School Survival Forums
Is it OK that kids hate school? - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Is it OK that kids hate school? (/showthread.php?tid=34914)

Is it OK that kids hate school? - lisafromjackson - 01-20-2015 07:05 AM

Since kids, especially teens, are generally irresponsible, there is no more reason to listen to their complaints about school than to their complaints about eating vegetables and doing chores.

https://www.facebook.com/coollit/posts/10152741243512800

RE: Is it OK that kids hate school? - MrAnonymous - 01-20-2015 08:54 AM

That's like saying you shouldn't listen to what an African-American has to say because he/she is black.

Is it OK that kids hate school? - lisafromjackson - 01-20-2015 09:02 AM

But kids are children, so their opinion really doesn't count.

RE: Is it OK that kids hate school? - MrAnonymous - 01-20-2015 09:08 AM

"It's not like kids have anything good to say. We're the adults, and we're the better age group." The lack of a child's voice is a problem in today's schooling.

Tell me, is this what you really think or are you imitating parents/adults who think this way?

Is it OK that kids hate school? - lisafromjackson - 01-20-2015 09:14 AM

Yeah, I'm imitating. Take a look at the facebook post I linked in the first post in this thread.

I'm sorry, I do that a lot. I'm militantly pro-child.

RE: Is it OK that kids hate school? - MrAnonymous - 01-20-2015 09:20 AM

(01-20-2015 09:14 AM)lisafromjackson Wrote:  Yeah, I'm imitating. Take a look at the facebook post I linked in the first post in this thread.

I can't view your entire post; I don't have Facebook. By the way, your signature is jacked up.

Is it OK that kids hate school? - lisafromjackson - 01-20-2015 09:24 AM

Jacked up how?

Is it OK that kids hate school? - MrAnonymous - 01-20-2015 09:39 AM

"...and and..."

RE: Is it OK that kids hate school? - Chanku - 01-20-2015 09:42 AM

(01-20-2015 07:05 AM)lisafromjackson Wrote:  Since kids, especially teens, are generally irresponsible, there is no more reason to listen to their complaints about school than to their complaints about eating vegetables and doing chores.
This statement is in itself absurd. This statement, aside from straw manning, dehumanizes kids(and teens) to an extent, and displays them with negative connotations. This in itself allows you to dismiss an argument without proving it incorrect.

Also their complaints may hold validity and reasoning. This statement itself raises an issue with me as it also dismisses any reasoning behind their complaints which may be valid.

Also since you are making this claim, I must ask for your reasoning behind this, and any evidence that does support your claims. Since you made the claim you are the one with the Burden of Proof, thus you must show some proof in order for your statement to have any weight behind it.

(01-20-2015 09:02 AM)lisafromjackson Wrote:  But kids are children, so their opinion really doesn't count.
However they are still humans, right? As such they are living, breathing, and thinking and as such have opinions. As such you make the kid a 'lesser' being by stating their opinion doesn't count (which if applied to children can actually harm them when they get older). However there must be a reason to dismiss another human's opinions, even if they are younger than you. So I have to ask, on what grounds do their opinions not count, and what evidence to you have to support that?

(01-20-2015 09:14 AM)lisafromjackson Wrote:  Yeah, I'm imitating. Take a look at the facebook post I linked in the first post in this thread.

You should probably give some sort of indication of what you are doing so this way people understand (for example sarcasm online is typically followed by /s, so perhaps do something similar to that.)

Is it OK that kids hate school? - lisafromjackson - 01-20-2015 10:02 AM

Yeah, thanks...

I play devil's advocate a lot. It's not always good to show your hand when you do that.

Is it OK that kids hate school? - Dirtbikemike - 01-20-2015 08:06 PM

To answer OP's title question: No. It's not OK. And it's not healthy for us.

RE: Is it OK that kids hate school? - eerie138 - 01-20-2015 09:35 PM

(01-20-2015 08:06 PM)Dirtbikemike Wrote:  To answer OP's title question: No. It's not OK. And it's not healthy for us.

It's definitely not OK. I don't think adults can see the damage that school does to kids. I mean, there are some people who are fine with the mentality that your signature denotes, but by and large I really want to believe that adults want to get out of that cycle too.

The thing that holds adults back is a crippling fear that they will end up powerless. And they hold onto this belief so hard that they start drilling it into their kids when they're little babies. It gets worse and worse as the kids get older because the kids start to see that it's all just BS. And they call the parents on it. But the parents are already so brainwashed that they can't see another way.

It's really scary and sad that adults fall into this way of thinking because they lose touch with the dreams and inspirations they had when they were kids. And then they're miserable and they want to keep their kids 'in-line' so they feel like they're doing the right thing. Ridiculous

RE: Is it OK that kids hate school? - Superkamiguru - 01-03-2017 08:11 AM

(01-20-2015 07:05 AM)lisafromjackson Wrote:  Since kids, especially teens, are generally irresponsible, there is no more reason to listen to their complaints about school than to their complaints about eating vegetables and doing chores.

That's quite a bit different,and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same fucking NOVEL as something as legitimately damaging as "school".