School Survival Forums
hi, I am new here - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Sticky (/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: Welcome! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: hi, I am new here (/showthread.php?tid=37644)

hi, I am new here - Sunflower - 06-21-2017 06:03 AM

hi, I am a 16 year old who hates school with a passion! I have been to public high school(the ratings are 10 out of 10.(I don't even know how but it sucks soo much!!! I started failing my classes cause I truely believed that that place was morally wrong!(got deeply inspired by Ken Robinsons Ted talk. I I went to a continuation high school which I thought was good but it was alot more of my previous high schools mentality(command and control and shove information that we will never need down our throats etc). Now I am at an independent study school and that is kind of working out(I just need to get more responsible then I can learn whatever I want and follow my passions(I like to read and also like music, play the baritone and the guitar). I am here cause I still feel really depressive thoughts(pretty rare now but still) about going to jail for truancy and blowing up my home high school cause of the pain it caused me and that kind of stuff for hours. It doesn't help that my friends call me stupid sometimes for failing my classes(thought I haven't told them yet that it deeply affects me cause they call each other stupid for the smallest of reasons(as a joke) and they are fine with it) (probably should tell them). I am really excited to be a part of this fourms cause I can rant about how much I hate school and why and know that other people will feel the same way!

RE: hi, I am new here - Sunflower - 06-21-2017 08:54 AM

(06-21-2017 06:17 AM)Benjavaz Wrote:  Welcome to SS, we're glad to see a new person here. Check out the old threads because they have a lot of meaning. I hate school too, and so do most people on this site.

thanks, it feels good to be part of a community where hating school is the norm! I will definitely check out the old threads.

hi, I am new here - stevehein - 06-21-2017 09:34 AM

welcome.

yeah, rant away.

this is a good place to express yourself safely. some people will judge you here but overall it is a good support site for intelligent people.

here u can say stuff like u have thought of blowing up the school and u wont get banned

in fact you will probably get thanked. haha

i very much understand how you feel.

i am 59 by the way and i hate schools more each day.

i have tried to take some of my ideas into schools - like new ways of teaching english here in uruguay where i have been living for four years. (im from the usa)

and i have tried to introduce non violent communication - marshall rosenberg's idea - and my alternative to it which i call paulish.

i have actually been inside lots of schools in different countries around the world. i go visit the english classes. it is amazing how easy it is in most countries outside of places like the usa, the uk, australia.

anyhow i have seen so many schools now from the inside.

i see how they kill creativity, like robinson says, but also empathy and curiosity and caring and cooperation. and trust and love.

i feel sad you get depressed. i know the feeling too well but i have freedom which you, as what i call a teen prisoner, don't have

anyhow welcome

please write more.

hi, I am new here - Avatar Korra - 06-21-2017 09:47 AM

You kinda sound like me: 16, hated attending a school others considered "good", deliberately got low grades because they are meaningless, got inspired by an anti-schooler, currently attending an online independent study school, and feeling depressed(mine used to be really intense but it's way lower now).

Welcome to SS Sunflower!

I love you already~

RE: hi, I am new here - the Analogist - 06-21-2017 11:29 AM

Im a father of 4, married, and I have an office job thats way funner than it sounds.

My kids are going to receive a curriculum of character described in my singature and my "Musings" on the alternative learning forums.

Glad this place is getting some new people.

Welcome! Biggrin