School Survival Forums
Monologue Misery - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Homework Help & Answers (/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Monologue Misery (/showthread.php?tid=36840)

Monologue Misery - DreamRebel - 11-14-2016 12:55 PM

I've got to memorize a monologue, but I can't find a monologue that fits well. I figured to make my own monologue, but it kind of ended up getting stupid and monotonous but without any logical alternative path to rewrite it on.
I don't know what the play will be, and thus what character in particular I want, but I know what kind of character I want to play.
But the thing is, I'm in one of those states where can't think of anything.
So if anybody could help me out, wither in finding a monologue or coming up with a good scenario, goal, or elements for a monologue, you'll be a hero.
Something with strong emotions, preferably. Maybe menacing and arrogant, or joyous, or fearful, or manic.
Please?

Monologue Misery - brainiac3397 - 11-14-2016 02:13 PM

Something hamlet. Hamlet is always nice.

RE: Monologue Misery - Pieman - 11-16-2016 07:55 PM

Does it have to be from a play? The key to remembering good monologues is something that makes you go "Holy shit.." in awe when you hear it. I'm a fan of many fictional villains for this very reason, because they usually have the best monologues.

If it doesn't have to specifically be from a play, I'd try Hugh Laurie's monologue from the end of Tomorrowland. Here's a link to it. I should note the video doesn't include the final, most prominent line, that being "..It's not the monitor's fault. It's yours."

If you'd prefer a play, Shakespeare is a good source. I like Henry VIII. Here's a link to my favorite monologue and, if you'd prefer a different one, here's all of the monologues from every one of Shakespeare's works.

Hoped this helped!

RE: Monologue Misery - Vatman - 11-18-2016 03:57 PM

I always go Wilde when I have the choice.

Some of his best monologues sorted by gender and tone:
http://www.monologuearchive.com/w/wilde_oscar.html