School Survival Forums
L4D2 demo help - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: L4D2 demo help (/showthread.php?tid=6026)

L4D2 demo help - The Desert Fox - 01-13-2010 05:03 PM

I've been scouring the intrawebz for some time now searching for a download link to the Left 4 Dead 2 demo. According to every single info page on said demo, it's avalible for a free download to all PC users on the Steam website, you just have to have a Steam account. I searched the demos on the Steam website, it didn't show up. I registered for an account, and I still couldn't find it. I have googled it more times than I can remember, and found multiple pages containing the download, only to supposedly link me to the Steam page that contained the download. But they all just send me to the Steam homepage.

TL;DR, I want to play the L4D2 demo, which is free to download, but I can't find it anywhere. If you know anywhere where I can get it (without downloading a shitload of links and stuff) please tell me. Pirating is fine too.

Re: L4D2 demo help - Ceiling Cat - 01-13-2010 05:32 PM

Torrenting a full would be much faster.

Re: L4D2 demo help - The Desert Fox - 01-13-2010 05:44 PM

Ceiling Cat Wrote:Torrenting a full would be much faster.
Only thing is, all of the "downloads" of the full version either don't work, are fake, or have to download a shitload of things, which takes hours, and even then there's always an error, where something didn't download correctly.

I have a pirated version of Left 4 Dead waiting on BitTorrent, it's just not downloading.

Re: L4D2 demo help - aaaaaaasd - 01-13-2010 07:16 PM

Hmm. I tried searching for it on the Steam Store, but there's only the game, not the demo. I think the demo was only availible before the game was released. Also, ADD ME ON STEAM GODDAMIT

Re: L4D2 demo help - The Desert Fox - 01-13-2010 08:43 PM

XplodingNoggin Wrote:Hmm. I tried searching for it on the Steam Store, but there's only the game, not the demo. I think the demo was only availible before the game was released. Also, ADD ME ON STEAM GODDAMIT
I don't intend on actually using said steam account. I only got it so I could (supposedly) download the demo.

Re: L4D2 demo help - Ceiling Cat - 01-13-2010 09:00 PM

Steam blows. (pun intended)