School Survival Forums
A Satirical Essay - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Homework Help & Answers (/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: A Satirical Essay (/showthread.php?tid=5416)

A Satirical Essay - Chibi Moon Beam - 02-24-2010 12:47 PM

So my assignment in my British Literature class is to write my own satirical essay. Our own "Modest Proposal" if you will. Since no certain topic or group of topics were specified as required, we have free reign on what we can write about as long as it's not obscene or anything. This gave me the perfect opportunity to spread the word. What did I decide to satirize? None other than US education system. I am currently writing a rough draft and am trying my best to use two-faced flattery to expose and attack all that is wrong with the system. I try to indirectly imply a sort of Orwellian style of indoctrination and authoritarian agenda, but explain it in away that does its best not to blatantly say it. I may run a big risk for writing about this touchy subject, even though we can write about anything within certain common sense guidelines. However, it is a risk I am willing to take, so wish me luck.

Re: A Satirical Essay - Loxor - 02-25-2010 12:33 AM

Good luck, will you post it here?

Re: A Satirical Essay - Chibi Moon Beam - 02-25-2010 07:42 AM

Sure, I'm doing revisions in class so I'll make a 2nd copy of the final draft to take home and edit the rough draft saved on my comp according to the final draft and show it to you.