School Survival Forums
Is middle school that different from high school? - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Is middle school that different from high school? (/showthread.php?tid=36074)

Is middle school that different from high school? - schoolsux - 11-13-2015 03:19 AM

Pretty much what the question says. I'm in 8th grade, and I just want to know if high school is as bad/worse than middle school. And middle school is pretty fucking bad.

My school is different than alot of schools, though. As in the middle school and the high school are in the same building (I go to the high school every day, because the band room is in the high school).

Is middle school that different from high school? - brainiac3397 - 11-13-2015 03:29 AM

It's older?

Main difference is probably that the stuff you do in HS actually means something for colleges(who don't seem to care much for middle school unless it was something exceptional)

RE: Is middle school that different from high school? - Username - 11-13-2015 04:42 AM

Responsibilities grow and the stress piles up, students become more jaded and/or arrogant. Teachers start to care less.

Is middle school that different from high school? - GamerGurl - 11-13-2015 05:41 AM

It gets a lot worse, on all levels. Time you have to get ready, cliques get cliquier, the workload grows enough to fill filing cabinets, the teachers want you to participate more, etc. It sucks so bad and I'm so glad do be out of thethe hellhole that is school.

Is middle school that different from high school? - craxyguy562 - 11-14-2015 10:14 AM

In high school you're closer to graduating.

Is middle school that different from high school? - brainiac3397 - 11-14-2015 11:31 AM

btw senior year tends to be a total 180. People begin to slack and stop taking anything seriously, especially if you've taken care of your SATs and whatever. By the last few months from graduation, most seniors are barely participating(in most cases)

RE: Is middle school that different from high school? - Cianna200 - 11-14-2015 12:18 PM

Middle school was worst for me, high school was sorta better, but elementary school was absolute hell! :(

Is middle school that different from high school? - schoolsux - 11-14-2015 12:21 PM

So far:

Middle school- the worst by far
Elementary school- overall not that bad, had it's ups and downs, though

Is middle school that different from high school? - brainiac3397 - 11-14-2015 01:14 PM

Who even remembers elementary school?

RE: Is middle school that different from high school? - Cianna200 - 11-14-2015 01:26 PM

People with good memories/ people who have been effected greatly by it.

Is middle school that different from high school? - schoolsux - 11-14-2015 01:27 PM

People who were in it not too long ago.

RE: Is middle school that different from high school? - brainiac3397 - 11-14-2015 03:32 PM

I have good memory. My elementary era was pretty uneventful.

Is middle school that different from high school? - schoolsux - 11-14-2015 04:37 PM

Same with mine. And I likely remember more, as I was in elementary school just a couple years ago.

Is middle school that different from high school? - Dead - 11-15-2015 11:14 AM

There's more choices for classes in high school. Although you've still got to meet certain requirements to graduate.

RE: Is middle school that different from high school? - thewake - 11-15-2015 04:36 PM

I found the high school culture to be less toxic. But the general set up is about the same.

RE: Is middle school that different from high school? - no - 11-15-2015 04:42 PM

Middle school is an overhyped parody of high school. High school is an overhyped parody of college.