School Survival Forums
Degrees vs. Knowlegde - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Alternative Learning & Income (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Degrees vs. Knowlegde (/showthread.php?tid=604)

Degrees vs. Knowlegde - Malicious M - 06-25-2011 06:20 AM

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this post, but I'm looking for advise. I'm planning on making a cartoon for adults( lots of horror, sex, and violence xD) that teaches college-level math and related subjects like calculus and physics. Do I need a degree in math to do that, or can I just learn it on my own and hire people that have the degree( I plan on staring a tiny animation studio probably)?

Re: Degrees vs. Knowlegde - SaintVicious - 06-25-2011 07:55 AM

You can say anything you want but you won't be credited.
I mean I could sit here all day going on about nuclear physics but none of you would take it seriously.

Re: Degrees vs. Knowlegde - UnschoolShqiponjë - 06-25-2011 08:28 AM

You can hire people who know the math and you can do the animation yourself...of course they'd get a share of profit.

Re: Degrees vs. Knowlegde - Sociopath - 06-25-2011 08:28 AM

Comrade Wrote:You can say anything you want but you won't be credited.
I mean I could sit here all day going on about nuclear physics but none of you would take it seriously.
Why wouldn't we take it seriously? I'm interested...

Re: Degrees vs. Knowlegde - Malicious M - 06-26-2011 01:36 AM

Nah, I'd take you seriously. Btw, nuclear physics is my second favorite branch of physics( thermal's my first). Would you mind telling me all you know about nuclear physics? I'm afraid I only know the basics thus far.

Re: Degrees vs. Knowlegde - SaintVicious - 06-26-2011 01:55 AM

:troll:

Re: Degrees vs. Knowlegde - SoulRiser - 06-26-2011 02:48 AM

Why on earth would you need a degree for that? If you're doing a good job of explaining the stuff, and all your information is valid, I don't see a problem.

Re: Degrees vs. Knowlegde - Efs - 06-26-2011 01:14 PM

A degree is just a piece of paper that proves that you can do the work to your employer. You don't really need it, especially since you're going to be starting the studio yourself. Just find some people to help you out and work. Whether you pay them or not depends on how much they're going to work. But starting a business, usually you need to "gamble" a bit by spending some money on starting your business.

Re: Degrees vs. Knowlegde - Malicious M - 06-27-2011 11:57 PM

Efstratios Prime Wrote:A degree is just a piece of paper that proves that you can do the work to your employer. You don't really need it, especially since you're going to be starting the studio yourself. Just find some people to help you out and work. Whether you pay them or not depends on how much they're going to work. But starting a business, usually you need to "gamble" a bit by spending some money on starting your business.

True that. Thanks, man.

Re: Degrees vs. Knowlegde - Phrozen_Soul - 07-01-2011 06:50 AM

I mean I could sit here all day reading from a website about nuclear physics but none of you would take it seriously.

:troll:

Re: Degrees vs. Knowlegde - Prince Rilian - 07-01-2011 07:18 AM

We would if you showed proofs and sources.