School Survival Forums
The Future - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Support & Psychology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Forum: Our Ever-Shifting Imaginations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: The Future (/showthread.php?tid=78)

The Future - RaiserZero - 09-15-2011 12:42 PM

I've always wondered about the future. Not the close future, but the future in like 100,400 or 1000 years. I always feel bad about the fact that I'll probably never know what it'll be like. Does anyone else feel the same?

Re: The Future - Blobthe15 - 09-15-2011 12:43 PM

Good News Bro

Watch on YouTube
You might live to see it.

Re: The Future - aaaaaaasd - 09-16-2011 04:34 AM

Quote:In the future the world was dark and scarry. One day Combines came and noone knew why. Combines were robot things that werent robots with ugly faces and sometimes glowing eyes and slaved people in the city and made them angry and sad. Henry Freeman who was living in the city and with his mom said "mom why are Combines here" and she said "Henry Freeman Combines are from science and outter space and hate humens."
and now you know

Re: The Future - The Desert Fox - 09-16-2011 06:49 AM

BaronVonStrangle Wrote:
Quote:In the future the world was dark and scarry. One day Combines came and noone knew why. Combines were robot things that werent robots with ugly faces and sometimes glowing eyes and slaved people in the city and made them angry and sad. Henry Freeman who was living in the city and with his mom said "mom why are Combines here" and she said "Henry Freeman Combines are from science and outter space and hate humens."
and now you know
Another quality post by Baron.

Re: The Future - aaaaaaasd - 09-16-2011 09:53 PM

Oh shut up fox seriously

RE: The Future - denzeldellaghelfa - 05-22-2013 09:11 AM

school sucks

The Future - Lime - 05-23-2013 03:23 PM

This tends to get to me more than the actual dying sometimes. We've still got so much left to discover, and I will be absent for most of it.

RE: The Future - brainiac3397 - 05-24-2013 01:37 AM

Time to get working on a building a supercomputer to connect with my brain and give me almost infinite life. Course that means giving up my body. Maybe Ill save some of my DNA till we perfect human cloning then just make a clone of myself and educate myself with the immense knowledge Ill have hooked up to a supercomputer.

Yep.

RE: The Future - Mælstrom - 05-26-2013 10:29 AM

It scares me how you guys will do anything to escape death. Plants and animals decease by natural means. The oceans will boil off in another billion years, and the Earth will likely get swallowed by the sun, which will also die. Death is probably the universal constant, though through it, new life is born. I know that's really damn nihilistic, but can't you see that? Trying to live forever is to announce that you're a god. We don't need any more egos the size of Jupiter in this world.

RE: The Future - brainiac3397 - 05-26-2013 03:14 PM

Its not escaping death, for me, but encompassing life. Death is indeed natural and will happen to everything, but knowing this is enough to gladly live longer because you know you won't be immortal. Death is what gives me a reason to live and life is the reason I dont fear death. The longer I live, the more I embrace my death.
(If this makes no sense, dont despair. Id consider myself a student of Taoism, which holds quite pararoxical and opposite stances to things).

The Future - Lime - 06-01-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:Trying to live forever is to announce that you're a god.
I wouldn't want to live forever either. Life would decline sharply in quality at that old of an age. In fact, at that point time would seem to pass so quickly that you couldn't be bothered to form any lasting connections with anyone, or perhaps anything for that matter.

Then there's the problem of looking like a mummy, and feeling as such as well.

RE: The Future - optimuswhat - 06-04-2013 07:23 AM

Us humans fuck the Earth up.
That's all that'll happen other then technology related things.