School Survival Forums
Who here believes Jaden Smith was right? - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Who here believes Jaden Smith was right? (/showthread.php?tid=37588)

Who here believes Jaden Smith was right? - The man - 05-27-2017 04:02 AM

WELL?

Who here believes Jaden Smith was right? - The man - 05-28-2017 10:45 AM

ANYONE?

Who here believes Jaden Smith was right? - Gwedin - 05-28-2017 12:27 PM

nobody

Who here believes Jaden Smith was right? - The man - 05-28-2017 12:55 PM

He was tho.

Who here believes Jaden Smith was right? - brainiac3397 - 05-28-2017 01:51 PM

right about what

RE: Who here believes Jaden Smith was right? - The man - 05-28-2017 08:50 PM

(05-28-2017 01:51 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  right about what

Everything.

Who here believes Jaden Smith was right? - Avatar Korra - 05-29-2017 12:33 AM

What did he say?

Who here believes Jaden Smith was right? - The man - 05-29-2017 01:03 AM

"If everyone dropped out of school we would have a more intelligent society".

Who here believes Jaden Smith was right? - Avatar Korra - 05-30-2017 01:32 AM

Oh, then in that case, hell yeah he's right! We'd have a society of free(er) thinkers since they wouldn't have been affected by all the peer pressure that comes with being stuck in a building with hundreds of people. Also, in school you are expected to know specific info at specific times, so, if no one went we'd have more variety in knowledge and skills + more time to spend on these things.
Plus we'd have:
-a raise in self esteem from not having grades and obedience levels determine your worth.
-maybe a raise in health from not being forced to sit for hours everyday(thus getting used to that) and we'd drink more water. At school, you can only pee at certain times and a limited number of times, thus causing people to drink less water to avoid needing to pee. Also, without having to get up early, or study/do work really late, we may get more sleep.
-increased happiness from having more freedom, and greater senses of responsibility from getting to decide things for ourselves.

Basically, a society of unschoolers. <3

RE: Who here believes Jaden Smith was right? - the Analogist - 05-30-2017 01:08 PM

human needs place limits on life.

Who here believes Jaden Smith was right? - Math_n_Logic - 05-31-2017 02:56 AM

It's funny because in the Age of Enlightenment, the university system was primarily a private enterprise and was a time where institutions of intellectual thinking existed. People were allowed a break from the church(which ruled at the time) and began to question widely accepted beliefs. New discoveries were made and everyone was involved in discussion on topics of either politics, philosophy, science, etc.THAT was science, and critical thinking, not the way school teaches it(in modern society) in which they expect you to accept it AS IS(even if you are wrong you could learn while trying to disprove it).

RE: Who here believes Jaden Smith was right? - the Analogist - 06-01-2017 01:26 PM

i doubt the image of the enlightenment portrayed as you've described. not everybody is free enough with their time to partake in what is sometimes the vanity of "intellectual" pursuits.

I wonder if the majority of society knew they were living in the enlightenment?

RE: Who here believes Jaden Smith was right? - Gwedin - 06-01-2017 04:46 PM

Quote:i doubt the image of the enlightenment portrayed as you've described. not everybody is free enough with their time to partake in what is sometimes the vanity of "intellectual" pursuits.

these are basically my thoughts, i know when i dropped out i certainly didn't make use of the time to learn or whatever, i sat around on the computer with my dick in my mouth.

i mean i didn't learn a whole lot in school but it's probably more than what i learned after dropping out (until now but i'd be out of school now regardless). i did learn a bit about myself, does that count? kinda worthless knowledge though, in the whole "prepare yourself to get a career" or whatever sense. maybe good in a general "life" sense or idk.

RE: Who here believes Jaden Smith was right? - the Analogist - 06-01-2017 06:50 PM

ideally you grow up before much is expected of you, but a lot of jobs dont expect much so it kinda doesnt matter really, career wise.

you grow up for you, or in my case for your family you werent really ready to end up with