School Survival Forums
Im tired of processed food bullshit. - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Im tired of processed food bullshit. (/showthread.php?tid=4940)

Pages: 1 2

Im tired of processed food bullshit. - monkey - 04-03-2010 05:30 PM

I swear all I ever here people these days talk about is "LOLZ DON'T EAT THE PROCESSED FOOD!" And the over dramatic documentaries screaming "THE TRUTH WILL SHOCK YOU!" I mean what do you fucking expect your meat to come from. Happy acres farm were when the slaughter animals die peacefully and go to fairyland? I can't understand why people fucking freak out about it. Then there's story's where so and so bleached meat to do so and so. In truth: Isolated incident at some meet packers Every one else: ALL FAST FOOD MEAT IS COVERED IN BLEACH which even if this was true, Rice is bleached along with a host of other products and I don't see anyone screaming about that. And then there's always some dickface going. "DERES ALL TEH ADDITIVES AND SHIT IT KILLS YOUUU!" Yea, there's chlorine in our water supply, And iodine, And depending on region fluoride. All 3 of those are extremely toxic. And were not dead. It's not like some dumbshit has 40 gallons of chlorine to 100 gallons of water. That's the same with additives.

And I love how someone gobbles down a big mac like a jackass and then after seeing some hippy ass video going, "EWW thats so bad these burgers fucking taste horrible!" And screaming how were going to die. Well, Um were not dead.

In short I'm pissed /rant

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - Absnt - 04-03-2010 05:42 PM

I agree.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - Chibi Moon Beam - 04-04-2010 12:56 AM

Mmmmm, I don't know, I heard the additives can cause or increase the risk of cancer. However, the cancers they're linked to are slow growing and can take years to develop. One thing I'm fairly sure of is even if processing doesn't poison food, it sure as hell kills alot of nutrients that would normally be in the food.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - Desu - 04-04-2010 01:28 AM

The problem with overly processed food is that a lot of the original nutrients disappear.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - AWOL - 04-04-2010 01:47 AM

Michio Wrote:The problem with overly processed food is that a lot of the original nutrients disappear.

Which is a good thing if you have too many nutrients. Seriously, it happens.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - Desu - 04-04-2010 02:01 AM

AWOL Wrote:
Michio Wrote:The problem with overly processed food is that a lot of the original nutrients disappear.

Only if you're getting WAY too much. You can overdose on A, D, E, K (potassium) since those are all insoluble, so they build up in your body.

Almost everything is water soluble so you just piss it out.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - AWOL - 04-04-2010 02:04 AM

Michio Wrote:
AWOL Wrote:

Only if you're getting WAY too much. You can overdose on A, D, E, K (potassium) since those are all insoluble, so they build up in your body.

Some people naturally have an overabundance of nutrients, other people eat a diet incredibly high in nutrients. It's not easy to do so if it's not natural, but it is possible.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - CrayolaColours - 04-04-2010 02:40 AM

What I don't get is, instead of fucking bawwing about it, get yourself a few acres and raise your own food. (I plan on doing this when I'm older).

Me, being a bleeding heart, don't like the back that they're not killed peacefully (but I understand why they have to do it, because they'd be there all day and we wouldn't get enough food.)

So, I've decided it would be healthier and more humane to raise my own food.

And jesus christ, haven't these people ever heard of a farm stand?

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - AWOL - 04-04-2010 02:45 AM

Michio Wrote:
AWOL Wrote:

You can get precious explosives potassium if you boil your urine.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - CrayolaColours - 04-04-2010 02:49 AM

AWOL Wrote:You can get precious explosives potassium if you boil your urine.
Wtf

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - magikarp - 04-04-2010 11:08 AM

monkey Wrote:I mean what do you fucking expect your meat to come from. Happy acres farm were when the slaughter animals die peacefully and go to fairyland? I can't understand why people fucking freak out about it.
Dude, you act like how meat is raised is an immutable fact. People choose the way it's done now. People could choose to do it differently.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - CrayolaColours - 04-04-2010 12:48 PM

magikarp Wrote:
monkey Wrote:I mean what do you fucking expect your meat to come from. Happy acres farm were when the slaughter animals die peacefully and go to fairyland? I can't understand why people fucking freak out about it.
Dude, you act like how meat is raised is an immutable fact. People choose the way it's done now. People could choose to do it differently.
But there are so many people on earth, it's like these people have to speed up, or people will starve.

Which is why I laugh for hours straight about idiots who are all "OMG OMG DA POOR ANIMALS" And then have six kids, thus, unknowingly continue the problem.

So, if we would all stop being lazy asses and grow/raise our own food, we wouldn't have this problem.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - AWOL - 04-04-2010 12:49 PM

CrayolaColours Wrote:
AWOL Wrote:You can get precious explosives potassium if you boil your urine.
Wtf

Takes a while to get a good amount, but damn is it worth it. Smells horrible though. Do it outside.

Also, the way we do farming now is moar humane than it was in the past.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - CrayolaColours - 04-04-2010 12:53 PM

O RLY?

Actually, yea, it is. But in the age of family owned farms, It was pretty clean, in other words, no boiling of the chickens alive (yes, I know that's a freak accident). And they weren't kept out of the sun their whole lives.

But, in the beginning of processed food, it was supposedly ten times worse.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - magikarp - 04-04-2010 01:28 PM

CrayolaColours Wrote:
magikarp Wrote:
But there are so many people on earth, it's like these people have to speed up, or people will starve.

Which is why I laugh for hours straight about idiots who are all "OMG OMG DA POOR ANIMALS" And then have six kids, thus, unknowingly continue the problem.

So, if we would all stop being lazy asses and grow/raise our own food, we wouldn't have this problem.
I know. There are many things to consider, and I don't feel like I know enough to have an answer. I'm going to talk anyway, but don't take it too seriously.

Eating too much meat is in itself bad for producing enough food for everyone. The amount of meat Americans (and, as far as I know, people from most Western countries) eat is by no means a biological necessity, and it's much more efficient to use some of the land that would be used to grow grain to feed animals to grow things to feed people. An obvious exception is raising grass-fed cattle on land that can't be used for anything else, but that can't really be an extremely large-scale thing.

There would still be certain problems with raising all your own food. For one, bad weather in particular regions would affect people much more than it does now. Also, I assume it's in certain cases more efficient to mass-produce food. But if you're using land that might otherwise just be a yard or a flower garden, there's nothing to lose there.

Basically, I support large-scale agriculture, genetically modified crops, whatever, only to the extent that they're necessary to feed everyone. I'll admit that I don't know where that line is, and that it's better for the population to not increase more.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - CrayolaColours - 04-04-2010 01:36 PM

Yea, there would definitely be some times where you'd have to just quit bawwing and go to the store, if weather is bad. But my mom used our entire backyard as a garden, and it had to be the best vegetables I've ever tasted. We had more tomatoes that we could even deal with. In fact, we still have some canned downstairs. Plus, my dad makes pickles from scratch, he'll grow some, and buy a shitton from the local farm stand (Which is really cheap, we bought four crates for about eight dollars, and a single peach from there is about 15 cents, makes me wonder how people can go hungry). That's probably the best thing I've ever tasted in the history of ever. They're spicy as ever though, we put two jalapenos in each container.

Anyway... I'm done talking about stuff no one cares about.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - Ceiling Cat - 04-04-2010 01:50 PM

Why would nobody care? The more of the food you make with your own effort, the better it is.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - CrayolaColours - 04-04-2010 01:55 PM

When me and my mom would get the weeds out of the garden, there were always bees around. Damn things. Oh, then I saw this bright yellow spider.
If you're afraid of spiders, I really wouldn't click this:
Hidden stuff:
[Image: yellow_spider_P9090106.jpg]
I'm pretty sure that's what it was, it would make sense, since it's nickname is the garden spider.

EWWWWWW!

Also, ceiling spiders.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - Chibi Moon Beam - 04-04-2010 02:17 PM

I hate bees, I'm deathly afraid of them, spheksophobia sucks.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - CrayolaColours - 04-04-2010 02:19 PM

Chibi Moon Beam Wrote:I hate bees, I'm deathly afraid of them, spheksophobia sucks.
Is that what it's called?

I used to be able to sit next to a beehive without an instant of fear... until one stung me, then I bawwed so fucking hard. I've been scared shitless ever since.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - monkey - 04-04-2010 02:26 PM

I have a fear of things in large groups. Like a bee or a spider is like, whatever. Maybe spiders are kinda creepy if Im surprised by them. But like a large ant hill really freaks me out.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - CrayolaColours - 04-04-2010 03:25 PM

Ants don't scare me at all... unless I happen to be in the rain forest, then I'm pretty sure I'd spend 90% of my time running from shit anyway.

It's just things that bite.

Just yesterday I was doing the dishes, and a white spider crawled out of the sink. In fact, it looked like this:
Hidden stuff:
[Image: fWhite%20Spider.jpg]
I screamed. I was like KEEEEEEEELLLLL EEEETTTTT

But then I felt bed when I smushed it. It's not his fault the poor thing's disgusting and vile.

Oh, and on the same page I found the spider picture, some prick posted a close up of a jumping spider's face. It took up my whole screen (I have a pretty fucking huge screen) I could clearly see each hair on it's hairy head.

I would much rather have been Linda Blair'd. Uhoh

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/showthr ... p=10957113
There's a link to it, if you must see. I'm NOT about to get the image for you.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - Absnt - 04-04-2010 03:33 PM

This is the close up picture of the spiders face.
http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs29/f/2008/159/3/4/171_Lycosa_tarantula_by_Bullter.jpg

If you wan't it.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - CrayolaColours - 04-04-2010 03:34 PM

It was a tarantula? The ginormous eyes looked like a jumping spider ta me... :>_>:

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - AWOL - 04-04-2010 03:37 PM

I fucking hate spiders. And not in the 'zomg spider run away' kinda hate, I mean the 'Spider! KEEL EET WITH FAAIAAAR!!!' kinda hate.

Dad's a pest controller, so yeah.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - CrayolaColours - 04-04-2010 03:39 PM

AWOL Wrote:I fucking hate spiders. And not in the 'zomg spider run away' kinda hate, I mean the 'Spider! KEEL EET WITH FAAIAAAR!!!' kinda hate.

Dad's a pest controller, so yeah.
I'm somewhere in the middle.

I'm afraid of them, but I'd rather "KEEL EET WITH FAAAIIAAAR" As you say.

That doesn't mean I'm okay with that large monstrosity of a picture. I didn't even see the entire thing, I scrolled up too fast.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - AWOL - 04-04-2010 03:41 PM

I'd have taken off my shoe and beaten the shit out of it before it had time to react. Honestly, it wouldn't have time to blink from the time I see it to the time it's dead.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - CrayolaColours - 04-04-2010 03:43 PM

This thread is now about finding the creepiest spider pictures we can find.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - AWOL - 04-04-2010 03:46 PM

Please, no.

Re: Im tired of processed food bullshit. - Absnt - 04-04-2010 03:46 PM

Hidden stuff:
[Image: Wolf%20Spider%20with%20babies%204-23-08%201.JPG]

[Image: spider-hell.jpg]

[Image: spider-house-on-carpet-in-London-England...-6-DHD.jpg]