School Survival Forums
Zero Tolerance for 6-Year-Old with spoon - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Youth Rights (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Zero Tolerance for 6-Year-Old with spoon (/showthread.php?tid=7392)

Zero Tolerance for 6-Year-Old with spoon - Liquid - 10-13-2009 06:04 AM

The edufascist system has reach a new level of stupidity. A school in Newark Delaware has suspend a Cub Scout for bringing a toyish swiss-army style fork-knife-spoon to school.

Also I should add that sentencing a 1st Grader "45 days in the district’s reform school" seems a bit... immature...

On the bright side, the little kid seems to be smartest person involved:
Quote:“I just think the other kids may tease me for being in trouble,” he said, pausing before adding, “but I think the rules are what is wrong, not me.”

Edufascists:
Quote:regardless of possessor’s intent knives are banned

New York Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/12/educa ... pline.html

Re: Zero Tolerance for 6-Year-Old with spoon - random_name - 10-13-2009 06:17 AM

Thats very, very stupid. But i think i love the little kid.

Re: Zero Tolerance for 6-Year-Old with spoon - MorikoMisa - 10-13-2009 06:23 AM

I want to adopt that kid!

Re: Zero Tolerance for 6-Year-Old with spoon - Rebelnerd - 10-13-2009 07:17 AM

God, I hope they don't break him. If he keeps that mindset as he grows up, he could really make a difference.

Re: Zero Tolerance for 6-Year-Old with spoon - NowhereWoman - 10-13-2009 09:05 AM

http://www.helpzachary.com/

FUCKIN RAGE but good for his mom for reaching out.
I so am signing the petition, and I'm sending Zach a message.

NOTE: if you do send him a message, remember...he's SIX.

Re: Zero Tolerance for 6-Year-Old with spoon - SoulRiser - 10-13-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:“Zachary wears a suit and tie some days to school by his own choice because he takes school so seriously,” said Debbie Christie, Zachary’s mother
Razz

But yeah, this zero tolerance stuff is really dumb. It's so dumb that the people who have to enforce it even admit it's dumb, yet somehow are powerless to stop it. lolwut?

Re: Zero Tolerance for 6-Year-Old with spoon - IllusoryDeath - 10-13-2009 10:16 AM

Kudos to the six-year-old.

Re: Zero Tolerance for 6-Year-Old with spoon - aerftghyjk - 10-13-2009 10:18 AM

SoulRiser Wrote:It's so dumb that the people who have to enforce it even admit it's dumb, yet somehow are powerless to stop it. lolwut?

That happens at my school all the time.

Re: Zero Tolerance for 6-Year-Old with spoon - Reptorian - 10-13-2009 12:17 PM

Rebelnerd Wrote:God, I hope they don't break him. If he keeps that mindset as he grows up, he could really make a difference.

Totally fucking agreed.

If anyone lives near the 6 years old on the news, influence him to go on to school-survival and we'll help him out. I decided put up a goal to let him grow up questioning the system and keeping with the mindset while trying to prove to him in case if he goes pro-school so that he can truely make a difference in our education status of this country.

Re: Zero Tolerance for 6-Year-Old with spoon - Jackass McAwesome - 10-13-2009 01:39 PM

Quote: influence him to go on to school-survival

*Karate chops your neck* No, we're not subjecting him to that kind of insanity.

But, however, I do find myself entering a Two-mode.

These guys are sentencing him to a reform school for bring a swiss? And he was using it as a SPOON? Jesus Christ, were these fuckers incapable of going "Hey, don't bring it again"?! If these are the kind of people that are in charge of keeping them for a few hours and educating them, if anything, I'd sue, pull my kid into homeschool and say "Fuck them, they need to learn to use some common god damn sense."

Ngrh, I'm remembering some times now.

Re: Zero Tolerance for 6-Year-Old with spoon - CrayolaColours - 10-13-2009 02:17 PM

lolWUT?

Re: Zero Tolerance for 6-Year-Old with spoon - teenagewasteland - 10-13-2009 08:02 PM

I just saw this on the news. Zero tolerance rules are just idiotic, he was eating with it not stabbing anyone! Just like kids getting suspended for bringing a water gun because it "looks like a gun". They aren't hurting anyone.
I have zero tolerance for zero tolerance.

Re: Zero Tolerance for 6-Year-Old with spoon - McGee! - 10-22-2009 12:17 AM

Oni-Chiisu Wrote:Jesus Christ, were these fuckers incapable of going "Hey, don't bring it again"?!
But what if he dosen't listen and kills them with a spoon??!?!? Also,
I know a kid who read somthing similar broght in a spoon and wrote on it "Fear the spoon".

RE: Zero Tolerance for 6-Year-Old with spoon - Superkamiguru - 01-04-2017 07:22 AM

(10-13-2009 06:23 AM)MorikoMisa Wrote:  I want to adopt that kid!