School Survival Forums
Videogame Dreams - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Support & Psychology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Forum: Our Ever-Shifting Imaginations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Videogame Dreams (/showthread.php?tid=6416)

Videogame Dreams - Rebelnerd - 12-17-2009 10:22 AM

These are always so much weirder than movie dreams, because it's always you who's stuck in some crazy situation rather than a character, especially with FPS.
I had a Halo dream once where the Flood had overrun my town were going to kill my dad, and I was running out of time and had to choose whether to save him or to leave him behind and activate this bomb that would wipe them all out. A friend of mine described it as "like the Bible" which I never really understood. I guess because of the idea of sacrifice for the good of humanity or something, I don't know.

But a few days ago I had this dream that there was a nuclear war, and a friend from my hall was trapped in Boston. The last radio communication we got from him was a call for help, saying that they were running out of food and fuel and needed a rescue pronto. So me and a few other people from the dorm (only the people who played Fallout 3, mind you) headed down to Boston. But when we found him, he was in a pristine office building in perfect condition with no sign of any shortages or serious damage. Apparently he'd reestablished order by setting himself up as a brutal warlord who used slave labor and raided the people living nearby. And in real life, this kid is one of the most friendly people I know. But he does play Fallout 3.

Re: Videogame Dreams - Ceiling Cat - 12-17-2009 10:27 AM

As a level designer, I tend to get those a lot. Especially FPS.
Sometimes I even get normal dreams, which are playing on the 'engine' of a certain game, last time it was game mechanics and textures from Quake 2. Like, wtf because I screwed around with that game a good few years ago already.

Re: Videogame Dreams - Thought Criminal - 12-17-2009 10:37 AM

GTA IV and half-life 2

GTA I was just niko running around fucking shit up... scared out of my pants

Half-life I dont remember to well but I know there was some shit with headcrabs trying to get my ass.

Re: Videogame Dreams - Rebelnerd - 12-17-2009 11:01 AM

Ceiling Cat Wrote:As a level designer, I tend to get those a lot. Especially FPS.
Sometimes I even get normal dreams, which are playing on the 'engine' of a certain game, last time it was game mechanics and textures from Quake 2. Like, wtf because I screwed around with that game a good few years ago already.
Oh God, don't ever play Assault Cube then. Everything will be made of blocks.

Re: Videogame Dreams - Cilaos - 12-17-2009 11:16 AM

I have game dreams all the time, including one I had about oblivion 2 nights ago.
Can never remember any details, other than that it was awesome.

Rebelnerd Wrote:But a few days ago I had this dream that there was a nuclear war, and a friend from my hall was trapped in Boston. The last radio communication we got from him was a call for help, saying that they were running out of food and fuel and needed a rescue pronto. So me and a few other people from the dorm (only the people who played Fallout 3, mind you) headed down to Boston. But when we found him, he was in a pristine office building in perfect condition with no sign of any shortages or serious damage. Apparently he'd reestablished order by setting himself up as a brutal warlord who used slave labor and raided the people living nearby. And in real life, this kid is one of the most friendly people I know. But he does play Fallout 3.
Fallout 3 is great, no matter what the super-butthurt oldfag fans might say.
Though it is buggy and prone to crashing, they are right about that.

Lulz, would you believe that I've been playing for over a year, with several thousand hours of play, and I've never played as anything but an ultra good guy?

Re: Videogame Dreams - Rebelnerd - 12-17-2009 11:33 AM

Lol I just finished killing ever single killable character, good and bad, in the entire game. Including every expansion pack. Needless to say, my karma was not particularly high.

Re: Videogame Dreams - Sociopath - 12-17-2009 05:20 PM

When I had started playing Silent Hill 2 I had dreams where i was playing the game...and the images haunted my mind in the darkness...that game has serious psychological effects Uhoh Bigeek

Re: Videogame Dreams - Stealth - 01-06-2010 09:28 PM

Rebelnerd Wrote:
Ceiling Cat Wrote:As a level designer, I tend to get those a lot. Especially FPS.
Oh God, don't ever play Assault Cube then. Everything will be made of blocks.

Isn't Assault Cube an open source free game?Sucks cause 4 weapons only and tons of CS ripoff maps...

I have constant dreams of getting an alienware computer.One time I jumped off my bed and ran to my computer but too good to be true.

Re: Videogame Dreams - Rebelnerd - 01-07-2010 01:16 AM

Stealth Wrote:Isn't Assault Cube an open source free game?Sucks cause 4 weapons only and tons of CS ripoff maps...
Yeah, but for some reason the map editor is incredibly fun. And the game loads in about 3 seconds. Sometimes you aren't in the mood for awesome graphics and immersive gameplay and you just want a quick, easy way to shoot people while iTunes plays Slipknot in the background. Know what I mean?

Re: Videogame Dreams - arthasmenethil - 01-07-2010 12:17 PM

Had a dream I was in Doom once. Cyberdemons aren't too friendly. Neither are Barons of Hell. Good thing I had my trusty super shotgun and BFG 9000(2 of the best fps guns ever).

Re: Videogame Dreams - The Desert Fox - 01-18-2010 04:47 AM

I had a dream where I was in the Kuma/War (war game that puts you in events in the Middle East as they happen, it's free for download) mission where you try and capture Osama Bin Laden, and I was the last guy alive in the four man team. For some reason my rifle and pistol were both out of ammo, so I had some knife fight with OBL, and then right when I was about to kill him, I woke up. It was scary and awesome at the same time.

Re: Videogame Dreams - Pyrokinetic_Punker - 01-18-2010 06:56 PM

I once had a dream where I installed all of the original Sim games, that was my whole dream, I woke up before I even started playing the game. One of the most boring dreams I've ever had.

Re: Videogame Dreams - Loxor - 01-19-2010 04:12 AM

I'm not sure if I've had any.

I'm betting I've had a WoW related one though, good thing I gave that up.