School Survival Forums
16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me in School - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me in School (/showthread.php?tid=36515)

16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me in School - Miller0700 - 06-22-2016 09:34 AM

Found this. Seemed like a good place to put it.

http://www.positivityblog.com/index.php/2008/04/02/16-things-i-wish-they-had-taught-me-in-school/

16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me in School - Rule_BreakerXVIII - 06-23-2016 05:12 PM

Nice. Reminds me what I was like at the start of 6th or so; seeing that, while school pitches itself as a place of learning, very little learning goes on there.

RE: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me in School - the Analogist - 06-23-2016 06:46 PM

I just wish when I was taught manners it was for the purpose of networking and diplomacy, not impressing people and hiding my personality.

Although we WILL deal with people, the humanities are never taught for the purpose if actually developing a theory on human nature. The purpose of which is to develop your own system of personal ethics and tact when dealing with people. Instead its *Book* followed by *Quiz* and isnt learning fun? Whats wrong with you?

16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me in School - schoolsux - 06-23-2016 07:14 PM

I am most certainly victim to #6 and #7 in particular.

With #6, I used to actually take a risk in life. I avoid talking to people for the most part. I avoid where I could bump into classmates. I also avoid going out in public in general except for marching band.

With #7, I've done that since 3rd grade. It's a lifestyle. It's the only way I know how to live.

16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me in School - UnicornLionWolf - 06-24-2016 04:05 PM

#5, #6, #7, #10, #14 are difficult for me to do.
As for #10 in particular, I honestly had an easier time doing that one before middle school.
#6, #7, I think I naturally have a hard time with those, considering I'm a perfectionist and all.

RE: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me in School - gone - 06-24-2016 11:20 PM

I'll put my thoughts into a spoiler so this post doesn't seem longer than it really is.