School Survival Forums
introduction - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Sticky (/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: Welcome! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: introduction (/showthread.php?tid=37602)

introduction - WiseOne - 06-04-2017 02:36 PM

I am a relatively old man with homeschooled children of my own.
But I have been through the "school" detainment-and-homework system, so I know how horrible it is.
I know that it is one of the greatest evils in modern society, if not the single greatest evil.
If you want youth liberation, then I have the knowledge and wisdom that can plant the seeds to eventually bring that about.

introduction - SoulRiser - 06-05-2017 02:34 AM

Welcome, oh WiseOne, Notworthy

Please, enlighten us... if you deem us worthy.

RE: introduction - TheCancer - 06-05-2017 02:45 AM

Quote:I have the knowledge and wisdom that can plant the seeds to eventually bring that about.

Does it involve a van full of little kids in the Mohave Desert?

RE: introduction - the Analogist - 06-06-2017 07:19 AM

wiseone, please approve of my musings posted in the alternative learning and income forum.

im not sure if anyone has read them yet

introduction - Avatar Korra - 06-10-2017 04:39 AM

New person!! Welcome to SS~ <3
The old threads are the best, so look through them. :u

introduction - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA - 06-10-2017 01:47 PM

WiseOne niggalig :| we may seem fucking degenerate i mean some of us are, especially I. I say I'm the most degenerate bUT MaN IF YOU GOT THE SECRETS WE NEEd 'EM. To be honest, I don't believe you.

introduction - xcriteria - 06-10-2017 02:01 PM

Welcome to the forums -- I think that as more people homeschool, and share their experience of it, it can do a lot to change the conversation about education that is usually all about school-as-usual.

RE: introduction - the Analogist - 06-11-2017 08:13 AM

the great value of school is that it lessens the burdens of parents.

not everybody has a stay at home wife/husband or can afford making a one income house work. and orphans exist.

what we need are alternatives that are publicly funded by funds that practically anyone can get access too.

RE: introduction - WiseOne - 06-12-2017 01:12 PM

(06-11-2017 08:13 AM)the Analogist Wrote:  not everybody has a stay at home wife/husband

I personally do not. But homeschooling doesn't consume much time, so it's not a problem.
Much of homeschooling consists of one's children reading from reference books,
and even the internet; and the interactive parts of homeschooling can be done very efficiently,
such that the children learn much more quickly than they would in the school-prisons.
The school-prisons are designed to waste the vast majority of their time and energy,
for the purpose of detaining minors for as long as possible.

(06-11-2017 08:13 AM)the Analogist Wrote:  and orphans exist.

The unique requirements of orphans are irrelevant to non-orphans.
If there are to be schools for orphans, then those schools must cut out all of the time-wasting
and energy-wasting, so that they are cut down to about 1 hour per day.

RE: introduction - the Analogist - 06-12-2017 06:41 PM

I outlined a style of "class" organization for theCancer in the school talk section since he had sort of asked for it.

my division of subjects is for the purpose of identifying the universality of why none of them are irrelevant. so for any humanities or science discipline, the goal is an ability to form sound opinions based on evidence and reason. the teacher only needs to know basic logic and then act as a project manager managing by objectives