough* introduced me to OneManga.

Re: Math problems need answered - CrayolaColours - 10-12-2009 08:40 AM

MorikoElven Wrote:

Yes and yes. Laugh

Anyone read or watched FMA lately? Just finished the Anime and almost caught up on the Manga.

Also MangaFox was my favorite until someone *cough*Loxor*cough* introduced me to OneManga.
But MF has more, but One Manga updates quicker. Also, I watched FMA, I have a friend that adores Edward Elric. She wants to get a B-day cake with him on it. I always waned to get around to reading the manga.

Re: Math problems need answered - MorikoMisa - 10-12-2009 08:44 AM

CrayolaColours Wrote:
MorikoElven Wrote:

Yes and yes. Laugh

But MF has more, but One Manga updates quicker. Also, I watched FMA, I have a friend that adores Edward Elric. She wants to get a B-day cake with him on it. I always wanted to get around to reading the manga.

You'd be surprised how much of a difference there is between the Manga and the Anime, especially after lab 5. Also Yay for your friend, Edward Elric is one of my heroes!

Re: Math problems need answered - Loxor - 10-12-2009 06:42 PM

MorikoElven Wrote:Yes and yes. Laugh

Wink

You have not caught up, next chapter is OUT.

Hanny Wrote:Everyone go read Pluto
Fix'd <3

But MF has more, but One Manga updates quicker. Also, I watched FMA, I have a friend that adores Edward Elric. She wants to get a B-day cake with him on it. I always waned to get around to reading the manga.[/quote]

MF is always slower for me.

Never allow the anime to substitute for a manga, it will take the story in a different direction.