School Survival Forums
New member here. - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Sticky (/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: Welcome! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: New member here. (/showthread.php?tid=3886)

New member here. - Akai - 06-15-2010 03:17 AM

Hey, everyone. You can call me Akai, or whatever else you'd like. I just randomly typed up "I hate school" in the searchbar in health class and this awesome website popped up. This looks like just the kind of website I was looking for, for the past while.

Some background information: I'm a libertarian communist with strong interest in the arts. All of them. Biggrin

Re: New member here. - Sunbourn - 06-15-2010 03:29 AM

HAI 2 U

Re: New member here. - Ceiling Cat - 06-15-2010 03:33 AM

Hai thar, commie. You'll fit right in, just remember to pick up a straitjacket in the third door to the right's front upside down left.

Re: New member here. - Faby - 06-15-2010 03:34 AM

Akai Wrote:libertarian communist

Isn't that self-contradictory?

Re: New member here. - Ceiling Cat - 06-15-2010 04:15 AM

Faby Wrote:

Nope... real communism is more to the left than democracy. Get the propaganda out of our eyes.

Re: New member here. - Faby - 06-15-2010 04:27 AM

Ceiling Cat Wrote:
Faby Wrote:

Nope... real communism is more to the left than democracy. Get the propaganda out of our eyes.

Libertarianism implies free market. Wasn't free market something that pertained to capitalism?

Re: New member here. - Ceiling Cat - 06-15-2010 05:04 AM

Capitalism isn't even close to free market. Nothing that involves money, is.

Re: New member here. - Swift - 06-15-2010 06:02 AM

Libertarianism was originally a term to describe communist-anarchism, anarcho-communism, anarcho-syndicalism, etc. The Libertarian Party(Capitalist) stole the term in the 1970s.

Welcome Comrade! Solidarity Forever!

Re: New member here. - MorikoMisa - 06-15-2010 07:11 AM

Why helloooo. I'm Moriko...welcome to the site. Do you taste good when cooked?
Tentacles, lesbianism, Nazis, postwhoring.

Re: New member here. - John Tuttle - 06-15-2010 09:57 AM

Ceiling Cat Wrote:Capitalism isn't even close to free market. Nothing that involves money, is.

Do you know the definition of a market?

Re: New member here. - Ceiling Cat - 06-15-2010 02:42 PM

John Tuttle Wrote:
Ceiling Cat Wrote:Capitalism isn't even close to free market. Nothing that involves money, is.

Yes, it doesn't have to involve a currency with its value carefully controlled by the government, so the lowest people don't get too rich.

Re: New member here. - John Tuttle - 06-15-2010 03:48 PM

Ceiling Cat Wrote:
John Tuttle Wrote:

Yes, it doesn't have to involve a currency with its value carefully controlled by the government, so the lowest people don't get too rich.

Then how come every nation that has embraced free-market ideology seen a reduction in poverty? South Korea did so, and they transformed from a war-torn impoverished nation to one of the most prosperous nations in the world. Need more examples? Sure: Germany, Japan, and Italy post WW2, Singapore, Hong Kong, Brazil, Poland, et cetera. I rather live in any of those places than in some stagnant, disease-ridden, agrarian village.

BTW: definition of a market:
Quote:A market is any one of a variety of different systems, institutions, procedures, social relations and infrastructures where by persons trade, and goods and services are exchanged, forming part of the economy. It is an arrangement that allows buyers and sellers to exchange things

Markets can be barter-based - but this limits progress and favours those in control of resources. Money eliminates this problem.