School Survival Forums
Story of student in the USA kicked off campus when he sought help from the uni - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Story of student in the USA kicked off campus when he sought help from the uni (/showthread.php?tid=35339)

Story of student in the USA kicked off campus when he sought help from the uni - stevehein - 05-02-2015 10:51 AM

He ended up killing himself.... His sister wrote about it later. How the university treated him....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2015/04/30/i-wish-i-had-never-told-my-brother-to-get-help-from-our-college-when-he-was-suicidal/?tid=hybrid_linearcol_3_na

Story of student in the USA kicked off campus when he sought help from the uni - brainiac3397 - 05-02-2015 11:59 AM

This is why I never trust mental counseling unless I'm forcibly and involuntary committed to it. In which case I'd probably be enough crazy to again distrust them.

Man existed fine without having shrinks insulting them(minus the crazy rulers and their insanely spoiled children. They may have benefited from therapy)

Story of student in the USA kicked off campus when he sought help from the uni - James Comey - 05-02-2015 12:28 PM

I'm glad I'm avoiding special services (on purpose) as I enter university... I've been through enough of that shit in school. I don't need that crap pestering me for the rest of my life.

Story of student in the USA kicked off campus when he sought help from the uni - brainiac3397 - 05-02-2015 01:44 PM

Plus it's like a criminal record(no matter how minor). They see anything about getting "psychological/mental" help and suddenly they suspect you of being crazy, and any action you might take(no matter how harmless) will be exaggerated in their mind as a sign of insanity.

Story of student in the USA kicked off campus when he sought help from the uni - James Comey - 05-03-2015 03:17 AM

^Yeah, that's pretty much how they operate. There's a "suspect" way of doing things, and it's pretty disturbing.

Story of student in the USA kicked off campus when he sought help from the uni - stevehein - 05-05-2015 08:27 PM

today i added another comment to the article....i'd appreciate everyone's feedback, and if they feel so inclined, to add their own comments to article....

what i said basically in my newest comment is that it is possible the staff made ian feel *worse* -- thus violating one of the oldest principles of the medical/helping profession: First, do no harm.

RE: Story of student in the USA kicked off campus when he sought help from the uni - Cianna200 - 05-05-2015 10:37 PM

Steve, have you added any other recent article on these matters?

RE: Story of student in the USA kicked off campus when he sought help from the uni - thesupremeanarchist - 06-05-2015 12:09 PM

Thanks to the fucking cocksuckers at my old school, I'll never be able to buy a gun. They called me crazy and committed me to an insane asylum. Communist faggots.

RE: Story of student in the USA kicked off campus when he sought help from the uni - Sociopath - 06-05-2015 01:58 PM

(06-05-2015 12:09 PM)thesupremeanarchist Wrote:  Thanks to the fucking cocksuckers at my old school, I'll never be able to buy a gun. They called me crazy and committed me to an insane asylum. Communist faggots.

You can actually get that contested in court and even wiped from your record.

Barring that, you can still buy a gun from a gun show/friend/black market without a background check.

Story of student in the USA kicked off campus when he sought help from the uni - SoulRiser - 06-07-2015 05:27 AM

You don't need to techincally even buy the whole gun:
http://www.wired.com/2015/06/i-made-an-untraceable-ar-15-ghost-gun/?mbid=social_fb