School Survival Forums
Students and Teachers Relation - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Homework Help & Answers (/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Students and Teachers Relation (/showthread.php?tid=36585)

Students and Teachers Relation - studentlance - 07-25-2016 05:09 PM

Sometimes I come across those students who are not well in their subjects and even do not ask their queries from their subject teachers.. May be this is the communication gap, or fear from the teachers? What do you think what could be the possible reason and how we can overcome this?

RE: Students and Teachers Relation - Softspoken - 07-25-2016 06:51 PM

For me it's always been a bit humiliating to go up to the front of the room and basically say "hey, can you help me get this, because i'm too slow to grasp it on my own"

RE: Students and Teachers Relation - TheCancer - 07-26-2016 01:33 AM

Teachers are supposed to be constantly assessing what's being processed. It's our job to know what you don't know. Also if it's new material or complex I think a teacher might be wise to say don't stress too much if you don't get this the first go. Many teachers structure class to avoid questions because their content knowledge is very poor. Sometimes the teacher may want to deal with your question but there may be complex discipline things going on that you don't even know about. I suggest politely raising your hand and asking every time. If it was my class and there was a reason I couldn't get to it immediately I would tell you honestly and at least put it on a post it and get to it when possible.

Try not to be shy but be polite and understanding.

RE: Students and Teachers Relation - studentlance - 07-29-2016 03:24 PM

(07-25-2016 06:51 PM)Softspoken Wrote:  For me it's always been a bit humiliating to go up to the front of the room and basically say "hey, can you help me get this, because i'm too slow to grasp it on my own"

Yes this is the point I am actually talking about. Some students feel shy and are slow to capture few things. So what do you do to clear your doubts, because you have got exams to clear and assignments to complete on time.

RE: Students and Teachers Relation - the Analogist - 08-03-2016 01:43 AM

The class is the problem. Classes need to be (1) small if not personal, (2) voluntary as well.

As for (1) because learning should be a personal quest for enlightenment uninhibited by distractions like social anxiety.

As for (2) you are less likely to feel uncomfortable when out a genuine desire to know, you, in the company of the mutually interested, express a concern or confusion. If people are there just trying to "get on with it" that is when people get cranky.

Students and Teachers Relation - DreamRebel - 08-03-2016 07:05 AM

I gotta say, there are some teachers that I've never wanted to ask, be it that I'm afraid to or that it seems like it seems like it would just waste time. Even when I have a good teacher, sometimes is just doesn't occur to me to ask too.

RE: Students and Teachers Relation - James Comey - 08-03-2016 12:36 PM

(07-25-2016 05:09 PM)studentlance Wrote:  Sometimes I come across those students who are not well in their subjects and even do not ask their queries from their subject teachers.. May be this is the communication gap, or fear from the teachers? What do you think what could be the possible reason and how we can overcome this?

It'd probably help if everyone actually volunteered in the first place. But Cancer is right. Our egos tend to be bloated, especially when we're young. No one likes to be wrong, or be seen that they need assistance.