School Survival Forums
Holiday Season - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Music (/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Thread: Holiday Season (/showthread.php?tid=36112)

Holiday Season - DreamRebel - 12-06-2015 09:06 AM

It's that time of year when you switch to the radio station that insists on playing the same six songs on a loop. But certainly there are more songs for the season, even if you're only counting the Christian and secular ones.
Where I'm from, despite the large ethnic communities, the radio station is at a loss for what to play. They have nearly the whole world to chose from, and the promise that a good number of locals would appreciate hearing Stille Nacht, Lulaj ze Jesuniu, etc.
Children and nostalgic would love to hear Snoopy's Christmas, and with the new movie, this is even more likely.
History buffs are dying to hear Gloucestershire Wassail and whatnot.
But no, we're stuck with way too many covers of Let It Snow.

Where any of you are from, do you guys have the same problem?
And what Christmas carols would you like to hear on the radio that you don't hear much?

Holiday Season - brainiac3397 - 12-06-2015 10:37 AM

I hate thet goddamn christmas specials. Their so crappy and corny. One minute I'm watching a sci-fi, next minute their celebrating some fucking holiday VERY reminiscent of Christmas.

And they've even got those damn cheery jingle crap. So annoying. I don't give a crap.

Holiday Season - DreamRebel - 12-06-2015 04:29 PM

Oh my gosh, yeah! And the aliens or elves or whatnot never have their own version of Halloween, or even Independence Day. It's always Alien Christmas. It's never a dysfunctional or awkward Christmas either. Always suspiciously unadulterated in happiness and enthusiasm.

Holiday Season - schoolsux - 12-12-2015 02:50 PM

I can't stand Christmas music at all, especially before Thanksgiving. I mean, the people who focus entirely on Christmas skip entirely on a major holiday. Yes, Thanksgiving is full of inaccuacies. For example, it would generally be in October when the harvest is collected, not late November.