School Survival Forums
When you first came onto the internet... - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Funny Stuff (/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: When you first came onto the internet... (/showthread.php?tid=4611)

Pages: 1 2

When you first came onto the internet... - Raikuron - 04-28-2010 12:01 AM

How did you type/behave/etc.? How did you find out about it?

I will answer first. I used txtspeek and 1337 A LOT!!! I acted even more of a retard than I act now! You could probably Google "killah" "killah42" "anotherrandomguy42" "t3hgam3r", and "t3hg4m3r" for some lulz and traces of just-got-a-computer-and-set-up-internet 5 minutes ago. I found out about it by asking what websites in commercials were, I think... Man, I just know I am gonna get ripped on what I did on my old usernames... My old E-mail was killah@bored.com, but the boredmail servers were shut down or something, so now I have a yahoo. God, I did some things I regret A LOT!!!!

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - The Desert Fox - 04-28-2010 12:08 AM

Admittedly, I was pretty stupid in my first few-several months on the intarwebz. Excessive exclamations and caps lock cruise control ran rampant in my early time. SS was the first forum I was ever a member of, which would explain why lots of my early posts were annoying.

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - aaaaaaasd - 04-28-2010 01:38 AM

Ellis Wrote:Admittedly, I was pretty stupid in my first few-several months on the intarwebz. Excessive exclamations and caps lock cruise control ran rampant in my early time. SS was the first forum I was ever a member of, which would explain why lots of my early posts were annoying.

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - LOON_ATTIC - 04-28-2010 07:41 AM

I was quite an idiot, there was one thread in a forum in which I made 3 pages of posts, all in a row by myself...
I also got in shit because I didn't see some guy's message and some shit, on a game I was making, it was a shitload of confusion.

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - CrayolaColours - 04-28-2010 07:58 AM

Ellis Wrote:Admittedly, I was pretty stupid in my first few-several months on the intarwebz. Excessive exclamations and caps lock cruise control ran rampant in my early time. SS was the first forum I was ever a member of, which would explain why lots of my early posts were annoying.
How is this any different from now?

Laugh

I too, was an idiot. But I still typed normally. I was just plain weird. I still am, but I think I just fit in more over here.

In fact, I was expecting you all to hate me upon my joining, and that I'd have to leave by the end of the month.

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - arthasmenethil - 04-28-2010 09:14 AM

I think I was pretty normal. I never used text/1337 speak unless it was part of a joke.

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - Thought Criminal - 04-28-2010 11:32 AM

SS was my first ever forum. I found SS when I was doing research for a paper on why gum should be allowed in school. I had been on the internet before that but wasn't really part of the culture. Just watching videos on youtube and the like.

You can look at some of my stupid early posts if you like.

Some of the more embarrassing ones:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3525
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3105 (10th post)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3594 (pyro's tutorial actually stemmed from me asking this but it got split off into a new topic)

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - returnal - 04-28-2010 12:12 PM

A post of mine, circa May 2006:
[Image: content]
Yeah, that.

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - Faby - 04-29-2010 12:47 AM

I had no notion of grammar... Or apostrophes... Or anything. And I was a HUEG drama llama.

SS is not my first forum, though. I first joined a forum a few days after getting intarwebs, in June 2005.

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - AWOL - 04-29-2010 01:06 AM

Faby Wrote:I had no notion of grammar... Or apostrophes... Or anything. And I was a HUEG drama llama.
thought criminal Wrote:SS was my first ever forum
Raikuron Wrote:I used txtspeek and 1337 A LOT!!! I acted even more of a retard than I act now!

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - psychopath - 04-29-2010 01:37 AM

When I "first" came onto the internet it was very limited use and I just used it for surfing and then eventually playing yahoo chess. Then I joined a forum which I made 10000 threads which got me banned, then I started playing runescape and played other games 24/7 and the rest is history.

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - LOON_ATTIC - 04-29-2010 09:11 AM

psychopath Wrote:Then I joined a forum which I made 10000 threads
ALL AT ONCE? Holy shit. iMacros isn't that fast for me...

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - psychopath - 04-29-2010 05:38 PM

Lunatic Wrote:
psychopath Wrote:Then I joined a forum which I made 10000 threads
ALL AT ONCE? Holy shit. iMacros isn't that fast for me...

Ok maybe a bit exaggerated but it was a lot of threads

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - ~Mystery~ - 04-29-2010 06:28 PM

psychopath Wrote:then I started playing runescape

Combat level?
also
buying lobbies1!1!!"

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - psychopath - 04-29-2010 06:30 PM

Mystery Wrote:
psychopath Wrote:then I started playing runescape

Combat level?
also
buying lobbies1!1!!"

Lol level 50 and then I thought it got banned and made a new one up to 11 or so, spent most of it fishing on that island for swordies and then wasting everything i had in the wilderness. Wilderness is like gambling lol, you end up with nothing.

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - యూజర్ పేరు - 04-30-2010 04:59 AM

The internet is not a tangible entity; therefore, it is impossible for anyone to cum on it.

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - Raikuron - 04-30-2010 10:32 AM

BobManPerson Wrote:The internet is not a tangible entity; therefore, it is impossible for anyone to cum on it.

Umm... What? Where the fuck did you get that idea?

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - Thought Criminal - 04-30-2010 12:35 PM

TRUE FAX

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - Fire Elf - 04-30-2010 12:46 PM

No idea... been using the internets way too long.

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - LOON_ATTIC - 04-30-2010 02:35 PM

I CAN CUM ON MY COMPUT

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - Sociopath - 04-30-2010 03:32 PM

I usually looked at forums without posting (now entitled 'lurking') but SS is the first forum I ever joined. I may have started my flamewar career there and admittedly, made a few mistakes and pissed off alot of people (but to be blunt, they were quite ignorant) But ultimately, I apologized; but they were all "NO-UH WE DOUNT FURGIVE ER FERGET LOLOL" So I raged and thats been going on somewhat for 3 years now.

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - The Desert Fox - 04-30-2010 03:36 PM

TrueAnarchist Wrote:But ultimately, I apologized; but they were all "NO-UH WE DOUNT FURGIVE ER FERGET LOLOL"
Says the person who still constantly holds things that happened forever ago against admins/mods.

inb4 Fag Arena

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - Sociopath - 04-30-2010 03:40 PM

Ellis Wrote:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:But ultimately, I apologized; but they were all "NO-UH WE DOUNT FURGIVE ER FERGET LOLOL"
Says the person who still constantly holds things that happened forever ago against admins/mods.

inb4 Fag Arena
Only because they do it to me.

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - AWOL - 04-30-2010 03:41 PM

TrueAnarchist Wrote:
Ellis Wrote:

inb4 Fag Arena
Only because they do it to me.

I flame/insult you when it's a flame war and I'm in it for the lulz, or you claim things that I call bullshit on.

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - Sociopath - 04-30-2010 03:44 PM

Calling bullshit doesn't make you right. Besides, I already apologized, what more do you want from me? Would you like me build a time machine and go back to the past and warn myself of the consequences of newbie posting?

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - The Desert Fox - 04-30-2010 03:49 PM

TrueAnarchist Wrote:Calling bullshit doesn't make you right. Besides, I already apologized, what more do you want from me? Would you like me build a time machine and go back to the past and warn myself of the consequences of newbie posting?
I'm not "attacking" you for making "newbie posts", don't know where you got that idea. I'm simply pointing out that while you said you'd like for everyone to stop "attacking you due to your newbie posts" or something, you keep on getting on the mods/admins for "editing other's posts/sigs/etc" even though they haven't done so in quite some time.

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - Sociopath - 04-30-2010 03:57 PM

Ellis Wrote:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:Calling bullshit doesn't make you right. Besides, I already apologized, what more do you want from me? Would you like me build a time machine and go back to the past and warn myself of the consequences of newbie posting?
I'm not "attacking" you for making "newbie posts", don't know where you got that idea. I'm simply pointing out that while you said you'd like for everyone to stop "attacking you due to your newbie posts" or something, you keep on getting on the mods/admins for "editing other's posts/sigs/etc" even though they haven't done so in quite some time.
Thats only because they do it to me, but I think they've stopped, so I will too.

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - The Desert Fox - 04-30-2010 07:17 PM

TrueAnarchist Wrote:Thats only because they do it to me
No, they did it to you, quite some time ago.

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - aaaaaaasd - 05-01-2010 02:09 AM

oh god another thread turned into a flamewar

WHY

also ta you can't count, you havent been here for 3 years what are you talking about

Re: When you first came onto the internet... - Thought Criminal - 05-01-2010 05:16 AM

TrueAnarchist Wrote:(but to be blunt, they were quite ignorant)
Oh the irony