School Survival Forums
School Discipline - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: School Discipline (/showthread.php?tid=37164)

School Discipline - francois - 03-23-2017 12:30 AM

Hello!
I have recently joined a school and I believe that they have a ridiculous discipline system. Here is how it goes:

Do so much as ask for a pen (note this includes looking at the person next to you if he or she is talking to you), your name is written on the whiteboard with an 'x' written next to it. Do so much as ask for a pen again and you are issued a 300 word essay divided into 6 sections with questions like:
(1) how were you disruptive in class?
(2) how do disruptive people have a bad effect on our society?
(3) how do disruptive people have a bad effect on the school?
(4) how do disruptive people have a bad effect on your fellow students?

There is no second 300 words, the next sanction is a detention on a Friday. You are given only two detentions before proceeding to be suspended.

If more than one person is being "disruptive" during class, the whole class is requested to stay 5 minutes during break (if the next item on the schedule is break otherwise kept in 5 minutes on the next day where break is the next item) per 15 seconds disrupted.

Am I overreacting or is this school struggling to maintain control and as a result are taking very wrong measures to discipline their students?

Also note that this is a private school that I am referring to.

School Discipline - SoulRiser - 03-23-2017 12:32 AM

It sounds like that school is run by crazy people. Cuckoo

Asking for a pen is hardly 'disruptive'... is this some kind of military/prison school?

School Discipline - James Comey - 03-23-2017 05:28 AM

Dufuq?

I've had teachers like this before but an entire damn school... holy shit...

School Discipline - DreamRebel - 03-23-2017 09:19 AM

Yeargh I hate when fascism rears up in the education system.

School Discipline - Geicosuave - 03-23-2017 09:35 AM

What the fuck this is ridiculous this is one example of why private schools suck

School Discipline - James Comey - 03-23-2017 10:55 AM

Private/charter schools are huge hit and miss.

School Discipline - DreamRebel - 03-23-2017 04:20 PM

To be honest, every private school I've ever been to was a huge ball of ableism, and one was so tyrannical I could just kick the archbishop for not shutting it down and excommunicating the shit out of the staff.

RE: School Discipline - Dead - 03-24-2017 12:26 AM

(03-23-2017 04:20 PM)StrixDesmodus Wrote:  To be honest, every private school I've ever been to was a huge ball of ableism

?

RE: School Discipline - soli - 03-24-2017 05:34 AM

my public school is like
if you ask for a pen, they give you a ddf
you get 3 ddfs and get a referral, a visit to the office, and they call your parents
you get 2 referrals and they have a parent teacher conference, you get another visit to the office, and sometimes ISS or detention
you get 3 referrals and you either get suspended or expelled.
you're also given a ddf if you forget your ID card, forget your chromebook (laptops are a requirement at my school, but so many sites are restricted), speak out against the teacher (this part depends on the teacher, some enforce it, some don't), are late to class, and other reasons that usually depend on how shitty the teacher is

the problem is that this isn't discipline because with discipline, you would learn how it's a disruption, why disruptions cause troubles, and instances which it is okay (which should be almost all instances). this is punishment to scare you into conformity.

RE: School Discipline - DreamRebel - 03-24-2017 08:49 AM

(03-24-2017 12:26 AM)Dead Wrote:  
(03-23-2017 04:20 PM)StrixDesmodus Wrote:  To be honest, every private school I've ever been to was a huge ball of ableism

?

Every tried getting an IEP in a private school, or at least the ones I went to? Ditto, then ever tried getting that IEP followed. It's not a very recreational thing,

RE: School Discipline - Dead - 03-24-2017 09:09 AM

(03-24-2017 08:49 AM)StrixDesmodus Wrote:  

?

Every tried getting an IEP in a private school, or at least the ones I went to? Ditto, then ever tried getting that IEP followed. It's not a very recreational thing,

Oh, I see. I wouldn't know, I've never gone to a private school. Explaining your reasons behind claims makes it easier for people to get where you're coming from.

RE: School Discipline - DreamRebel - 03-24-2017 10:18 AM

(03-24-2017 09:09 AM)Dead Wrote:  
(03-24-2017 08:49 AM)StrixDesmodus Wrote:  

?

Oh, I see. I wouldn't know, I've never gone to a private school. Explaining your reasons behind claims makes it easier for people to get where you're coming from.

Yeah, sometimes I forget.

School Discipline - HawkbitAlpha - 03-25-2017 07:01 PM

Who the hell does this school admin think they are? I seriously want to know who this person is that takes such extreme solutions to things. This is the kind of idiot who kills a fly with a grenade. Or when their car runs out of gas, buys a new car.