School Survival Forums
I Survived - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Blogs (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: I Survived (/showthread.php?tid=37682)

I Survived - LucyPres467 - 06-27-2017 08:09 AM

My name's Lucy, I'm 19 and from the UK. I survived school and now I want to give help to others about how to get through education.

I was also invited here by Steve Hein, to try and sort things out, as I hear there's been some conflict on this site. Me and Steve have know each other for many years, and he's helped me a lot in the past, when I was struggling through school. He's helped me to understand how my family was being abusive towards me, and made me feel validated. We talk a lot about needs as well.

I Survived - James Comey - 06-27-2017 08:10 AM

Hey, feel free to tell us about your issues you faced in school.

I Survived - SoulRiser - 06-27-2017 08:30 AM

Welcome. Smile

I Survived - Deleted - 06-27-2017 08:33 AM

Welcome. Smile

RE: I Survived - LucyPres467 - 06-27-2017 08:52 AM

(06-27-2017 08:10 AM)Hansgrohe Wrote:  Hey, feel free to tell us about your issues you faced in school.

There were so many things I hated about school. I think one of the main things is how society blindly accepts the ideology that school is a positive thing, that its good for children, that its education is so necessary that it should be forced upon us.

I'm all for learning, but schools are a breeding ground for mental health issues. Like, I don't know who thought it would be a good idea to take kids who are going through hormone changes and make them do stressful exams and tell them they're life depends on it. Its easy to see why bullying might occur.

Physically and psychologically teenagers are designed to get up late and stay up late, but we drag them up early and emphasise early bed times. I'm sure many people on here, like I did, find school exhausting.

I also don't like being told when I can eat, drink, pee, speak, or stand. Many countries are facing obesity issues, and yet we still force children to sit in uncomfortable chairs for 6 + hours a day, which just isn't natural, especially for younger kids. That's why I think ADHD is somewhat a myth.

RE: I Survived - stevehein - 06-27-2017 10:34 AM

to hans

im sorry i have been treating you the way i have been

im afraid i let sr down

i do sound insane

i apologize

RE: I Survived - James Comey - 06-27-2017 11:47 AM

(06-27-2017 08:52 AM)LucyPres467 Wrote:  
(06-27-2017 08:10 AM)Hansgrohe Wrote:  Hey, feel free to tell us about your issues you faced in school.

There were so many things I hated about school. I think one of the main things is how society blindly accepts the ideology that school is a positive thing, that its good for children, that its education is so necessary that it should be forced upon us.

I'm all for learning, but schools are a breeding ground for mental health issues. Like, I don't know who thought it would be a good idea to take kids who are going through hormone changes and make them do stressful exams and tell them they're life depends on it. Its easy to see why bullying might occur.

Physically and psychologically teenagers are designed to get up late and stay up late, but we drag them up early and emphasise early bed times. I'm sure many people on here, like I did, find school exhausting.

I also don't like being told when I can eat, drink, pee, speak, or stand. Many countries are facing obesity issues, and yet we still force children to sit in uncomfortable chairs for 6 + hours a day, which just isn't natural, especially for younger kids. That's why I think ADHD is somewhat a myth.

I know what you mean when it comes to mental health issues. I was forced to take special education and it fucked me over for many years. It takes a lot of time to mentally recover from the horrors of the education system.

It sounds like you're finally finding solace, good for you Smile.