School Survival Forums
my school is about to shut down school survival - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: my school is about to shut down school survival (/showthread.php?tid=36165)

my school is about to shut down school survival - awesomejuan36912 - 01-12-2016 05:56 AM

My school found out about School Survival, and about 1/10th of everyone in the school uses it / has a account. So- they have blocked school survival on their wifi, and are now sending emails to parents to block it from theirs also. Any ideas how to stop the link to mine?

my school is about to shut down school survival - SoulRiser - 01-12-2016 06:10 AM

The link to what of yours exactly?

RE: my school is about to shut down school survival - awesomejuan36912 - 01-12-2016 06:13 AM

(01-12-2016 06:10 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  The link to what of yours exactly?

They're convincing parents to blocking their wifi to School Survival.

RE: my school is about to shut down school survival - Ilija.m - 01-12-2016 06:57 AM

(01-12-2016 05:56 AM)awesomejuan36912 Wrote:  My school found out about School Survival, and about 1/10th of everyone in the school uses it / has a account. So- they have blocked school survival on their wifi, and are now sending emails to parents to block it from theirs also. Any ideas how to stop the link to mine?

Use a proxy such as Proxy

RE: my school is about to shut down school survival - IronicallyNamelessUser9 - 01-12-2016 07:26 AM

(01-12-2016 05:56 AM)awesomejuan36912 Wrote:  My school found out about School Survival, and about 1/10th of everyone in the school uses it / has a account. So- they have blocked school survival on their wifi, and are now sending emails to parents to block it from theirs also. Any ideas how to stop the link to mine?

Wow. Thats a lot of people using this site. Your school's mainstream population must be mostly anti-school.

And why in particular do they want even the PARENTS to block it? Must be pretty desperate to maintain their dogma!

my school is about to shut down school survival - mediocre - 01-12-2016 09:01 AM

i'm pretty sure schools have the right to block whatever they find 'distracting' to education.
stories like this always weird me out 'cause my school has pretty much nothing blocked.
find a good proxy or use your phone as a wifi hotspot, i guess.
or just don't browse ss at school. you won't miss much.

RE: my school is about to shut down school survival - awesomejuan36912 - 01-12-2016 10:47 AM

(01-12-2016 09:01 AM)mediocre Wrote:  i'm pretty sure schools have the right to block whatever they find 'distracting' to education.
stories like this always weird me out 'cause my school has pretty much nothing blocked.
find a good proxy or use your phone as a wifi hotspot, i guess.
or just don't browse ss at school. you won't miss much.

it's fine.

I DELETED THE MESSAGE.

Tripleevil

my school is about to shut down school survival - SoulRiser - 01-13-2016 01:35 AM

I suppose I'm kind of flattered that the school is going to actually email ALL the parents about this site. Maybe some of them will even like it.

my school is about to shut down school survival - Azine - 01-13-2016 02:18 AM

Wow that is quite terrible...Hopefully no one will get into too much trouble with their parents about it.
And like Soulriser said, maybe some good will come out of this. Hopefully :/