School Survival Forums
Why am I here? or Why I am here? - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Sticky (/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: Welcome! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Why am I here? or Why I am here? (/showthread.php?tid=36237)

Why am I here? or Why I am here? - the Analogist - 02-13-2016 02:11 PM

I am a 29 year old father of three married after college having no clue what life or marriage was about. I currently work at Walmart.

I had an epiphany awhile back while working at OfficeMax and believe I've discovered the end-all common-sense answer-to-all-questions solution to schooling and education. That was almost 4 years ago and I am more sure than ever that I am right.

I haven't gotten around to assembling my theory into a YouTube video, but I'm working on the script for it since the School Survival twitter account decided to follow me, and I've gotten more positive attention from my education comments than anything else I've produced, except for an analysis of Egoraptor's critique of the Zelda series. (I abandoned the re-make of that video temporarily)

I have a deep need to spread my ideas to interested people, but aside from my wife, who basically agrees with me by now, I've got very few people to really debate with since most people I know agree with me.

So, thats me.

Why am I here? or Why I am here? - brainiac3397 - 02-13-2016 02:50 PM

Ooh that other thread makes sense cause walmart. Walmart sucks.

If you want someone to debate you look no further. I'd debate a priest into hell and the devil into heaven if I felt like it. I probably won't though cause I usually don't feel like it, but sometimes I'll bring up counter-points and what-not.

RE: Why am I here? or Why I am here? - the Analogist - 02-13-2016 03:22 PM

(02-13-2016 02:50 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  If you want someone to debate you look no further. I'd debate a priest into hell and the devil into heaven if I felt like it. I probably won't though cause I usually don't feel like it, but sometimes I'll bring up counter-points and what-not.

You remind me much of my best friend from Walmart. Good discussions.

But seriously, I used the word commoner which I later realized contained an embedded rebuttal in itself. Have "commoners" disappeared through the changes in society? Surely if the name indicates anything its how frequently they are found.

I put it another way to a sandwich shop manager. "[...] I have yet to negotiate a useful existence for myself"

I am reminded everyday that even if/when I get out, all those people will still be left behind. I can't just write them off, ya know what I mean?

Why am I here? or Why I am here? - DreamRebel - 02-13-2016 04:09 PM

You make some great points.

Why am I here? or Why I am here? - SoulRiser - 02-15-2016 07:22 AM

Welcome!

I run the SS Twitter account btw. It's good to have you here. Smile

Feel free to link/embed your videos in posts here in relevant sections, if you like.

RE: Why am I here? or Why I am here? - the Analogist - 02-17-2016 04:13 PM

(02-15-2016 07:22 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Welcome!

I run the SS Twitter account btw. It's good to have you here. Smile

Feel free to link/embed your videos in posts here in relevant sections, if you like.

Thank you much! I very much appreciate the support you've already given me Biggrin

RE: Why am I here? or Why I am here? - UnicornLionWolf - 06-03-2016 03:25 PM

(02-13-2016 02:11 PM)the Analogist Wrote:  I am a 29 year old father of three married after college having no clue what life or marriage was about. I currently work at Walmart.

I had an epiphany awhile back while working at OfficeMax and believe I've discovered the end-all common-sense answer-to-all-questions solution to schooling and education. That was almost 4 years ago and I am more sure than ever that I am right.

I haven't gotten around to assembling my theory into a YouTube video, but I'm working on the script for it since the School Survival twitter account decided to follow me, and I've gotten more positive attention from my education comments than anything else I've produced, except for an analysis of Egoraptor's critique of the Zelda series. (I abandoned the re-make of that video temporarily)

I have a deep need to spread my ideas to interested people, but aside from my wife, who basically agrees with me by now, I've got very few people to really debate with since most people I know agree with me.

So, thats me.

What is your theory in general?

RE: Why am I here? or Why I am here? - the Analogist - 06-13-2016 07:14 AM

(06-03-2016 03:25 PM)UnicornLionWolf Wrote:  What is your theory in general?

http://forums.school-survival.net/showthread.php?tid=36246

http://forums.school-survival.net/showthread.php?tid=36461

Why am I here? or Why I am here? - xcriteria - 08-29-2016 11:33 AM

Late response here, but welcome -- I am currently catching up on the forums but I've been pretty inactive over the past year; I want to change that.

The idea of doing a YouTube video about education ideas reminds me of this thing I wrote up years ago, but never completed -- Video Presentation Script; I happened to be 29 years old myself when I posted that.. Over the past few years though I've learned a LOT more than I knew back then, and I've found lots of talks and articles and many people interested in self-directed education, especially since 2011. So many more people seem to be talking about what's wrong with schools and what to do about it in the past years, but there's so much more work to be done to make these ideas accessible to more people in practice.

I'll look at your idea posts more and reply separately there.

RE: Why am I here? or Why I am here? - the Analogist - 08-30-2016 02:37 AM

Thanks Smile